Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Timeless Cozy Corner: Pre-Renovation

Front of our living room. This will be where our shoe cabinet & TV feature wall will be...

gallery_70201_894_9774.jpeg

Left: Our sofa area | Right (at the back): Our dining area

gallery_70201_894_7826.jpeg

DIning area / Kitchen Entrance

gallery_70201_894_41658.jpeg

We will be hacking a small part of the wall at the kitchen entrance to create a Wet & Dry kitchen concept.

MBR Walk-in-Wardrobe area

gallery_70201_894_18998.jpeg

MBR Bathroom shower area

gallery_70201_894_25455.jpeg

We will be having a frameless tempered glass installed here.

Common Bathroom shower area

gallery_70201_894_55818.jpeg

We decided not to put in glass panel for common bathroom for ease of using (e.g. fill water pail for mopping...)

Edited by yakult

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Wah... so envy you. Your hse is so fast. Mine was a May 2012 BTO and PCD is 2Q 2016. Some of the residents from my BTO getting their keys end of the yr.. but mine still remain as Q2 2016 :curse: . No chance of having my home ready for my wedding.

Anyway my 5 room layout looks exactly like yours!!! Diff is the size of each room..some of urs is bigger..some is mine.

Do you have any pics of the empty house? .... So that I can imagine how my hse will look like in the future ;) . *waiting and waiting for HDB* :~

Took some pics of my empty house today! :)

Took some pics of my empty house today! :)

Yay!! I saw!! Thanks! see already also excited! LOL. :sport-smiley-004:

Can see you have many ideas similar to what i have in mind!!!

U also opt out of HDB tiles.. Me too.. Is the additional cost of screed expensive? I think HDB should just have the policy take effect from the date of purchase mah..haiz.

U hacking the wall between the dining and kitchen? I also thinking of doing so to allow light to go in. But I wld put a glass panel.

Realise the width living room not very big hor..mine is 5750 by 5675.. so will be shorter than urs.

Are you hacking one of the rooms? Or just building a Lshaped wardrobe in MBR? I was afraid of squeezy...

Edited by djnt

Yay!! I saw!! Thanks! see already also excited! LOL. :sport-smiley-004:

Can see you have many ideas similar to what i have in mind!!!

U also opt out of HDB tiles.. Me too.. Is the additional cost of screed expensive? I think HDB should just have the policy take effect from the date of purchase mah..haiz.

U hacking the wall between the dining and kitchen? I also thinking of doing so to allow light to go in. But I wld put a glass panel.

Realise the width living room not very big hor..mine is 5750 by 5675.. so will be shorter than urs.

Are you hacking one of the rooms? Or just building a Lshaped wardrobe in MBR? I was afraid of squeezy...

I think the additional cost of screed depends on which ID/contractor you engaged. For mine, if i get my current ID to screed the 3 bedrooms, it will be additional $1k...which i find it's acceptable. The other ID which we had terminated charged us a whooping S$4k just for screeding 3 bedrooms (exclude tiles)! :~ Reason he gave: prepacked cement more expensive & difficult to lay...hence labor cost increase. As much as I do understand this is something HDB required and there is no way ID firms can ignore...i think $4k is a bit too much. So be careful of the prices quoted to you for screeding if you are still looking for IDs... to make sure you don't get "tok".

Yup we're hacking a small part of the kitchen wall (2ft) to expand the area for Dry Kitchen. We will be putting glass panels too! It will be the separation between Dry & Wet Kitchen :)

Nope not hacking 1 of the rooms. Was back & forth on this because i want a WIW... but also scared it will be very squeezy if i put it inside MBR. But i want the other 2 rooms to be kept empty for Study & Guest room later (my family stay in the west...so would be loved to have them stayover once in awhile). See the measuring tape? I asked my ID to tape the exact dimension on the floor for me to see / step into...so i can determine is the space okay - both at sleeping area & inside WIW. For mine, it seems good! Won't have huge space at sleeping area but still enough to put 2 bedside tables. :good:

I think the additional cost of screed depends on which ID/contractor you engaged. For mine, if i get my current ID to screed the 3 bedrooms, it will be additional $1k...which i find it's acceptable. The other ID which we had terminated charged us a whooping S$4k just for screeding 3 bedrooms (exclude tiles)! :~ Reason he gave: prepacked cement more expensive & difficult to lay...hence labor cost increase. As much as I do understand this is something HDB required and there is no way ID firms can ignore...i think $4k is a bit too much. So be careful of the prices quoted to you for screeding if you are still looking for IDs... to make sure you don't get "tok".

Yup we're hacking a small part of the kitchen wall (2ft) to expand the area for Dry Kitchen. We will be putting glass panels too! It will be the separation between Dry & Wet Kitchen :)

Nope not hacking 1 of the rooms. Was back & forth on this because i want a WIW... but also scared it will be very squeezy if i put it inside MBR. But i want the other 2 rooms to be kept empty for Study & Guest room later (my family stay in the west...so would be loved to have them stayover once in awhile). See the measuring tape? I asked my ID to tape the exact dimension on the floor for me to see / step into...so i can determine is the space okay - both at sleeping area & inside WIW. For mine, it seems good! Won't have huge space at sleeping area but still enough to put 2 bedside tables. :good:

babe! mine also just enough space to put bedside table though thinking of whether to buy the BRIMNES bed with the storage headboard to save space not! haha! I should get my ID to tape like your one too so that can gauge the space needed... Cool idea... I think I saw somewhere on youtube that this is a good way to determine your furniture max size too..

Only need screed for bedrooms? Living room no need?? Wah 4k and 1k difference is really too much. (If you don't mind, can pm me your contract cost breakdown? was thinking mine is going be same size as yours, it will be a good guide so i don't kena "tok")

Very smart and really a good idea to tape the dimension! I will get my future ID to do so next time. But i don't think i have enough space for a WIW cos i was considering of squeezing a King size bed in.. so one of the things got to sacrifice! LOL... so i am gg to have to sacrifice----> my HTB's share of wardrobe space :notti: (instead of giving him 2 door worth of space i give him 1? :bleah: )

Oh ya i saw this on one of the blog i read and i thought it would be good idea for the kitchen counter top or bathroom sink cabinet- anti drip edge. Cos the cabinets always got wet at my parents' hse if we happen to spill water and not wipe it fast enough. At least i think less likely to get the cabinets wet.

http://www.thefabricatornetwork.com/Portals/0/HowTo-TOTT/IMG_1651%20[640x480].JPG

Edited by djnt

Only need screed for bedrooms? Living room no need?? Wah 4k and 1k difference is really too much. (If you don't mind, can pm me your contract cost breakdown? was thinking mine is going be same size as yours, it will be a good guide so i don't kena "tok")

Very smart and really a good idea to tape the dimension! I will get my future ID to do so next time. But i don't think i have enough space for a WIW cos i was considering of squeezing a King size bed in.. so one of the things got to sacrifice! LOL... so i am gg to have to sacrifice----> my HTB's share of wardrobe space :notti: (instead of giving him 2 door worth of space i give him 1? :bleah: )

or you could do like mine on both sides then sacrifice the bedside tables for the king bed... Haha!

babe! mine also just enough space to put bedside table though thinking of whether to buy the BRIMNES bed with the storage headboard to save space not! haha! I should get my ID to tape like your one too so that can gauge the space needed... Cool idea... I think I saw somewhere on youtube that this is a good way to determine your furniture max size too..

Hello! Actually you can get storage headboard from other mattress shops too... not limited to ikea. Mine have storage below my mattress ;) Ya I also saw someone did the tape thingy & thought it was a brilliant idea! :D

Oh ya i saw this on one of the blog i read and i thought it would be good idea for the kitchen counter top or bathroom sink cabinet- anti drip edge. Cos the cabinets always got wet at my parents' hse if we happen to spill water and not wipe it fast enough. At least i think less likely to get the cabinets wet.

http://www.thefabricatornetwork.com/Portals/0/HowTo-TOTT/IMG_1651%20[640x480].JPG

HAHAHA i think our hubby have no choice but to give us more space? As my WIW is not very big...i foresee I will occupy 2/3 of the space :P Last time we also thought of getting a king size bed. But after taking a look at the home gallery at TPY HDB hub...we gave up the idea and went for queen size instead... cos really quite tight ><

My MBR bathroom basin have something like the anti-drip edge! Actually I didn't know it's for anti-drip...i thought it was just part of the design hahaha. I think doing it for kitchen will be very ex uh? Since have to custom-made...

Oh my living room is using homogeneous tiles so no need to screed. PM-ed you! :)

HAHAHA i think our hubby have no choice but to give us more space? As my WIW is not very big...i foresee I will occupy 2/3 of the space :P Last time we also thought of getting a king size bed. But after taking a look at the home gallery at TPY HDB hub...we gave up the idea and went for queen size instead... cos really quite tight ><

My MBR bathroom basin have something like the anti-drip edge! Actually I didn't know it's for anti-drip...i thought it was just part of the design hahaha. I think doing it for kitchen will be very ex uh? Since have to custom-made...

Oh my living room is using homogeneous tiles so no need to screed. PM-ed you! :)

Thanks a lot! Homogeneous tiles no need to screed?

No need for homogenous tiles. Only vinyl tiles need to screed. :)

That is only if you are overlaying with vinyl or other flooring type beside tiles. If you are hacking away the original tiles or flooring type, you need to screed before you can place the new homogenous tiles.

Your house is a new bto, so if you have orginally opt in for hdb screeding, you can just lay your tiles. :)

Edited by Ahyong81

That is only if you are overlaying with vinyl or other flooring type beside tiles. If you are hacking away the original tiles or flooring type, you need to screed before you can place the new homogenous tiles.

Your house is a new bto, so if you have orginally opt in for hdb screeding, you can just lay your tiles. :)

I opt out of tiles and doors. How to tell if that means opt out of hdb screeding or not? :dunno:

U still need screeding for tiles. I just laid mine.

HDB only screeds free for you after appeal for vinyl and laminate flooring. They do not screed for tiles for free.

You can still choose to have them screed it and have your contractor make the screed rougher then place your tiles... But that is not technically "legal". I know of people who have done it though.

We have paid for our floors to be screeded then tiles by my contractor...