Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
CTN

Scratched Parquet Floor - Possible To Diy Repair?

my parquet floor got ugly scratches due to the maid dragging furniture across, causing white lines on the floor.

It is semi-matt, last varnished 2 years ago

Can any kind soul recommend DIY products that I can use to repair those scratches?

Thanks

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

my parquet floor got ugly scratches due to the maid dragging furniture across, causing white lines on the floor.

Can any kind soul recommend DIY products that I can use to repair those scratches?

Thanks

need to lightly sand it down and revarnish, anyway parquet needs regular maintenance, 5yr interval: fine sanding, gap filling, revarnish. it is last u at least 20years..

Thanks

When you need to revive your old wooden floors you basically have several options depending on the extent of the wear on the wooden floor. The most simple procedure is just to Clean & Polish - Clean the wooden floor thoroughly and then apply a layer of Bona Refresher or Bona Polish, this method is used when you have micro scratches and your wooden floor is looking a bit dull. The Bona Refresher or Polish will cover up these micros scratches and bring you wooden floor back to life. This is a simple procedure that you can do by yourself on a regular basis to ensure that your wooden keep looking beautiful.

If your scratches are deeper but have not penetrated to the wood itself a recoating job may be sufficient, this is a process where you using a buffing machine and a screen to take off the top layer of the varnish but doesn’t remove and wood. After the screening is done you apply one layer of varnish and your wooden floor should look like new. However, if your floor is warped, water stains, deep scratches, dullness and whole areas worn bare by household traffic it’s time for a complete Re-sanding & Re-coating of your wooden floor. This is done by sanding down to bare wood removing all varnish, scratches, stains and any unevenness in the wood floor. After the sanding process new varnish is applied and you wooden floor will look like new again.

In the past sanding down to bare wood meant a dust-producing and smelly process, however, today with the Bona Dust Containment and water-borne varnishes this process is quick, dust-free and odour-less.

Please contact a certified professional to ensure that you get the correct advice and to ensure that your wooden floor get the treatment it deserves.

- Bona Fanatic

Edited by Bona