Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
stylocool

My Industrial Show Flat @ Punggol Emerald

This is the final product. How does it look?

Kitchen

Living Room

Wardrobe

Master bedroom

Edited by stylocool

• Like 2

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Floor plan of my 5rm flat

Hacked the wall at the kitchen to make it an open concept kitchen. Hacked the wall at Bedroom 1 and sealed up the door.

We need a big wardrobe as my wife and i have a lot of clothes hence will be using the MBR as our walkin wardrobe. Bedroom 1 will then be our master bedroom.

Edited by stylocool

• Like 1

Walk-in Wardrobe Reno

Rather than the conventional covered and squarish wardrobes, we opted for open concept steel poles which we customised to maximise storage space for all our clothes and of course my wife's bags. We also included a barn door concept which we can slide left or right.

Using steel plates as shelvings to display my wife's bags.

Customised aviator design panel for my barn door concept. Looks quite cool but it's easily scratched.

Installing the panel onto the roller tracks. Look at the size of this thing. Even the tracks have to be customised in order to withstand the weight of this panel and yet easy for us to push it. The man in the middle of the pic told me that he is the best in SG when it comes to this. Oh well i've no basis for comparison so no comments. Probably just want to tell me that his work is good.

If you've notice in the pic above, there is something at the left bottom corner. That's our island wardrobe. My wife want it to look like those vintage cabinets with a lot of drawers. Something like what we see in those TCM shops. But in order to maximise space, we don't need to have so many drawers so our ID just make it look like there are a lot of drawers. Smart! The pipe on top of the island can be used for hooking accessories like bracelets, watches (maybe not wise to do so), etc, using those S-hooks. Just something we added so that the top doesn't look that plain.

This is how it looks like when you pull the drawer out.

Edited by stylocool

• Like 1

TV Console Reno

My TV console made using i-beams and of cos more steel. It's wielded to the shoe cabinet and bolted to the wall. ID uses the barn door concept to hide the HT equipments with wire mesh glass panel. Very nice and won't obstruct the IR signals. Initially our ID came up with a crane design with steel cables to hook onto the shoe cabinet. Something you see in Keppel where all the containers are. But as our shoe cabinet is too big and HDB ceiling height is too low, we have to scrap the idea so we ended up with a pulley design. As we have a 2 yr old boy who is constantly "exploring" new stuff, my floor standing front speakers most likely will be placed on metal plates on the i-beam itself so that he would be able to reach it.

The barn door up close and slided over to the shelvings of the HT equipment.

The pulley wheel up close. It gives you the impression that the barn door is controlled by the wheel.

This is how it looks like from the shoe cabinet angle.

Edited by stylocool

• Like 1

Kitchen Island Reno

Always wanted an kitchen island in my house which is why we have an open concept kitchen. Our intention is to use this island as a dining table (6 - 8 pax) as well hence it has to be quite long and wide. Will be using those high tolix bar stools. This is how the island looks. Used galvanised sheets to enhance the look. Will be adding rivets to the black trimming of the table to have that steel look. At the back of the island, i'm housing my wine fridge (just a small one).

When it comes to the island lights, i like it to be big and something different of cos. Lights in SG is just crazy expensive. So like everyone, i got it from TB and it's love at first sight when i saw this light. During the installation, the zigzag cramp is not able to hold on to the weight of the light hence it becomes fully extended. I think it was meant to be this way. Who ask HDB build our ceiling so low! ****! In the end no choice got to cut away a big portion of the zigzag cramp.

Much better now. Don't like the silver round base as it makes the light not integrated to the metal beam. But no choice the round base is actual the bracket of the zigzag cramp. Oh well...

Cannot remove the round base so i requested to paint it black.

All done and lights up!!!

Edited by stylocool

• Like 1

Corridor Reno

Nothing much we can do for the corridor so i just got those hanging cage lights. Where? TB of course. Bought some edison bulbs as well and will be using those for the house warming.

As we didn't get the doors from HDB, we have to get our own doors. Shockingly, there is only that much designs to choose from and definitely none of them looks industrial. So customise again lor. At first wanted to make it like a door in a ship. The door with a round window in the middle with steel grills leh. Too bad not enough Vitamin M especially when there are 3 doors to do. So we thought of making it looked vintage (just paint and sand it down) for a change. Think i have too much industrial design in the living room so nice to keep it simple here. Still some element of industrial design. Check out the hinges. Probably will paint the handle black also.

Edited by stylocool

• Like 2

Toilet Reno

For the toilets, we only touch the walls as the flooring seems alright to match the theme. We intent to keep both toilet design to be similar. We replaced the WC and shower sets. For the wet area, we chose white subway tiles.

For the washbasin and taps in both toilets, we are using Toto LW-682B and Hansgrohe Metris 260. Love the Toto washbasin design! Another love at first sight when we saw it Toto showroom. For WC, we used Dahll (the more squarish one) from SSC. Think the Hansgrohe tap is a bit too tall so need to see what can be done. For the cabinet, we do it all black with wire mesh glass for that industrial feel.

For the MBR toilet, we've added some lights (probably using edison bulbs) near the mirror to put incorporate some industrial feel. Stay tuned for my custom made (got a TB vendor to do it) industrial toilet accessories (toilet roll holder, face & bath towel rails) which will be installed soon.

For shower set and mixer in the common toilet, we used Hansgrohe. Got it during Econflo sale.

For shower set and mixer in the master toilet, we used Grohe Power & Soul Cosmopolition 130 (bought from Amazon) and Grohe Grotherm 2000 (bought from Insani24).

Edited by stylocool

Master Bedroom Reno

For the MBR, we keeping it simple and cosy. We have ordered some vintage marquee letter lights to be hung on the wall. The lights will be our initials.

My wife wanted a dresser so have to custom again. We wall hung it. Probably will get some of those pedestal from Ikea to put it before the dresser. My wife wanted her mirror to be different. Something like the Moroso Diesel Ego Stud mirror which cost around 2k+. Don't have that kind of money for a mirror so custom again. But she wanted a different shape. This is the end result.

Beside the dresser, we have a cage light to light up the area a little. Don't quite like this so it has to be changed.

ID changed to this but wife still not impressed. What do you guys think?

Edited by stylocool

Misc Reno

Custom a workbench to be place at the weird recess near the window in the walk-in wardrobe. This will be the place for my desktop and 2 x 24" Dell Ultrasharp. I'm curious what others are doing to hide this weird recess.

Got a robot light from TB as my work desk lamp. Cute bo? Still need to buy a bulb to attach it to the head. Hmm maybe I will use Edison bulb.

Installed a sliding window at service yard area. Takes about 1 hr to do it.

Decided to change our main gate to match the industrial design.

Blinds installed! For the living rm, we used all black and for the bedrooms, we used white with black.

Edited by stylocool

Shoe Cabinet Reno

As my wife and i have a lot of shoes! When i said a lot i mean A LOT!!!. Between us, we easily have 100 - 200 pairs and growing. If my wife have not been dumping her shoes, it will be 200 - 300. OMG! This is why we need one big f**king shoe cabinet to house all these shoes. Sticking to our industrial theme, our ID proposed a container design for the shoe cabinet. This is also the reason why we chose him as our ID in the first place. Something different and unique. But from day 1 till now, the size of this cabinet has grown bigger and bigger. It now stands at 2.8m x 2m!

The wordings on the cabinet will be decided later. But most likely it will be like the real container with max weight, volume, etc. Probably we will change it to max shoes instead.

This is how it looks like when open.

Edited by stylocool

Marquee Lights

It's finally here. Our custom vintage marquee lights.

Peace sign for the living room.

Moustache for the kids room. Need to change it from rustic black to solid black as it doesn't match the theme for the kids room. Got to wait for 2 months for the next batch of shipment.

This is how it looks after installation. Love it TTM!

One bulb was not working so need get it changed.

Edited by stylocool

Toilet Accessories

For the common toilet, we got the mirror and mirror lighting from Ikea to add a touch of retro to the design. Need to tidy up the wires a bit.

Finally my custom toilet accessories get installed today.

My toilet roll holder made from steel pipes. Got a TB vendor to make it based on my design. Never run of toilet paper again!

Railing for hanging towels.

Really have a fetish over these red knobs! So ordered 3 of these but not too sure where to put them. Any suggestions? One idea i can think of is to use it to hang bathrobes. At the end, we put it on the wall near the main door. Will probably hang something on it.

Edited by stylocool

• Like 1

Electronics & Furnitures

For the living room sofa, i already knew what i want from day 1. A 3-seater CHESTERFIELD sofa from Locus Habitat. To be frank, the initial design of the house does not allow us to buy this sofa but I insisted to change the whole design to match this sofa. Even the lightings are changed and positioned to bring out the beauty of this thing. There are 3 sizes (S/M/L) to choose from but for HDB, medium is just nice as large is just too big. Even for medium, it's already 2.1m (W) x 1m (D)! Can even sleep on it! Locus Habitat is having a sale now! D*mn!

Finally it's delivered after months of waiting!

With the lights on, swee!

60" TV for living room

46" TV for MBR

Edited by stylocool

Misc

Coffee table at the tv console area

Our cosy corner at the living room

Moustache marquee light in the kids room. Wiring not concealed yet.

Medicine box

Little touch up to the boring bomb shelter door

Edited by stylocool