Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
looprevil

Homecoming

A shock call from contractor. His team could could not locate the fibre terminal outside my place. All this while, I thought that it's by default that every household will have a point outside their doorway. I was so wrong.

Because The previous owner opt out of the program, I had to contact open net for advice, I would say their service is kind of let down. Priorities will be given to to telco instead of home owners although we pay the same amount. Sucks right?

You may ask, why install now and not later on. The terminal will be install at the far end of the In build TV console. If I don't run it now, there will be no way they can pull the cable through the console. The down side is that I will have two service providers till one that runs out in August.

M1 - cheapest around, but waiting time to run the terminal is only available on 15 January.

Starhub - needs 5working days for the sales team to get a confirm installation date. I don't know if system lousy or no communication between dept. just brush me off as keep saying sales will call back.

MR - online sign up was a breeze. Just key in your particular and the earliest installation date will appear. Either 31 dec or 4 January. Now I'm waiting for the confirmations of installation after signing up with them.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

The fibre termination point (TP) is located inside your house, not outside. If OpenNet (actually the entity is now called NetLink Trust) is not ready to lay the fibre to your TP, but you need to commence your renovation works, your contractor can lay a concealed string or wire from outside your house to your desired TP location. When the NetLink Trust contractor comes to do the fibre installation, he will just use the string or wire to pull the fibre into your house. Read here.

The fibre termination point (TP) is located inside your house, not outside. If OpenNet (actually the entity is now called NetLink Trust) is not ready to lay the fibre to your TP, but you need to commence your renovation works, your contractor can lay a concealed string or wire from outside your house to your desired TP location. When the NetLink Trust contractor comes to do the fibre installation, he will just use the string or wire to pull the fibre into your house. Read here.

That is a very detail write up. Thanks

A tip for new or existing home owners waiting to change or buy brand new mattresses. Join the FB of the particular brand you are looking out for. They will have annually clearance sale of discontinue model or display set. I think it is pretty worth it when I saw the retail price compare to what I got.

CF509CC3-7D9E-4A55-898A-83C1B5352665.jpg

Kudos to the plastering team. They worked throughout the last 4days include Christmas and Sunday just so that another team of guys can come in to start on the cornices and box up.

08930850-B97D-46CB-BD5D-A4CE31A8E0B6.jpg

1C59A0BC-E8C1-42FD-A9E0-4687082B9525.jpg

Simon commented that my ideas are so old fashion. but I think cornices look nice, it added a touch to the whole house.I always have a liking for houses with cornices. Maybe that's just me

BC7EFBB7-3B8B-498F-A6E2-2FD950538915.jpg

Piping had been done for both toilet. Basin and the rest of the items will be install at the end of Reno to avoid any damage & disputes.

D4E41DC2-0427-42D7-ABDF-DA5AF89C2BCA.jpg

The two horizontal pipes connecting to mixer is not level, will ask plumber to rectified.

I like cornices too! Well, I like the current ones that we have in our flat but we will have to rip them out as we are doing re-wiring. Not sure whether we would get new ones or just plaster over after.

I like cornices too! Well, I like the current ones that we have in our flat but we will have to rip them out as we are doing re-wiring. Not sure whether we would get new ones or just plaster over after.

I have taken a whole room of cornices down,and that includes the main doorway area and around the dinning just for the rewiring. since i have a liking for them, i will be installing new ones as it does not cost too much.

good progress looprevil, the mattress is really a good deal.

I think I will have to wait for another 5 years before I should change the one I am currently sleep on.

Btw mind to share which FB group?

good progress looprevil, the mattress is really a good deal.

I think I will have to wait for another 5 years before I should change the one I am currently sleep on.

Btw mind to share which FB group?[/quote

Sealy Singapore. They will have two clearance per year, last one was held in sept or oct. the coming one should be in the next few months.

This hand craved art piece come in four loose pieces. I had cut out a backing board with nail and screw to firmly secure it together. I will give it a new fresh paint when I can find some free time.

53F170E6-5E34-465B-971E-AAF4C5783D9B.jpg

1CB78E5C-D06C-46C9-8B28-F198BA0CE1D5.jpg

Edited by looprevil

I thought a few cans of spray paint can do the work. I was so wrong. No matter what brand I tried, the paint just would not stick to the wood. I have no choice but to paint manually. After 12 hours of constant bending,I feel my back is gonna break. End result, priceless.

6E0880FE-6577-4E3A-AC6B-615A2F83D1B9.jpg