Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
bianzi

Self Designed House.. Project 2014

Dunno.. I requested for 2 level shelving and also the breadth was thick ask they are leaving allowance for the sockets behind the console

was it suppose to be this thick?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Carpentry updates ..

Visited the house today...

Tv console is up... But the white painted doors is scratched... So rectification needed...

Looks super thick and big... My mega tv console

2FFA8400-CD34-436A-8E05-987AB70573AA_zps

Kitchen carpentry is up too..

Supposed to be using the Blum hinges... But they made a mistake and used all excel ones instead . Not sure how ID is going to rectify this as it might create more holes in my cabinets to replace them?? And of course the usual carpentry defects spotted ... Why am I so "lucky"?

9794C85E-4761-4357-8493-94A401A75228_zps

The accessory tray...

2AB88154-31AF-4154-82E1-83BD48CB274C_zps

the pullout tray is for you to drain plates?

This is the condiments and sauce tray plus knife holder and all other misc stuff

the pullout tray is for you to drain plates?

Hello fellow self designer...

I did not closely inspect the grouting. But from what I know the cracks are inevitable in the long run. Let me check tomorrow...

Make sure u leave a space for the wall mount. Cos it takes skills for people to drill into the brick wall. The bricks might crack if it is not done properly. That was why my contractor C asked me for the wall mount size before he did the wall. For the wires... Pls ask them to drill a hole into the wall so that u can conceal them nicely.

Hi Bianzi,

Thanks for sharing! Great to hear from you!

Also, I love your kitchen and delighted for you!

Thanks love scandi .. The kitchen under went a couple of changes in layout as it is really small and I wasn't sure where to create the entrance ... Laminate wise ..might be better if I choose glossy white ... But As the kitchen gets quite a huge amount of sunlight ... I decided to get something Matt...

As for the craft brick grouting ... It was done nicely by contractor C's tiler... They have quite good worksmanship .. So i did not spot major cracks...

My wires will be nicely concealed.. I even asked the carpenter to drill a hole into the tv console from the top so that my sound bar wires can go through from there... :) hence resulting in a super thick tv console.. Hahaha... $$$$$$$$

Hi Bianzi,

Thanks for sharing! Great to hear from you!

Also, I love your kitchen and delighted for you!

Edited by bianzi

Yes mine is concealed...

But I think u can.. Pls check with heritage... Need to ask him which one to buy for exposed pipes...

They will know...

Your BTO already comes with concealed water pipes? I just found out that I can't use the Grohe overhead rain shower with exposed pipes :(

Basin from wasser bath, it is part of the toilet bowl and basin package. Think they are selling at $298 before discount if you buy the basin alone.

Grohe tap from heritage. I can't remember but it is roughly $200+

NICE BATHROOM BASIN & TAP ON YOUR VANITY... How much is it?

bro check with you smth. the holes behind your console, where is the main switch?? everytime on tv must open the console door n switch on right?

Umm sis here! Not bro. I have a switch behind the tv. But not using as tv is blocking the switch. So switch goes down to the console. Yes I don't intend to switch off the main switch. So no need to keep bending down

bro check with you smth. the holes behind your console, where is the main switch?? everytime on tv must open the console door n switch on right?

Glad I chance upon your reno blog. I went to Heritage. Quite competitive prices! Also, your tilt bracket fort he TV could be just what I need for my room too.

Good for u! I think wasser has the same as well. In fact I prefer wasser as their stuff are nicely placed in the shop.. Heritage ones are in a mess! Haha

I go to balestier wasser as the guys there are very patient with me which can be quite flicke minded with my selections. I changed my basin once and my kitchen sink once after my purchase and they are very receptive with that. In fact I wanted to Change again after delivery and they even offered to get the delivery guy down to my place to exchange for the model that I wanted..

That room bracket is a motion bracket. Can move from left to right as well... Besides having the tilting function :)

Fengshui say cannot sleep facing the tv.. Hahaha that is why I got that...

Glad I chance upon your reno blog. I went to Heritage. Quite competitive prices! Also, your tilt bracket fort he TV could be just what I need for my room too.

Too busy with work and I have finally decided to delay my move to oct...

Meeting another curtain supplier today to get a comparison ...

Decided to go for the digital lock...for both gate and door. Looking forward to the installation this sat...

In the meanwhile.. 2 cushions from comfort. Haha.. As I had to make up to the min purchase to get a free delivery. #cheapskate :)

I think this is a bit overused but could not find any others to match my sofa

8edeaf851383be4f90edda0b725c04b8_zps5e90

cb481be1f00c00f0b357c62ffd345780_zps8439