Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
bianzi

Self Designed House.. Project 2014

ya... haiku was one of my earliest purchase even before the reno... :notti:

The hollow brick wall is just more photogenic .,.. haha.. my mum absolutely hates it... she said the gaps will trap spider webs ..

OMG you splashed out on the haiku fan? Its beautiful though. Glad your brick wall issue is fixed to your satisfaction.

And I like the hollow brick wall. Pretty similar to what I have. heh. Does that mean I'm complimenting my own house? Hmm.. oh well! I love mine too!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

A section specially created for Pd door...

Great design but bad worksmanship

161A1821-4BD5-4AB6-9963-DDA97EFB50A7_zps

8858305A-86DF-4430-A376-1D2C2A6C7959_zps

43CECF76-37B5-4A6B-95C3-0C9C6C886459_zps

The guy came and sprayed paint the affected areas... Actually, the service is quite good.. So ok.. I just close one eye la... Not as good as new but still acceptable...

Edited by bianzi

I spent my off day doing Maria service ... Bought a dustpan and a broom and started sweeping off the dust in the house and trying to do determine the dining lights position by doing my own pre installation demo.. I must say that it is really a Neck breaking exercise ...!

27069C07-EBF5-4565-8708-2C466DD1093A_zps

that cost only 79 from self fix.. and i got charged $180.... :jawdrop:

OMG! Really?! Will go check out self fix soon since my ID promised to help me install FOC as long as i provide him the brackets

• Like 1

On leave today as electrician coming to fix fan and dining lights.. And curtain quotation happening at the same time as well...

Challenge to fix the dining lights as I wanted the lights position to be in a triangle

Electrician asking me to tell him the exact position to fix... Arghhh

So I decided to use my tv box as a make shift table as a gauge.

5B7EB9D0-92B9-4195-95C3-19C1FB5142A9_zps

Done.. Doesn't look quite right as yet .. I will adjust the straps a little later... Too tired after this and curtains and blinds selection...

Mr curtains actually waited for me patiently and also gave ideas on how to put up the lights ..

84BA37F7-46F4-47ED-A536-0E269662445F_zps

Then when they saw my haiku fan... He said... Ummm we never fix this before... Not confident that they will do a good job... So he asked me to contact the seller to arrange for installation...

Went to comfort design and bought my dining table and chairs from star living...

6E5C901E-AD64-4596-BB2F-A452E023CB85_zps

Fishbone chairs - got 4 white ones to achieve a neat look.. Cos I will be having a bit of colours in my dining room already with the multi coloured wall decal and rainbow clock... Oops isit too colourful?.

B359188D-8DBB-4F3F-BD89-23DA905F6460_zps

Happen to see this nice and comfy chair so I decided to get it as well to make up the min purchase for free delivery... #ilovethisrockingchair

58ADFC0C-42CD-435F-9C1E-611B195C75B6_zps

Edited by bianzi

Phylux .. Same place as my lights. If you are sincere abt buying I can give u the contact, they take in cash payment. They are the authorized distributor for haiku.

where did you get it from? the last time i checked it was $1.4....

Hiccup

While on my business trip, I got a whatsapp from C telling me that the workers accidentally painted the brick wall. Sian.. He asked if I ok to take this or he can redo all again for me! Dilemma. .. What do u guys prefer?

33778E7D-93BA-4405-90E7-300B47B3B9A9_zps

Thanks for sharing this!! I was just thinking how to conceal my TV on the brickwall and this totally explained how it should be done!

Anyway can I ask you, does your grouting between your craftbricks have any cracks? My brickwall is exactly like yours however upon very very close inspection, there are cracks on 35% of the white grouting - not sure if this is normal or should I ask the tiler to redo this. Also did your ID tell you he put a layer of protection on your bricks? Not sure if this is necessary too.

Hope to hear from you, thanks!!

• Like 1

Hello fellow self designer...

I did not closely inspect the grouting. But from what I know the cracks are inevitable in the long run. Let me check tomorrow...

Make sure u leave a space for the wall mount. Cos it takes skills for people to drill into the brick wall. The bricks might crack if it is not done properly. That was why my contractor C asked me for the wall mount size before he did the wall. For the wires... Pls ask them to drill a hole into the wall so that u can conceal them nicely.

Thanks for sharing this!! I was just thinking how to conceal my TV on the brickwall and this totally explained how it should be done!

Anyway can I ask you, does your grouting between your craftbricks have any cracks? My brickwall is exactly like yours however upon very very close inspection, there are cracks on 35% of the white grouting - not sure if this is normal or should I ask the tiler to redo this. Also did your ID tell you he put a layer of protection on your bricks? Not sure if this is necessary too.

Hope to hear from you, thanks!!

Edited by bianzi

carpentry day!

I was not there as busy with work .. So got the id to open the doors for the carpenters...

I am going only going to check out tomorrow .... ID delivered a piece of bad news...well what is new right?

Checked out wat happen to my hollow brick wall.... While nailing the kitchen cabinets on the wall from the other side ... The carpenters drilled too hard and bommz... 2 holes on the wall ... .. Need to get contractor C to help me patch this back... But it will never be the same Again as there will be a patched mark there since I am not going to screed it smooth ... And the hole looks seriously big...

E59D4FEA-54E7-4505-BDA1-64820C478738_zps

Edited by bianzi

Carpentry updates ..

Visited the house today...

Tv console is up... But the white painted doors is scratched... So rectification needed...

Looks super thick and big... My mega tv console

2FFA8400-CD34-436A-8E05-987AB70573AA_zps

Kitchen carpentry is up too..

Supposed to be using the Blum hinges... But they made a mistake and used all excel ones instead 😒. Not sure how ID is going to rectify this as it might create more holes in my cabinets to replace them?? And of course the usual carpentry defects spotted ... Why am I so "lucky"?

9794C85E-4761-4357-8493-94A401A75228_zps

The accessory tray...

2AB88154-31AF-4154-82E1-83BD48CB274C_zps

The hole in the wall has taken away my shoe cabinet focus.. A simple shoe cabinet ... :)

00251FED-C47F-4576-8879-32EB5D672020_zps

Edited by bianzi

Carpentry updates ..

Visited the house today...

Tv console is up... But the white painted doors is scratched... So rectification needed...

Looks super thick and big... My mega tv console

2FFA8400-CD34-436A-8E05-987AB70573AA_zps

was it suppose to be this thick?