Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Homeowner

Concrete Sink Support

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I prefer sink and stove and chopping concrete...more lasting compare to wooden cabinet.

Thought not much a design...but it is lasting...you wont scare whole cabinet collapsed!

I prefer sink and stove and chopping concrete...more lasting compare to wooden cabinet.

Thought not much a design...but it is lasting...you wont scare whole cabinet collapsed!

True i also have concrete sink support for my new house, as i feel that concrete are more lasting than wood.

Just my 2 cents.

we bought a resale that had a concrete and stove support. but the tiles were so fugly, and ID said you might as well build a new one instead of retiling so we did. adjusted the layout just slightly. got it mainly because at my parents hse, they don't hv one and even those their kitchen cabinets are relatively new, there's been so many leaks and warping problems.

i believe it's the choice of tiles that determine if you can do chopping or not. initially was going to use the floor tiles to do up the sink support but i wasnt able to visualise the look so stayed safe and used the wall tiles. tiler did not recommend i do chopping on that surface but i'm not much of a 'chopper' anyways :P

i am also facing with the prob of concrete support for my basin. Currently embarking on a kitchen makeover and changing location of the sink, so the existing almost 20years old concrete support for sink will have to be hacked.

to make a new one, i going thru my cooking and preparation habit. i always cut tomatoe or veg on my concrete sink support, i even cut cooked salted egg. it is made of tiles (floor tiles). it does not stain (regardless of red from tomatoe or yellow from egg yolk) and i can safely spray water over to clean it with soap too.

for nicer look, i observe my frens and siblings all used solid top with carpentry cabinet below. look nice neh...

sigh...thinking how to make a nice looking concrete support..

hi, i am thinking of having the concrete for sink and stove support as I do not want to waste my granite top at my kitchen cabinet. but how does it cost to construct the concrete support..if it is not much difference from using the cabinet and granite top ..might as well make everything uniform..

anyone with experience with this can share what the pricing is like..