Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
On 10/26/2016 at 4:04 PM, Melvin Kin said:

oh isnt it just hawkers... oh well valley has a row of shops too..  hmmm.. a bit of walk to buy food for me then hahah.. doesnt matter. @_@ least your 2 rm is 2 big windows haha.. mine only 1 side.. 

There will be a supermarket and shops too at Level 1 of the multi-storey carpark. A plus point for me since I like to cook :)

With two big windows, I now have to decide between curtains and/or blinds. A good problem, I suppose. Hehehe :D

8 hours ago, Liza Hassan said:

There will be a supermarket and shops too at Level 1 of the multi-storey carpark. A plus point for me since I like to cook :)

With two big windows, I now have to decide between curtains and/or blinds. A good problem, I suppose. Hehehe :D

share some food :P im not a good cook lol.. maggi can la .. lol.. join the fb group but i join under valley anyway.. there a senja height group in fb as well.  yea loh 2 big window haha.. im prb gonna go with binds type korea style mabbe. dnot like th e fust of removing curtains everytime lol.. anything heavy as well since mine kinda open to sun... 

1 hour ago, simoncjy said:

Hello All. Simon here for Anchorvale Field 2 roomers. Wonder if any renovation ideas here for 2 room flats?

Welcome Simon!

If you refer to post 1 and throughout the thread, you can see 3 reno completed 2-room units (2 BTO + 1 resale).

Or feel free to throw in your ideas here and see any comments to your idea from the readers of this thread. :)

• Like 1

Hi everyone. I'm new here. Just wanna share my not-so-good experience with everyone so you guys can know about it.

My aunt had recently got her new 2 room BTO (from May 16 SBF scheme) at Teck Whye and had engaged  Elegance Concept. Their customer services is good but their workmanship not up to standard. My aunt only need to do her kitchen + painting + electrical wiring and was quoted about $9k for it which seems quite reasonable and they had promised to complete the project within 1 month. Their first ID screwed up the project and was replaced by another ID on the first week of work. The 2nd ID was better but still lacks in his time management. Overall they completed the project after 1 month (35 days) and their workmanship for kitchen cabinets were terrible. Surface were not even and alignment not straight for some drawers. Overall experience with them is quite disappointed. Anyone encounter similar experience with them?

Hi McSpicy, sorry to hear your aunt's unhappy experience.

That is why it is important that 1) someone you know has good review, or 2) good online reviews from customers 3) u feel sincerity and good working ethics with the ID and 4) negotiate for progressive term payment.

my ID quoted 10% upon commencement of Awarded Jobs, 40% progressive payment, 45% upon measurement and fabrication of wood-joinery works, 5% upon completion (exclude additional or variation order).

I negotiated and ended with 10% upon commencement of Awarded Jobs, 35% progressive payment, 40% upon measurement and fabrication of wood-joinery works, 15% upon completion (exclude additional or variation order).

It may seems not much but if the reno amount is huge, say $30k, then the 15% is $4,500 which is quite a sum to hold the ID responsible to rectify whatever defects you spotted.

btw, $9k for just kitchen + painting + electrical wiring seems abit high to me, unless there are many drawers or special request.  I would think a reasonable range would be around $4k for kitchen cabinet, 1k for painting and 1k for electrical wiring is depends on how many points and changes you have . FYI, my electrical cost is $780 and I did quite many changes.

Hi mmoh,

Thanks for your breakdown on the progressive payment. The contract from the ID did stated the same terms but in the end, they pressured my aunt to make full payment before completion. I had advised my aunt against doing so but she still go ahead with the payment as she feels that if she did not make the full payment as required, her renovation might be compromised. In the end, that's what she got - bad workmanship, delay in completion and zero after sales service. I would strongly advice others to find a better and reliable ID so you won't face the same situation as my aunt. Trouble-free is what new flat owners wanted. Not something that add on to your headache. 

2 hours ago, McSpicy said:

Hi mmoh,

Thanks for your breakdown on the progressive payment. The contract from the ID did stated the same terms but in the end, they pressured my aunt to make full payment before completion. I had advised my aunt against doing so but she still go ahead with the payment as she feels that if she did not make the full payment as required, her renovation might be compromised. In the end, that's what she got - bad workmanship, delay in completion and zero after sales service. I would strongly advice others to find a better and reliable ID so you won't face the same situation as my aunt. Trouble-free is what new flat owners wanted. Not something that add on to your headache. 

ah... then no choice liao... of cos your aunt can go to case or small tribunal court but seems not very useful from others who have similar experience and time and money consuming.  Probably your aunt can pray the existing ID will rectify the defects or get another contractor to help. good luck to her.

4 hours ago, mmoh said:

ah... then no choice liao... of cos your aunt can go to case or small tribunal court but seems not very useful from others who have similar experience and time and money consuming.  Probably your aunt can pray the existing ID will rectify the defects or get another contractor to help. good luck to her.

Actually up till now still no news from the ID and he had not been picking up calls from my aunt. As for small tribunal court, yes it is really not very useful so can count that out. My aunt had decided if the ID still don't reply by this weekend, she will just take it as a lesson learnt. Just hope this experience will let others know more about it and they can make more useful decisions.

24 minutes ago, McSpicy said:

Actually up till now still no news from the ID and he had not been picking up calls from my aunt. As for small tribunal court, yes it is really not very useful so can count that out. My aunt had decided if the ID still don't reply by this weekend, she will just take it as a lesson learnt. Just hope this experience will let others know more about it and they can make more useful decisions.

feel sorry about your aunt but i like that he wants to move forward with this lesson learned and share this experience to us. thanks

14 hours ago, northblue said:

Thanks for posting mmoh! this site very helpful because peole like u who post.☺

Thanks for the compliment. :lol:

I started this thread because I cannot find other 2 rooms user sharing experiences and I hope whoever reading benefited from this... after 78 pages... lol!

I also get to know a bunch of 2 roomers whom we share ideas, suggestions and news about anything and everything :D it has been about 1 year since we first met up and we continue to meet up regularly now. This is the best reward! :good: