Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Sixtus

Bad Experience With Mitsubishi Electric Starmex

On 27 April 2016 at 5:12 PM, user123 said:

what tem are you having? if more than system 1, does other indoor unit got problem operating too?

I faced such problem before with both my starmex and Panasonic..... indoor work a while got blower but not cold, then suddenly shut down, but other unit works ok.... both sets also electrical cable from indoor unit to outdoor unit got problem (rusty and broken somewhere)... change the cable, then no problem....

Usually aircon men will come and use a replacement wire to connect direct from your room indoor unit to the outdoor to test if the aircon working properly before they check the PCB and other component which are rarely giving problem.

I am renting a room and im using starmex inverter also. Im having the same problem, one week after servicing, light blinking then suddenly stops blowing air, ask the service men to check what is the problem, they have repaired it then after 2 days same problem again. Repair it again and now after one week, same problem. Can't ME Starmex recall their defective units? I am just renting the room and owner say they will charge us for the repair. Any recommendations?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Im thinking of putting Mit Starmex those 24000btu at my hall too. But after reading all these, makes me think again.

But I have kinda research in the web, does all/most these problems due to wiring/cable? Read the installation manual, its suppose to hv 4 core wire connected to the fan unit and compressor. 

Most contractors here will only use 3 core, and the earth wire is normally used for the "signal" connection. Sometimes, depend on luck, this may hv no affect. But looking from these thread, maybe it does.

Esp those high BTU fan units.

I maybe wrong but me too looking for 22k and abv BTU for my living area. Was really keen on Mit starmex till I saw this thread. Now considering Toshiba or Panasonic... hmmmm any advise?

Edited by frozted12

On ‎2‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 10:18 PM, frozted12 said:

Im thinking of putting Mit Starmex those 24000btu at my hall too. But after reading all these, makes me think again.

But I have kinda research in the web, does all/most these problems due to wiring/cable? Read the installation manual, its suppose to hv 4 core wire connected to the fan unit and compressor. 

Most contractors here will only use 3 core, and the earth wire is normally used for the "signal" connection. Sometimes, depend on luck, this may hv no affect. But looking from these thread, maybe it does.

Esp those high BTU fan units.

I maybe wrong but me too looking for 22k and abv BTU for my living area. Was really keen on Mit starmex till I saw this thread. Now considering Toshiba or Panasonic... hmmmm any advise?

Seriously, I don't think its the aircon, it's the cable problem.... so musts insist to use a good cable that will not rust easily and break the connection and you will have these problems....

I have been using 2 sets mits starmex and one Panasonic... the Panasonic indoor is so noisy at night until I have to keep tapping it to stop the vibration noise.... but the starmex are so quiet.... my resale coming up and it will be another starmex.. no other brand... I swear by it

On 10/23/2014 at 2:22 PM, LocalGod said:

hi. i barely use my living room aircon MXY-GE26VA. the last time i turned it on is 6 months ago. recently i tried to turn on but no response.

no led light, no blinking. called the coy ALLB3ST who installed my aircon down to check. they said PCB and motor spoil.

PCB = $280.

Motor = $380.

i rejected and am sourcing around for similia rproblem and come across your post.

can share how much u repair for the PCB?

my pcb costs about the same as yours including labour - change 1 pcb labour is $50. so i have total of 4 PCB spoilt. $200 labour, the main board pcb on the compressor blew. the rest is indoor FCU pcb is about $150~.. total almost 1k .. screw starmex and jackneo

I had the blinking LED problem, read this thread and was preparing myself for a large repair bill.

Then I searched the mitsubishi website and found their troubleshooting manual.

I quote: " Why are the 2 lights of the fan coil unit blinking?
They are blinking continuously as the safety switch located on the left of the louvers is not properly locked in. It acts as a safety device and does not mean that your unit is faulty. Ensure that the safety switch is properly secured in position and it will stop blinking. "

Source http://www.mitsubishielectric.com.sg/services-support/faqs

So all I did was to make sure the louvres directing air are properly seated in their places and my aircon worked after that.

Hope that helped

My Mitsubishi Starmex has been a good workhorse. I turn it on every night and so far, it has not given me any problems. Do you all do maintenance for your aircon?

I think Mitsubishi have alot of marketing done to build up the branding, thus looks very trustworthy and good. 

However I am still decided to use one of the oldest brand available, Daikin! :) 

Got my system 3, 3MKS71 at the price of $2899 from Everjoint from AMK. Basically good price and good workmanship. 

Save my hassle to check out the materials, as all have been upgraded within this price! Daikin fans can check it out urself. 

Think you can just google them for their contact. Cheers! 

On 6/22/2014 at 4:49 PM, Sixtus said:

I just want to share my experience with a fairly new Mitsubishi Electric Starmex inverter a/c for those who are planning to purchase this series..

MXY-GExxVA

I am using a system 4 starmex a.c.

Over a year old , barely used.

One fine day discovered that one of my FCU cannot turn on.

After a few months,another one of the bedroom FCU could not power up.

Next thing I check was the other 2 room, luckily they are able to power up the a/c but the air is not cold. (FCU working for a minute or so and the led blinks and automatically turned itself off)

I continued to check the compressor and found it not running.

Call in the repairman from Mit. and they came within a week.

technician arrived and turn on my FCU, then proceed to the compressor and almost immediately pull out the power controller for the compressor unit and replace it. (it seems that he already know what component is spoil)

told me i had to replace all the 3 PCboard on the FCU as well.

What kind of crap MEQuality is that... after 1 year the pcb gives so much problems, I really wonder are they making money out of replacing their consumers' pcboards.

please all ME starmex users if you had the same problem, let me know and I will log it down.

Hi i am having the exact same problem as what you describe and my air con is just 1 year and 17days old. contacted Mitsubishi and after appeal they only offer 10% off the parts but still need to pay for labour and transport. 

My Model is MXY4G28VAR1 by the way. 

may i ask roughly how much was the cost for ur repair?

Edited by enghup

We have 4 units of MSY-GE24VA. We seldom used aircon

2 fan motors broken down within a year. Request them to change for all units.

After 4 year another 1 broken down again. 

The quality of Mit aircon is questionable. 

In my old house, we used Daikin for more than 10 years. Never have any problem..