Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Oh my, that is a huge discrepancy. So odd! How do you make sense of it?

I don't know - iQuartz isn't my favorite (their Bianco Ariston is marble-like, but still very quartzy haha!), and I won't take them unless they slash the price by half ($220 to $110pfr). It is my least favorite out of all the designs.

The solid top is my favorite out of all the designs, and I'm happy with the test, but everyone keeps harping on how bad it will look. I don't know, with the ECs/DBSSes and even premium condos using solid top, I was thinking it wouldn't be that bad? I just looked through all the T-Blogs with solid tops and no one is super duper unhappy with it it seems. I also bought a specialized solid top cleaner from Selffix! Haha. :) I am staying at an EC now and use solid top - I won't say it's the easiest to maintain, just needs a clean every time I cook. If not, it's still clean-able just more troublesome. It is more work, not gonna deny that!

For Lian Hin, I'm gonna give it one last go and go down to their showroom tomorrow to see the slabs in action. And then confirm the prices with them. If it's closer to $130pfr, then we might reconsider if we are okay with the designs in big slab form. Haha. But if it's $180pfr, I'm gonna give up on Quartz.

Silestone and Caesarstone is way out of budget, and I'm paying a lot of mark up for the import fees I suppose, so I don't want to waste $3-4k on countertops for a tiny kitchen, you get what I mean? Sounds silly even.

That said, if I do have extra budget and Quartz is still out, I might do up the entire backsplash in the marble solid top (like in my sample picture). Since the $90pfr is such a wallet-friendly price. :)

Does that make more sense? Thanks for helping me bounce ideas and figure out what I need and want!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

51ttK-pHu1L._SL1000_.jpg

Found this at Selffix, supposed to clean and give a protective coating to resist stains and keep it cleaner for longer. It's affordable (a little more than my usual natural, cruelty-free kitchen cleaners) and I only need a bit of it at a time. So I suppose this could be the answer. And it has relatively good reviews on Amazon. So I suppose the answer has already been made for me, unless Lian Hin gives me hope tomorrow! :) I keep thinking if the solid top was the "easiest" option, is God pointing me to it. Hahaha! Because all the other parts of my reno have been smooth, and the parts that haven't been is where I was insistent and stubborn (IKEA kitchen alert).

Edited by bykaraanne

Sis Kara end the of the day, its the place you call home and you should do whatever you like :) all of us can only share our choices but its not important. What important is you and your hubby likes it and its something your heart truly goes toward.

For me, so far i like all the things i choose for my home and the reason is simple cause its my home.

Sis Kara end the of the day, its the place you call home and you should do whatever you like :) all of us can only share our choices but its not important. What important is you and your hubby likes it and its something your heart truly goes toward.

For me, so far i like all the things i choose for my home and the reason is simple cause its my home.

Haha, I understand. I started out feeling this way... But when people give me opinions on a lot of things, I get swayed!

Like, I am thankful that my lights turned out well. Haha. Didn't take any opinion for the paints and it turned out a bit not what I expected. Made me a bit scared for my countertop now!

I was so set on my solid top earlier this week. :)

I'm also having second thoughts about my rainshower set and shower sets and sinks. HAHAHA! Feel like going "safe" and buying a smaller rainshower set for the Guest BR and then a rainshower set for the Master BR too. Jialat manz. I already sold my bidet sprays on Carousell and bought new Rubine ones. :bleah:

RUBINE_BIDET_SPRAY_RSP-FLUSSO-18_28WHITE

I'm too easily swayed even though I have the general idea in my mind so clearly. That's why I say, I need the reno to be over!! :curse:

Edited by bykaraanne

Hai.. now i also sian... i just msg my id asking if he ordered the countertop liao haha. Because you ask me... i go their website saw another one nice than the one i choose (photo online). Heng he havent order yet cause need to take some measurement. tml morning going his shop to see got the sample for the other one. Lol....

To be frank, this renovation is really stressful de, no matter how good an id or contractor, i still think that i should have control over it, that is why i visit the site every day without fail. Anything i dont like or want to change, i can just feedback to my id Mr L and he will advise me or help me to change it.

Maybe i too paranoid.. ultimately its my first own house.

Edited by Ahyong81

I don't know - iQuartz isn't my favorite (their Bianco Ariston is marble-like, but still very quartzy haha!), and I won't take them unless they slash the price by half ($220 to $110pfr). It is my least favorite out of all the designs.

The solid top is my favorite out of all the designs, and I'm happy with the test, but everyone keeps harping on how bad it will look. I don't know, with the ECs/DBSSes and even premium condos using solid top, I was thinking it wouldn't be that bad? I just looked through all the T-Blogs with solid tops and no one is super duper unhappy with it it seems. I also bought a specialized solid top cleaner from Selffix! Haha. :) I am staying at an EC now and use solid top - I won't say it's the easiest to maintain, just needs a clean every time I cook. If not, it's still clean-able just more troublesome. It is more work, not gonna deny that!

For Lian Hin, I'm gonna give it one last go and go down to their showroom tomorrow to see the slabs in action. And then confirm the prices with them. If it's closer to $130pfr, then we might reconsider if we are okay with the designs in big slab form. Haha. But if it's $180pfr, I'm gonna give up on Quartz.

Silestone and Caesarstone is way out of budget, and I'm paying a lot of mark up for the import fees I suppose, so I don't want to waste $3-4k on countertops for a tiny kitchen, you get what I mean? Sounds silly even.

That said, if I do have extra budget and Quartz is still out, I might do up the entire backsplash in the marble solid top (like in my sample picture). Since the $90pfr is such a wallet-friendly price. :)

Does that make more sense? Thanks for helping me bounce ideas and figure out what I need and want!

Happy to bounce around with you! So if I got it right, you're saying that solid top is your favourite look and it also happens to be the cheapest plus you've worked with it before and know what it needs, but, quartz is superior (because?) so if a good price can be procured tomorrow, you'll get that? Did I sum it up right?

Happy to bounce around with you! So if I got it right, you're saying that solid top is your favourite look and it also happens to be the cheapest plus you've worked with it before and know what it needs, but, quartz is superior (because?) so if a good price can be procured tomorrow, you'll get that? Did I sum it up right?

Yes!

Apparent Quartz is more stain and scratch resistant as it's less porous :)

Hai.. now i also sian... i just msg my id asking if he ordered the countertop liao haha. Because you ask me... i go their website saw another one nice than the one i choose (photo online). Heng he havent order yet cause need to take some measurement. tml morning going his shop to see got the sample for the other one. Lol....

To be frank, this renovation is really stressful de, no matter how good an id or contractor, i still think that i should have control over it, that is why i visit the site every day without fail. Anything i dont like or want to change, i can just feedback to my id Mr L and he will advise me or help me to change it.

Maybe i too paranoid.. ultimately its my first own house.

Haha, totally understand you.

I already go down less often... My contractor handle a lot for me so I'm okay. Haha. :P

Yours will be good la :)

Hopefully I come to my senses re my rainshower and shower sets. Also so tempted by Toto and Grohe sinks LOL.

Just sold a bunch of stuff on Carousell and packed my first box of stuff for moving! Hahaha!

Yes!

Apparent Quartz is more stain and scratch resistant as it's less porous :)

Ah. So it comes down to tomorrow's price. If it works, you'll go for it. If it doesn't, you'll stick to the 90$ one whose material you're already familiar with And consider a marbled backsplash since you have extra moolah to splash around! 对不对? :)

Ah. So it comes down to tomorrow's price. If it works, you'll go for it. If it doesn't, you'll stick to the 90$ one whose material you're already familiar with And consider a marbled backsplash since you have extra moolah to splash around! 对不对? :)

Yes! Though have u seen the Quartz swatches? They aren't the most natural marble lookalikes. What do u think about them?

But if the prices are too close I cannot justify getting one with more maintenance! That's why if the price is too good I'll go for Quartz.

Yes! Though have u seen the Quartz swatches? They aren't the most natural marble lookalikes. What do u think about them?

But if the prices are too close I cannot justify getting one with more maintenance! That's why if the price is too good I'll go for Quartz.

Swatches are not good representations! Hubs and I went to showroom for our own countertop. I reckon you'll get a better idea tomorrow when you see the slab, feel it, and compare both prices.

You'll def be better placed to make a decision tomorrow than atm! So have a good night's sleep soon and a yummy cuppa teh tomorrow, and you'll be all set! Okay la remember to pray also haha. Update us k! <3

I love those white marble-like counter tops too!!! Absolutely gorgeous! I think I watch too much HGtv. LOL. I asked my ID does iquartz have something like the marble... sadly no... So tempted to change to marble~~~ But when i think of the price + high maintenance of it... better don't try. ><

How many weeks are you into your reno? Hope it will be over for you soon! :) Can't wait to see the complete photos!

Swatches are not good representations! Hubs and I went to showroom for our own countertop. I reckon you'll get a better idea tomorrow when you see the slab, feel it, and compare both prices.

You'll def be better placed to make a decision tomorrow than atm! So have a good night's sleep soon and a yummy cuppa teh tomorrow, and you'll be all set! Okay la remember to pray also haha. Update us k! <3

Now the mister is sick. Sigh. Hopefully it passes and we'll still be able to head out soon. If not, then we'll have to wait! haha. Life. It happens, right?

I love those white marble-like counter tops too!!! Absolutely gorgeous! I think I watch too much HGtv. LOL. I asked my ID does iquartz have something like the marble... sadly no... So tempted to change to marble~~~ But when i think of the price + high maintenance of it... better don't try. ><

How many weeks are you into your reno? Hope it will be over for you soon! :) Can't wait to see the complete photos!

Bianco Ariston from iQuartz has some resemblance to marble. Real marble on its own is a no-no when I spoke to the guys at a granite and marble factory. He said it's impossible, though there are angmohs who still use it.

Eh, not too sure, quite some time. I started in mid-Sept. That said, there's now about 2-3 weeks where there's no work done, but it's entirely my fault due to the custom carpentry.

It should finish in early- to mid-November... Hopefully!

Now the mister is sick. Sigh. Hopefully it passes and we'll still be able to head out soon. If not, then we'll have to wait! haha. Life. It happens, right?

Bianco Ariston from iQuartz has some resemblance to marble. Real marble on its own is a no-no when I spoke to the guys at a granite and marble factory. He said it's impossible, though there are angmohs who still use it.

Eh, not too sure, quite some time. I started in mid-Sept. That said, there's now about 2-3 weeks where there's no work done, but it's entirely my fault due to the custom carpentry.

It should finish in early- to mid-November... Hopefully!

Think my ID sent Bianco Ariston to me when i asked for marble too! But still far from the real ones... ><" HGtv kind of portrays that all the angmohs seems to go with granite & marble. I suppose it's cheaper for them because the mountains/stones are nearer to them? haha.

Wow mid November! Just nice can slowly pack & move in... and have your very 1st Christmas party @ your own crib! :dancingqueen:

My place also use solid top. Most condo use solid top because it's cheaper than other materials. Go with what u think u want to use, it's your house anyway. Don't get sway by others. Just becareful. Even printed plastic bags like those NTUC Ones can stain the top. It happened to me.... Need to scrub quite hard to remove 90% of the stain. I went to buy the scotch brite blue/white one to remove them. Thanks for the magic counter top cleaner.... I'll probably go and get it.