Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Wayan

Renovation Of Bare Minimum :) 4Rm Flat

#Aplaceofourown

First time posting my t-blog. Sharing my story of my first house.

So here is my 4room floor plan. Mine is a resale flat of 92 square m.

gallery_62781_531_45775.jpg

This is what I intend to do.
- 2 wardrobe, one for master bedroom and one for bedroom 3
- redo the two toilet
- redo the cupboard in the kitchen

- Brick wall in the living room

After much searching for a ID, I finally settle down with one. So my renovating journey begins!

I started right after the chinese 8th month (3sept?) and the ID said that he can give me ard the 17Oct. Fingers crossed! =)

Edited by Wayan

• Like 2

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

As this is a resale flat, let me show u some photos of the condition before. This is a 7 year old flat.

gallery_62781_531_16246.jpg

This is the kitchen. It has an odd shape and it's pretty small.

The other side of the kitchen.

gallery_62781_7_28255.jpg

The old cabinet and floor tiles will go.

After much consideration, we kept the kitchen wall tiles. We will cement screed over the existing the wall tiles and paint it grey.

I would need more storage as this is a pretty small kitchen. So top and bottom cabinet needs to fix up. The position of the sink and stove remains the same. The washing machine base will be kept but fridge base will go. For the cabinet, the ID also gave us 4 bloom drawers.

Things to buy for kitchen:

- Hood and hob

- Sink

- Tap

I could have saved the current cabinet in the kitchen. But after consideration of changing the stove and sink, the cabinet have to go. In addition, I will be hacking the floor. They might damage the cabinet also. So the off the cabinet went!

gallery_62781_8_162079.jpg

This is the building of the cabinet.

Semi end product!

gallery_62781_8_92513.jpg

I felt the hood and the stove distance a little too close though. Hope ID can do sth although it seems like nothing much can be done alr. =(

Edited by Wayan

Let's talk about the toilet now.

I am very particular about the toilet. So everything must go. Personal hygiene matters.

This is a pic of the old toilet

gallery_62781_9_9957.jpg

The floor cmi especially the shower area. Both master bedroom and common toilet are the same conditions.

So our hunt for the toilet tiles and toiletries begin. It burnt out quite a few of our weekends. We realised that there are too many things that we didnt know on the first trip. Example, dimension of the toilet bowl outlet, how big can our sink be, etc. So please check with your ID before shopping for these items!

As my current house have water tap leakage before, we decide to opt for the Grohe set which has the shower set, mixer tap and basin tap.

We went to Sim Siang Choon first to check out the price. It's really quite pricey. A basin can up to a few hundreds! Accessories were not cheap as well. We then went to balestier road to check out. Its cheaper and we managed to find a one piece toilet bowl at a more reasonable price. We bought most of the items in the same shop hoping to get more discount. For the glass cabinet, we went to ikea to buy. Hubby fixed it and we saved at least a 100. Yeah!

Current masterbedroom toilet! I opt for the marble feel.

gallery_62781_9_111184.jpg

Common toilet we went for a more woody feeling.

gallery_62781_9_283086.jpg

See the two pipes sticking out at the top right hand corner? That is for the storage heater if you want. We thought for a while if we wanted a storage heater or instant heater. Because of the long lasting brand name of 707, we went ard looking for that. Turns out one instant heater for that model can be up to $288. So ex sia. Some more must buy two.

After consideration of the price and water pressure, we didnt buy 707 instant, we bought joven 25 litres storage heater.

Edited by Wayan

Now my living room.

This is before. It is of good condition. We will keep the lightings. The floor is nt bad too. =)

gallery_62781_8_122026.jpg

I love the feeling of the brick walls in cafes and wanted a Scandi feeling so I struggled internally but still went ahead with the brick wall! hehe.

Here's the end product! A photo that my ID took. I think it's totally worth my money. The box on top will be painted black.

gallery_62781_8_40963.jpg

We will not be mounting the tv on the wall, we have yet to buy the tv console. My hubby wanted a 55" tv. After looking ard, we settled for one that is without 3D but it is smart. We gt LG that comes with a sound bar.

We chanced upon a grey sofa that has a automatic recliner. Full leather. It was quite a good catch for a 2.5 seater, just nice for our living room. No pics cos it has nt been delivered. =) I love my living room.

We also decided to install Mitsubishi aircon only at 2 bedrooms. For living room, the converter has to be bigger and the price in the jump is 800. Since we will not be using the aircon in the living room so often, (prob only when there is guest), we bought a ceiling fan instead.

Wanted a black matt fan but the only brand that carries that is Crestar. and is about $80 more ex? So we settled for a white fan. Budget a bit.

gallery_62781_8_94414.jpg

Edited by Wayan

Now to the bedroom. We didnt do much just building a buildin wardrobe.

As you can see from the floor plan, in the master bedroom, there is a aircon ledge and window to the ledge. The master bedroom thus have very limit choice for the wardrobe. We decided to put the wardrobe where the aircon ledge is which will cover the window (refer to pic below). In order to have a functioning window, my ID will build the door of the wardrobe of the same size as the window and thus the door will be quite big (Bigger space for me!). The back of the wardrobe will be a cupboard that can be taken down after unfastening all the screws (to access the aircon)

gallery_62781_531_771275.jpg

We love the design! The ID threw in free interior laminate as it was left over from another proj. YAY! The one without door is my hubby side. hehe. The whole wardrobe is about 10 ft.

There was a minor prob, as the door was too big, (about 80cm) it hit the fan. It was solved easily by shifting the fan. Our ID was very fast to resolve this matter. =)

We also wanted another wardrobe at the children's room. This wardrobe will just nice take the space of the dented in area in the floor plan in bedroom3.

gallery_62781_531_66730.jpg

Edited by Wayan

Welcome to rt~~ the kitchen cabinets look like in good condition :)

Hi DaddyWinter!

Yes. they are not bad for resale. But after consideration of changing the stove and sink, the cabinet have to go. In addition, I will be hacking the floor. They might damage the cabinet also. In the end, we opt for a new one.

Thanks for your comment! =)

Let's talk about the toilet now.

I am very particular about the toilet. So everything must go. Personal hygiene matters.

This is a pic of the old toilet

gallery_62781_9_9957.jpg

The floor cmi especially the shower area. Both master bedroom and common toilet are the same conditions.

So our hunt for the toilet tiles and toiletries begin. It burnt out quite a few of our weekends. We realised that there are too many things that we didnt know on the first trip. Example, dimension of the toilet bowl outlet, how big can our sink be, etc. So please check with your ID before shopping for these items!

As my current house have water tap leakage before, we decide to opt for the Grohe set which has the shower set, mixer tap and basin tap.

We went to Sim Siang Choon first to check out the price. It's really quite pricey. A basin can up to a few hundreds! Accessories were not cheap as well. We then went to balestier road to check out. Its cheaper and we managed to find a one piece toilet bowl at a more reasonable price. We bought most of the items in the same shop hoping to get more discount. For the glass cabinet, we went to ikea to buy. Hubby fixed it and we saved at least a 100. Yeah!

Current masterbedroom toilet! I opt for the marble feel.

gallery_62781_9_111184.jpg

Common toilet we went for a more woody feeling.

gallery_62781_9_283086.jpg

See the two pipes sticking out at the top right hand corner? That is for the storage heater if you want. We thought for a while if we wanted a storage heater or instant heater. Because of the long lasting brand name of 707, we went ard looking for that. Turns out one instant heater for that model can be up to $288. So ex sia. Some more must buy two.

After consideration of the price and water pressure, we didnt buy 707 instant, we bought joven 25 litres storage heater.

The toilet looks really nice!

how much is your joven 25l? what's the model ah?

Hi vanleoleo, my id said that he can get it for me at 235 which is cheaper than outside. So I asked him to help us buy. Haha.

Anyone know how to resize my photos? It keep saying I ran out of space. So I can't upload much. :(

"We chanced upon a grey sofa that has a automatic recliner. Full leather. It was quite a good catch for a 2.5 seater, just nice for our living room. No pics cos it has nt been delivered. =) I love my living room."

Hi

Where did you purchase the sofa set and the price? Width is it less than 2.5 meter?

Thks

"We chanced upon a grey sofa that has a automatic recliner. Full leather. It was quite a good catch for a 2.5 seater, just nice for our living room. No pics cos it has nt been delivered. =) I love my living room."

Hi

Where did you purchase the sofa set and the price? Width is it less than 2.5 meter?

Thks

Hello! I bought it at X'clusive home at toh guan there. It is around 2 metres. We got it at $1450. Will post a picture when I receive it in early nov. We wanted it to come around that time ensuring that all reno was complete.

Pictures for wardrobe for master bedroom and bedroom up!

ID says it might be possible to get our house one week in advance of the schedule he propose! =)))

Yay! Went to harvey Norman sale at expo and finally bought the last two essential items for our kitchen- a samsung inverter fridge 322litres, and a LG direct drive inverter 8kg washing machine!

Super happy cos I'm finally done with the big items!