Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
OfficialCC

Will You Accept / Reject This Defect Rectification?

Hi guys, new to these forums and need some opinions here ...

When doing my defect checks, I noticed that 1 of my bedroom windows was wet on the inside at the rubber seal area, and submitted it as a defect, along with some other rubber seal problems at my service yard.

The BSC office called me to say that all rectifications were done, and when I checked the same window, it was dry, but at the same time I noticed something else ... an unusual shape of the metal part of the window:

jwbEJpF.jpg

I4JYV1R.jpg

Yes it was dented in, and in all possibility this was the cause of the leakage during the recent heavy rain we've been having.

I submitted this to the BSC office as a new defect, and at the end of last week they called to say that it has been rectified. So I went down to my unit and this is how it looks now:

99MUEbL.jpg

The metal has been knocked out rather than replaced, and looks to me like they sprayed silver paint over the area to cover up discolouration from the damage. Only problem is, it's not smooth, you can still feel 2 "humps" and the indentation in the middle when you run your finger across the stretch of metal.

If you are me, will you accept this as "Rectified"? Or will you reject it? More importantly, can you request that they replace this with a new window?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi OfficialCC,

Have you contacted them and ask what will be the potential consequence if you reject this? Or rather would it be better if you provide them with a solution that you already have in mind?

Anyway, do you mind sharing the defect reporting procedures as I'm also collecting my keys soon :lol:

Hi guys, new to these forums and need some opinions here ...

When doing my defect checks, I noticed that 1 of my bedroom windows was wet on the inside at the rubber seal area, and submitted it as a defect, along with some other rubber seal problems at my service yard.

The BSC office called me to say that all rectifications were done, and when I checked the same window, it was dry, but at the same time I noticed something else ... an unusual shape of the metal part of the window:

jwbEJpF.jpg

I4JYV1R.jpg

Yes it was dented in, and in all possibility this was the cause of the leakage during the recent heavy rain we've been having.

I submitted this to the BSC office as a new defect, and at the end of last week they called to say that it has been rectified. So I went down to my unit and this is how it looks now:

99MUEbL.jpg

The metal has been knocked out rather than replaced, and looks to me like they sprayed silver paint over the area to cover up discolouration from the damage. Only problem is, it's not smooth, you can still feel 2 "humps" and the indentation in the middle when you run your finger across the stretch of metal.

If you are me, will you accept this as "Rectified"? Or will you reject it? More importantly, can you request that they replace this with a new window?

No...cannot not be accepted, must reject. You have to go back BSC office to ask them to change a new window for you. Remember to rectify and make sure all the defects are done before your reno is start

Edited by Darren07

Identify your rights, responsibilities in this case. Exert your right, demand for the right thing to be done effectively and efficiently.

(You have right to get defects to be done, and you followed proper stipulated procedures......but result turned up to be failure and disappointment again and again)

Obviously the party concerned has failed to discharge their responsibility in the way it ought to be.

Get a quote from your contractor, inflate the sum if you wish to.

Serve office with written notice with dates/pictures/travelling expenses/evidence/quote, etc....for their omissions repeatedly.

Demand for serious attention and efforts to be paid immediately.

Give office a date for defect to be done, otherwise you get your contractor to do it and back charge to the office.

Concurrently do this to his top and the public media to act pressure....

Remember this unwritten rule - he who s'peaks louder' get it fast and first.

Not 'barking'.

Hit at the root, not the branches nor leaves.

Any more?

cannot be accepted la. even if they repair and didn't replace also not acceptable, can already see the uneven-ness from the picture, how can accept!

Record down everything, ask the BSC officer if its HDB regulation to rectify it that way.

If the officer not helping, email HDB.

If HDB not helping, email the minister in charge

If still no, then email the PMO. If still like that... think no chance le.. but get it black and white from PMO to say that they allow it to happen.

Remember to keep a black and white from them, saying that if they did not change the window and if the window were to drop off, it not your responsibility but HDB since they gave a defective window. Unless they have a written evaluation from a professional saying the window is safe for use.

Edited by chkeongtan