Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Homeowner

Inner Flame Burners

I'm interested in RB-2CG because of it's small size and sleek look [ :dancingqueen: HDB's tiny kitchens]

Anyone has feedback about Rinnai's hobs and inner flame burners? Not much info on the website about the technology etc.

Is it really if you spill something then cannot clean properly? Can it fit small pots (like how those controlable 3 gas rings other brands can).

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
I'm interested in RB-2CG because of it's small size and sleek look [ :curse: HDB's tiny kitchens]

Anyone has feedback about Rinnai's hobs and inner flame burners? Not much info on the website about the technology etc.

Is it really if you spill something then cannot clean properly? Can it fit small pots (like how those controlable 3 gas rings other brands can).

I related my experience with the Rinnai RB-2CG on my blog.

The more we use the inner flame burner hob, the more we like it, unlike our experience with our previous hob. :yamseng:

Hi all

Is inner flame difficult to maintain such as spills difficult to clean? Jus bought a innerflame hob :( and read this thread.. pls advise..

i think inner flame burners is really fast in cooking and boiling water etc. The flame is very powerful and heavy compared to normal gas hobs. I bought the Fujioh FG793-SS with 1 inner flame burner and 2 normal burners. I think that's the best of both worlds.

Hi all

Is inner flame difficult to maintain such as spills difficult to clean? Jus bought a innerflame hob :( and read this thread.. pls advise..

Our comment is only for the Rinnai inner flame hob -- been using it for the last 4-5 months, and found it a cinch to clean spillovers.

Simply lift up the inner cup with yr two fingers and wipe away spills, etc.

DSC_7961.jpg

That is much easier and more convenient that with our previous hob with the normal outer flame burners. With the Rinnai model we don't need to remove the iron trivet to lift up the inner cup.

As for spills on the hob top, simply wipe off with a wet soapy cloth.

As for our experience, we've had burnt some meats while cooking (e.g. left unattended for a short while to pick up a call) coz we still were not used to the much faster and hotter cooking of the Rinnai.

You also need to learn how to turn on the gas (missing in the instruction). But overall, give us this hob with the inner flame anytime!! :yamseng:

Edited by BlueFly

Our comment is only for the Rinnai inner flame hob -- been using it for the last 4-5 months, and found it a cinch to clean spillovers.

Simply lift up the inner cup with yr two fingers and wipe away spills, etc.

DSC_7961.jpg

That is much easier and more convenient that with our previous hob with the normal outer flame burners. With the Rinnai model we don't need to remove the iron trivet to lift up the inner cup.

As for spills on the hob top, simply wipe off with a wet soapy cloth.

As for our experience, we've had burnt some meats while cooking (e.g. left unattended for a short while to pick up a call) coz we still were not used to the much faster and hotter cooking of the Rinnai.

You also need to learn how to turn on the gas (missing in the instruction). But overall, give us this hob with the inner flame anytime!! :yamseng:

hi there, refreshing this thread if you all dont mind.

current users for rinnai inner flame, you guys facing any rusting on the inside i.e after removing the cast iron trivet?

cause one salesperson keep saying maintainence for this would be a nightmare and rusting would be an issue.

hi there, refreshing this thread if you all dont mind.

current users for rinnai inner flame, you guys facing any rusting on the inside i.e after removing the cast iron trivet?

cause one salesperson keep saying maintainence for this would be a nightmare and rusting would be an issue.

No issue at all. Can lift up & calean easily. Strong make me switched to this.

- seem more efficient, concentrate "fire"

- One thing not so "class" is to install battery for ignition, underneath.

Edited by bepgof

No issue at all. Can lift up & calean easily. Strong make me switched to this.

- seem more efficient, concentrate "fire"

- One thing not so "class" is to install battery for ignition, underneath.

the strong flame is undisputed. even salesperson said must know how to control the fire. ha

so no rust issue in the inside at all huh.

if need to install batt for ignition, underneath.. meaning the hob cannot be sealed up with silicon tat sort?

the strong flame is undisputed. even salesperson said must know how to control the fire. ha

so no rust issue in the inside at all huh.

if need to install batt for ignition, underneath.. meaning the hob cannot be sealed up with silicon tat sort?

The is a cabinet beneath the hob, open the door, head goes in & look up, the battery compartment there. The hob is rested onto the "cutting", need not to "seal" anything. Underneath the hib, still got pipe.... Now use less this "gas hob".

Expect "electric hob" will replace "gas hob" in near future. Induction cooker can cook many thing also, including instant noodle. Some more, very portable, can shift here & there, of course don't drop/break while relocating.

Edited by bepgof

The is a cabinet beneath the hob, open the door, head goes in & look up, the battery compartment there. The hob is rested onto the "cutting", need not to "seal" anything. Underneath the hib, still got pipe.... Now use less this "gas hob".

Expect "electric hob" will replace "gas hob" in near future. Induction cooker can cook many thing also, including instant noodle. Some more, very portable, can shift here & there, of course don't drop/break while relocating.

ahh.. i get it. tks. but still, i was trying to ask.. you see any rusting taking place inside exposed metal ring i.e after lifting the trivet? yes? no?

yea, tot of induction jus that the power requirement for induction at hdb seems conflicting. so jus stick to gas still. plus, gas is cheaper than electricity.

btw, another question for the inner flame... when u place a wok or a pot on the ring to cook right, is the distance comfortable between yr hand and the hot pan or wok? i.e wont get burn or scalded easily

Actually, I don't understand why it can rust when it almost never touch with water.

The amount of oxidization with the air won't make the rivet to rust so fast.

And again, even it rusts, what would be the impact?

ahh.. i get it. tks. but still, i was trying to ask.. you see any rusting taking place inside exposed metal ring i.e after lifting the trivet? yes? no?

yea, tot of induction jus that the power requirement for induction at hdb seems conflicting. so jus stick to gas still. plus, gas is cheaper than electricity.

btw, another question for the inner flame... when u place a wok or a pot on the ring to cook right, is the distance comfortable between yr hand and the hot pan or wok? i.e wont get burn or scalded easily

So far so good. All metal deteriorate with high temp & over time, so when it comes, just change that metal.

Edited by bepgof