Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

I also stayed there the whole time but I think most people don't? Cus it's a looooong time.

Just make sure you're there to let them know how you wanna run it and before they leave so u can check on works! :)

• Like 1

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I also stayed there the whole time but I think most people don't? Cus it's a looooong time.

Just make sure you're there to let them know how you wanna run it and before they leave so u can check on works! :)

actually most people does. lol unwillingly.. cause a lot of people is already staying there and they install new or replace aircon.. so must stay there and watch loh. hahaha

I did not go twice a day. I was referring I go after work if i am working day shift and before work if i am working night shift. I am working on shift works :)

Btw your id/contractor dont need to be there the whole day, they just need to be around to tell the aircon guys where to run the piping and trunking so that they can plan their works/design.

I stay there to make sure that the trunking is properly run based on my id/contractor instruction to the aircon guys :) My id Mr L got other project on hand, so cant expect him to stay throughout the whole day haha.

Ya that's what i was thinking too... if my ID stay the whole day, he no need to meet other clients le. hahaha. But he will be there to meet the aircon guys with us :)

Ya when they told me it's a one day job from 10.30am to probably 4/5pm, i was shocked! Didn't know it's sooooooo longgg. I thought a few hours only. Grew up living with parents seems like the aircon just "magically" appeared someday hahaha.

My ID will be there with us in the morning to let them know how we want to run it, then he probably will leave for the day. I think my hubby & i will sneak out in between to go IKEA for lunch & walk around :notti: then go back to check before they leave.

actually most people does. lol unwillingly.. cause a lot of people is already staying there and they install new or replace aircon.. so must stay there and watch loh. hahaha

No la they don't... Most of my friends also don't...

Tiler uncle told me that most people just come for before and after. Mine also took close to 7 hours... It was madness.

But we stayed anyway cus hubby was very cautious zzz

Tiler uncle told me that most people just come for before and after. Mine also took close to 7 hours... It was madness.

The most people i refering was those family already staying there. Haha. Not bto or resale flat.

If the house got valuable. I dont think any owner will allow people at their house without supervision.

Edited by Ahyong81

You guys really very on lor, I am not even in town when the day they run the pipe.

I just let my ID to help.

So now see/hear what you guys did, I only can keep my finger cross liao.

The most people i refering was those family already staying there. Haha. Not bto or resale flat.

If the house got valuable. I dont think any owner will allow people at their house without supervision.

OH MY GOSH. You guys were so right! Really had to be there to check either throughout the process or go back before they are done. See my update about what happened today lol.

Aircon Piping Installation

This morning, we met the GC aircon guys together with our ID at 10+am. When we were discussing on how the pipings should go, there were really a lot of crucial decisions to make on the spot. Once we confirmed the piping routing, the GC guys said we can come back later around 4-5pm when they are almost done. If they finish early, they will give us a call to come back and sign the D/O. So we went off to IKEA for lunch and shopping while our ID went off for the rest of his appointments.

When we returned around 5pm, all the routings were done. They were plastering all the holes (which made me felt a bit heartache to see so many holes in our new walls... am i the only one who feels this? lol) and everything seems great. THEN before they were about to leave, the GC guy told us to inform our ID to leave a gap (45" x 16") at our living room false ceiling to allow for the aircon to fit in. We were like :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

Then i recalled reading from some t-blogs about this issue... there is really not much of a choice eh? So we were like "huhhh... hmmm... okay lor... :dunno: " then the GC guy helped us to write the dimension on the ceiling for our ID to see. After they left, I showed le husband some pictures what the GC guy meant by leaving that gap in the false ceiling for the aircon. But then something struck me :idea: : we can put our aircon on the other side that is w/o false ceiling! because we are only doing false ceiling for half of the living room! Then we won't need to have a hole in our false ceiling! :bangwall:

By then, it was about 10mins since the aircon guys left. We faster locked the door and hope to find them downstairs or at the carpark (which we saw there were 3-4 GC vans there in the morning)... hoping they can help to re-route it for us. Everything really happened so fast & furious... ><" If they are gone (very likely), we have to ask them to come back again to change the routing...which i think will have extra charge? BUT we were super blessed! We found them almost done loading their stuff into their van at our block's driveway! So we told them the situation and asked is it possible to help us change the piping route for living room (super paiseh to trouble them) and they kindly agreed! Awesome service! :good:

This is what i meant...

This is what it looked like originally. The aircon unit is to be located on the beam, hence need to leave a (huge) gap on the false ceiling:

gallery_70201_894_25043.jpeg

We asked them to shift it to the left, where the piping will come out from bedroom3. That half of the area is w/o false ceiling. It will be located above our sofa:

gallery_70201_894_19193.jpeg

So now we have 2 holes on the wall...hahaha... Our ID will get his worker to mend the hole under the beam, and the aircon guys will complete the piping when they come back next time to fix up the aircon units. Really thankful that they are willing to help us made the change despite the inconvenience... now I can sleep in peace :D

Edited by yakult

That is why its kinda important to stay there for the whole process to make sure that you can make any changes to it when you deem fit. Cause its our house and ideas will stuck anything while they are installing the trunking or piping.

During the aircon trunking installation, the aircon guy run the trunking in my study room at the wrong height because I have a sliding glass door and needed space to run the glass door track. if they install the trunking too low, my glass door track wont be able to install.

One more thing is that since I am boxing up most of the aircon trunking, I stayed around to make sure that all the height and position of their trunking was run according to my ID instructions given to them early in the morning.

So far for me, The renovation is kinda draggy.. because every day I visit the house.. when a idea struck me.. I will consult my ID and ask him if it could be done in that manner, he will give me suggestion and most of the time, he will tell me that its actually a better way to do it based on my idea, but he will improvise it better for me. haha :)

Supervision is much needed for the reno. Fine details and certain decision is better for owner to make and be on site to visualise.

I was there abt 80% of the time during the 6 months and almost like a full day event for me.

Certain work like HERF overlaying, it is better for owner to do the cleaning, removing all debris big and small to ensure a smooth overlay.

The HERF installers will just simply sweep part by part on the place they are laying onto. Might have a miss spot here and there.

Also due to time constraints, they might work late into the evening, even when there is little lighting around, adding chances of missing a small debri.

This could result a bump or lump where rectification means tearing up the affected area, starting from nearest wall.

Holes bo bian one

I also heart pain but nvm

At least u got your situation sorted!!!

Ya we came back before they do the patching... see so many ugly holes drilled everywhere for the piping :wacko: Yes so glad it's sorted! Phew~~~

So far for me, The renovation is kinda draggy.. because every day I visit the house.. when a idea struck me.. I will consult my ID and ask him if it could be done in that manner, he will give me suggestion and most of the time, he will tell me that its actually a better way to do it based on my idea, but he will improvise it better for me. haha :)

Not bad... you can have new ideas when you visit the house everyday. Now my place is in wet-works stage... all i can see is mess mess mess + why is this & that not done yet? hahaha. Trying not to freak out and tell myself it's part of the reno process...everything will turn out okay. LOL. But my husband is the calm & cool one... he can see beyond the mess and into the finished product.

So with all the new ideas that struck u along the way, does it cause any delay to your reno?

Supervision is much needed for the reno. Fine details and certain decision is better for owner to make and be on site to visualise.

I was there abt 80% of the time during the 6 months and almost like a full day event for me.

Certain work like HERF overlaying, it is better for owner to do the cleaning, removing all debris big and small to ensure a smooth overlay.

The HERF installers will just simply sweep part by part on the place they are laying onto. Might have a miss spot here and there.

Also due to time constraints, they might work late into the evening, even when there is little lighting around, adding chances of missing a small debri.

This could result a bump or lump where rectification means tearing up the affected area, starting from nearest wall.

I wish i can be there more often... but don't have so much annual leaves leh. You're self-employed uh?

For aircon fixing, equipment delivery & installation, we will arrange to be there. During carpentry stage, we will try to go down daily to check the progress.