Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Relacker

Nowadays Renovation Really Is For Rich Ppl Only

simple toilet reno cost 25k.

whole house 5rm hdb reno without hacking 65-70k

with hacking 70-100k...

if anything below these pricing...u can expect substandard work....really eat grass

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I think it is because people have very high expectations of their home ..if not actually it can be done at a much lower price

simple toilet reno cost 25k.

whole house 5rm hdb reno without hacking 65-70k

with hacking 70-100k...

if anything below these pricing...u can expect substandard work....really eat grass

25k just for a simple toilet reno? Price doesn't sound simple though. Using designer tiles and quality bathroom materials is it? Or gold taps... :P

I spent about 35k including furnitures and furnishings for my 5 rm resale flat with floor area 125sqm, excluding the kitchen cabinet and two bathrooms and I don't think it's substandard work from the reaction I get from the visitors when they stepped into the flat. I didn't engage an ID and didn't do much carpentry work except for the chalkboard countertop and the mid height 8ft wide wardrobe,did quite a bit of hacking, redo all the electrical wiring, installed a 4-split aircon units and changed all the windows with the balcony,living room and one of the bedroom's windows fixed with double glazed glass panels.

Don't rush into getting everything ready if you are tight with your budget and regret your choices later. The dream sofa or Tv console or bed frame or dining set or sound system can wait. And you don't always need brick wall for a Scandinavian themed nest, many of the Swedish homes I visited in Sweden don't have bricks as feature wall :)

23288835455_929942f11c_c.jpg

Edited by sarah833

I disagree, I think renovation you can by yourself also, however you want it. It does not mean change the whole look. Plus I think there is a lot of local ID that would charge quite cheap.

A renovation projuct is quite expensive nowadays and I made it myself. I've finishded my bathoom remodeling. I replace the bathtub with a wlk-in shower with glass door so that I can hang a shower shelf. Also, I removed the rusted toilet paper holder and install a new one. The new toilet paper holder looks quite good. Very simple remodel but gives my bathroom a new look.

KS025H (1) - 副本.jpg

123L-5-600x600.jpg