Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

End of Week 3

Today, we went back to Gain City @ Marina Sqaure to purchase our Samsung Fridge & frontload Washer. The boss of this outlet gave us the best prices we could find. It's even lower than what GAB quoted. :sport-smiley-018:

Samsung Fridge (Made in Korea)

gallery_70201_894_13162.jpg

gallery_70201_894_11712.jpg

Samsung Frontload Washer

gallery_70201_894_17672.jpeg

The past 3 weeks, reno progress seems a bit slow. Is it normal for demo & wet-work stage? Our reno schedule is target to complete by mid-December (a total of 10 weeks). Can't wait for carpentry stage to start! :D

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I wish i can be there more often... but don't have so much annual leaves leh. You're self-employed uh?

For aircon fixing, equipment delivery & installation, we will arrange to be there. During carpentry stage, we will try to go down daily to check the progress.

Nah, am an employEE. Just that work allows me to be more flexible.

Big installation must be there, else once up, nitemare to change again.

For carpentry, actually nothing much to see until 90% complete.

That is the time to check for scratches, dents, missing holes, peeling lamintes etc.

Also to look out that space cater for fridge is sufficient.

Ya we came back before they do the patching... see so many ugly holes drilled everywhere for the piping :wacko: Yes so glad it's sorted! Phew~~~

Mine worse... They did not expect to drill into my electrical wires in my MBR in an attempt to conceal the trunking as prettily as possible for me... But lucky we were there so we could monitor them fixing it. Haha!

My gas heater also had to be shifted so extra so many holes in my SY...

But overall I think was alright. Once everything patched and painted will look good as new...

The past 3 weeks, reno progress seems a bit slow. Is it normal for demo & wet-work stage? Our reno schedule is target to complete by mid-December (a total of 10 weeks). Can't wait for carpentry stage to start! :D

Carpentry always comes in last.

After flooring, painting, electrical, false ceiling, piping (water & aircon) etc

However the discussion and planning should start as early as 8 weeks before handover date.

The first week to discuss layout, design, laminate color. Also take some time down to site and do some simple measuring.

Some horizontal beams and piping are not shown on floor plan, so on site is a must.

Just to share my opinion on 3D drawings.

Why I dont like 3D drawings. Mainly they dont reflect things I want and time wasting.

Often I see 3D drawings adding unnecessary features which I dont have or will not have.
Commonly seen is the vase of flowers on the WC, pebbles under the toilet vanity, paintings, stools/chairs you will never buy and the list goes on.
Sometimes, if one look hard enough, the 3D drawing's view is from an almost impossible angle. ie looking in "into" house.
Or the viewer must be standing in the walls to have such a view.
I have heard many cases that starting of work had been delayed due to waiting for 3D, amending of 3D.
Had a friend who insisted on 3D drawing to the dot and 2 months after signing the contract, still pending final 3D drawings.
Needless to say, the kopi sessions we had, circled around his bitching of the whole saga.
So for me, a clean simple 3D is sufficed. I just need a good look at the layout, the shape and design.
The same set of carpentry with different laminate will offer different look and feel, however the shape and size will remain the same.
Likewise for washrooms. A WC is a WC, most are oval, or a little oblong but never trapezium or octagon.
Some has shower screens and vanity top and mirror, so in general all things are the same with not much of a variation.
Nonetheless, there are folks who prefer to have a better idea of the general look, feeling more comfy to know what is coming.
By all means please do so and request for 3D drawings. Different folks, different strokes. :lol:

Carpentry always comes in last.

After flooring, painting, electrical, false ceiling, piping (water & aircon) etc

However the discussion and planning should start as early as 8 weeks before handover date.

The first week to discuss layout, design, laminate color. Also take some time down to site and do some simple measuring.

Some horizontal beams and piping are not shown on floor plan, so on site is a must.

Just to share my opinion on 3D drawings.

Why I dont like 3D drawings. Mainly they dont reflect things I want and time wasting.

Often I see 3D drawings adding unnecessary features which I dont have or will not have.
Commonly seen is the vase of flowers on the WC, pebbles under the toilet vanity, paintings, stools/chairs you will never buy and the list goes on.
Sometimes, if one look hard enough, the 3D drawing's view is from an almost impossible angle. ie looking in "into" house.
Or the viewer must be standing in the walls to have such a view.
I have heard many cases that starting of work had been delayed due to waiting for 3D, amending of 3D.
Had a friend who insisted on 3D drawing to the dot and 2 months after signing the contract, still pending final 3D drawings.
Needless to say, the kopi sessions we had, circled around his bitching of the whole saga.
So for me, a clean simple 3D is sufficed. I just need a good look at the layout, the shape and design.
The same set of carpentry with different laminate will offer different look and feel, however the shape and size will remain the same.
Likewise for washrooms. A WC is a WC, most are oval, or a little oblong but never trapezium or octagon.
Some has shower screens and vanity top and mirror, so in general all things are the same with not much of a variation.
Nonetheless, there are folks who prefer to have a better idea of the general look, feeling more comfy to know what is coming.
By all means please do so and request for 3D drawings. Different folks, different strokes. :lol:

Hahaha i get what you meant on the 3Ds. Before we got our keys, I would like to have the 3Ds perfected as close to the actual as possible. This allows us to have a better visual idea that we didn't choose the wrong laminates/tiles to match the feel we wanted. Unfortunately, I'm not those that can visualize how different materials can come together & how they will look like on the actual product lol. The 3D we received actually helped us to re-choose my MBR bathroom wall tiles.

But ever since we got the keys, 3Ds are no longer in my priority. More or less settle on all the materials choice. Now just left with carpentry layout drawings. :)

I do realized some ID companies have very good in-house designers that gave superrrrr nice 3Ds... or rather they only post their 3Ds online to showcase their work. I wonder how the actual homes turn out.

Mine worse... They did not expect to drill into my electrical wires in my MBR in an attempt to conceal the trunking as prettily as possible for me... But lucky we were there so we could monitor them fixing it. Haha!

My gas heater also had to be shifted so extra so many holes in my SY...

But overall I think was alright. Once everything patched and painted will look good as new...

Very heart pain to see many holes on wall tiles right? ><" So sometimes i feel if i am not there to see it, and they patch it before i go down... it will be better HAHAHA. Such ignorance is bliss? :P

I got my aircon at GC at Marina Square as well, I have to say the store manager his service is good.

How many kg your washing machine can load?

I got my aircon at GC at Marina Square as well, I have to say the store manager his service is good.

How many kg your washing machine can load?

Yea the store manager there is good! :good:

Mine is 8Kg. Samsung WW80H5400.

Question about Photos upload

Are we only allow 1 album under our own Gallery? I have uploaded 50pics into the album & it doesn't allow me to add photos anymore. Can we choose other albums from other categories such us "Bedrooms", "Kitchens" and upload there? Are those album for everybody to upload into? :dunno:

Testing testing using Photobucket...

(deleted)

Testing using other album in gallery...

gallery_70201_10_4611.jpg

Since already post this photo as a test... this is the storage water heater we bought (Joven 35L).

Edited by yakult

Use photobucket easier :)

Can teach me how to do it? I tried copy+paste the link from photobucket to here... all Direct, HTML & IMG doesn't work... :help:

I tried uploading into other albums in the gallery and it works. lol.

Edited by yakult

Can teach me how to do it? I tried copy+paste the link from photobucket to here... all Direct, HTML & IMG doesn't work... :help:

IMG should work...

after the photo is uploaded , copy the direct link

Screen%20Shot%202015-10-26%20at%202.37.3

for you to link the photo to the forum

click on the icon I highlighted in the photo and paste the link that you copied, your photo should be able to link it here.

Screen%20Shot%202015-10-26%20at%202.35.4

Hope this help.

Edited by nextstep