Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
bianzi

Self Designed House.. Project 2014

Last week end before I move in... Tiring day waiting for all sorts of delivery ..

1) painter for bomb shelter

2) dining table and chairs

3) sofa and bed frame

4) curtain installation

5) windows man to check the window lock

6) hood service guy to check the hood...

7) Harvey Norman ( fridge and washer) and they did not come.!... ( they mixed up my order.. Well.. What is new ? )

8) Aircon man to extend the water pipe

9) plumber ( emergency as water pipe I kitchen leaked and I had wet cabinets! ) shocker !

Pics for the final pdt

6FF2F338-7C34-4030-89C7-42807E2C2503_zps

A6CD2272-7ECC-446B-9DC1-C061A5E67426_zps

56D41B7C-2744-4C65-80AE-DB63F837CA07_zps

Tomorrow will be packing and also need to hunt for iron board

Edited by bianzi

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Thank you! It is really exciting to see all the furniture you buy getting into their respective places :)

Starting to look fantastic!

Today another round of cleaning .. Cleaning the interiors of the wardrobe and re mopping the floor again! House looking clean now :)

A pic of the small dining area

E9FD07AE-75F6-40E8-AAF9-B58AE1C2512F_zps

Sorry I got sth to ask regarding your carpentry. You mentioned that you want use internal PVC for your carpentry. What's that? What's the good point of using it?

Hi abbytan, this means that the interiors of the carpentry are covered with a coloured layer of laminate instead of the usual white ones. I find that the white ones ages with time...it turns yellowish...

Sorry I got sth to ask regarding your carpentry. You mentioned that you want use internal PVC for your carpentry. What's that? What's the good point of using it?

Last day before the move...

Washer and fridge delivery - checked

Citygas turn on - checked

My republic activation - checked

Yay! I am done except the packing (-____-)zzz

Spent almost the whole day in the new house repacking the unused tiles into the water and gas storage area outside the house...and clearing the cow webs that has accumulated for the past 6 years!

163436DB-E531-4E3C-9F73-B4864F1D8C26_zps

62DE6100-2514-4302-95CD-54F56A03268C_zps

37EE739F-51A2-4D1A-99FB-05C5987D5BBF_zps

Ok my mum insisted that I bring over this rug that she made from old towels... The pooh found its home in my kitchen now...

F10CA877-267D-41B5-AB69-476E03F0FBD7_zps

• Like 1

Hi abbytan, this means that the interiors of the carpentry are covered with a coloured layer of laminate instead of the usual white ones. I find that the white ones ages with time...it turns yellowish...

Meaning it will not fade so badly after a prolong period? Got any pic to show? Thank you

Edited by abbytan

Naturally if the base is not white.. Fading will not be obvious with the yellowish cream look. I guess a lot of the people here got coloured PVC for their wardrobe ...

I think there is a pic somewhere in my blog abt the excel pull out drawers for my kitchen. U shd be able to see that interior from that pic

Despite even having the highest bandwidth router.. I can't get the signal at all in my master bathroom. Looks like I need to buy an adapter to patch this...

Your router is really pretty!

I have finally moved in on the first day of Oct 2014! .. I hope I can stop surfing the reno forums, checking out public toilet tiles and cafe deco... I think I have built an extra sensor for that since the start of my reno .. Hahaha.. It is an addiction and I need my life back!!

Nevertheless, home decoration seemed like a continuous effort.. :P ..

Next need to concentrate on how to operate the new appliances that I got and of course... Unpacking! It might take another 2 months I suppose? Hahah

676E1825-DF63-46BA-8371-3F3DFCB8604A_zps

C6C7F326-E922-4525-9E77-2F0B36B783FA_zps

CE56FBA8-AA21-440F-8BD8-E8C05401F8FA_zps

• Like 3

On leave today as electrician coming to fix fan and dining lights.. And curtain quotation happening at the same time as well...

Challenge to fix the dining lights as I wanted the lights position to be in a triangle

Electrician asking me to tell him the exact position to fix... Arghhh

So I decided to use my tv box as a make shift table as a gauge.

5B7EB9D0-92B9-4195-95C3-19C1FB5142A9_zps

Done.. Doesn't look quite right as yet .. I will adjust the straps a little later... Too tired after this and curtains and blinds selection...

Mr curtains actually waited for me patiently and also gave ideas on how to put up the lights ..

84BA37F7-46F4-47ED-A536-0E269662445F_zps

Then when they saw my haiku fan... He said... Ummm we never fix this before... Not confident that they will do a good job... So he asked me to contact the seller to arrange for installation...

Went to comfort design and bought my dining table and chairs from star living...

6E5C901E-AD64-4596-BB2F-A452E023CB85_zps

Fishbone chairs - got 4 white ones to achieve a neat look.. Cos I will be having a bit of colours in my dining room already with the multi coloured wall decal and rainbow clock... Oops isit too colourful?.

B359188D-8DBB-4F3F-BD89-23DA905F6460_zps

Happen to see this nice and comfy chair so I decided to get it as well to make up the min purchase for free delivery... #ilovethisrockingchair

58ADFC0C-42CD-435F-9C1E-611B195C75B6_zps

Hi Bianzi, is the swee rocker chair from Star Living too? How much did u pay for it?

This is from comfort design. $200+ I think. Can't remember the exact.

Hi Bianzi, is the swee rocker chair from Star Living too? How much did u pay for it?