Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
HiroX

Labbit And Piggy Humble House

And i wanted to buy Portable Air-Con for my living room..looks good..but sales person told me not recommended for living room...so sian but i can't put ceiling fan..and normal fan may not be that good..Another Big problem.... :bangwall: !!

Why not install the normal aircon in your living ??

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Thanks, HSH21...think you got my gist...I was wondering how you squeezed in a ceiling fan and a ceiling light unless they are combined in one item.

Seems like a lot of forumers opting for Mit Starmex...supposed to be quiet and easy to clean ('cos can open more parts). Starmex is supposed to be more energy saving than Panasonic. But, the new Panasonic is supposed to come with some new fangled ion system. Actually, the most energy saving non-inverter is the LG, but a lot of forumers appear to have problems with the brand, so I am still pondering about it.

Seems like a lot of forumers opting for Mit Starmex...supposed to be quiet and easy to clean ('cos can open more parts).

But hor... I still don't know how to clean the roller for the aircon... Yesterday was trying to clean it with the new brush I bought... but still not too clean... anyone can advice ??

Vacuum cleaner?? Actually, pretty clueless myself. Sorry.

Hirox, have you considered ready made curtains? They are much cheaper if you already have curtain tracks from the previous owner. I am thinking of getting ready made ones from either Spotlight or this Pasar Malam store holder (AMK shop). PM me if you are interested.

Then went by the this curtain shop,went in to ask for quotation and the actual cause was 2K for the whole house..unbelieveable..so EX.. :):thumbs up:

Need help in Curtains..anybody got any recommendation?? Thank you Thank you..

Hi HiroX

Actually, curtains pricing quite hard to compare becos of different fabrics. I have mine done for 1K+.

But mine is:

Living Room (full-length windows) - Full length curtains 2layers

Dining Room window - Roller blinds

2 bedroom windows - Roller blinds

MBR (but window is 2 panel only) - Roller blinds

Curtains can slowly search...after everything is done, look around ur flat & feel for urself wat colours go best to get the feel u wan...good luck & enjoy ur reno process :D I quite miss the renovation times :P

Then went by the this curtain shop,went in to ask for quotation and the actual cause was 2K for the whole house..unbelieveable..so EX.. :):thumbs up:

Need help in Curtains..anybody got any recommendation?? Thank you Thank you..

As said above, curtain pricing is determined by type, size and material.

I did the following for about 1.9k

Living Room: Full height, day & night, 4.0m

MBR: Full height, day & night, 2.2m

Bedroom 2: Full height, day & night, 2.5m

Bedroom 3: Full height, day & night, 3.0m

Access Balcony: Half height, Vertical blinds, 2.3m

Height of full curtains about 2.2m.

My suggestion for curtains, based on my own limited experience is:

1. If you are doing normal curtains (less so for roller blinds), wait until the house is completely painted, carpentry done and main furnitures are settled before doing your selection. You'll have a much better idea.

2. There is very little price transparency for cloth curtains owing to different materials. Ask around your friends for their experience and get their contacts if you are comfortable with their feedback.

3. You should decide if normal curtains or blinds would be better suited for your house. If you are staying high floor, unblocked view with no neighbours looking in, maybe a simple roller blind would be enough.

Why not install the normal aircon in your living ??

I was thinking to install it in my living room but due to my FSM advice i have to place it at the other end of my living room which looks much better but the trucking and my L-Box there..it is pretty hard..So i not going for an air-con..My idea was to have 2 tower fan left and right to make it cooling..hopefully it will work..will discuss more with my ID to find the best idea... :dancingqueen::thumbs up:

Thanks, HSH21...think you got my gist...I was wondering how you squeezed in a ceiling fan and a ceiling light unless they are combined in one item.

Seems like a lot of forumers opting for Mit Starmex...supposed to be quiet and easy to clean ('cos can open more parts). Starmex is supposed to be more energy saving than Panasonic. But, the new Panasonic is supposed to come with some new fangled ion system. Actually, the most energy saving non-inverter is the LG, but a lot of forumers appear to have problems with the brand, so I am still pondering about it.

Same Same here...But i heard from my ID LG is not as good as...was recommended by GC to look at panasonice and Hitachi.. :P:)

So still debating... :D:P

Hi HiroX

Actually, curtains pricing quite hard to compare becos of different fabrics. I have mine done for 1K+.

But mine is:

Living Room (full-length windows) - Full length curtains 2layers

Dining Room window - Roller blinds

2 bedroom windows - Roller blinds

MBR (but window is 2 panel only) - Roller blinds

Curtains can slowly search...after everything is done, look around ur flat & feel for urself wat colours go best to get the feel u wan...good luck & enjoy ur reno process :notti: I quite miss the renovation times :D

I think i will slowly source it out..maybe after my house is done...Mine is only 5th floor..so need to cover cover abit.. :notti::notti: Due to my FSM advice i have to find Jade Green..and it appear that Jade green is pretty nice.. :notti::notti:

As said above, curtain pricing is determined by type, size and material.

I did the following for about 1.9k

Living Room: Full height, day & night, 4.0m

MBR: Full height, day & night, 2.2m

Bedroom 2: Full height, day & night, 2.5m

Bedroom 3: Full height, day & night, 3.0m

Access Balcony: Half height, Vertical blinds, 2.3m

Height of full curtains about 2.2m.

My suggestion for curtains, based on my own limited experience is:

1. If you are doing normal curtains (less so for roller blinds), wait until the house is completely painted, carpentry done and main furnitures are settled before doing your selection. You'll have a much better idea.

2. There is very little price transparency for cloth curtains owing to different materials. Ask around your friends for their experience and get their contacts if you are comfortable with their feedback.

3. You should decide if normal curtains or blinds would be better suited for your house. If you are staying high floor, unblocked view with no neighbours looking in, maybe a simple roller blind would be enough.

Thanks for the advice..yours is pretty cheap..could you PM the place you done yours??

I think i will slowly source it out..maybe after my house is done...Mine is only 5th floor..so need to cover cover abit.. :bow::bow: Due to my FSM advice i have to find Jade Green..and it appear that Jade green is pretty nice.. :):bow:

Haha...once ur plc is fully furnished, u will noe wat colour u wan for ur curtains :lol: At 1st, i have no idea also..only when everything is done, i noe straight away i wan grey & white. U shld headache abt other furnishings 1st, hehe...but i understd, when renovation comes, very kan jiong one...

Hi Guyz and Girlz...Just to update something i discuss with my ID..While we were looking around my house to finalise the design for his drawing..he notice my system 2 aircon is still working fine..so he suddenly suggest me to put the 2 air-con for my living room instead of throwing it away..wao..in that way i only need to buy system 3 for my rooms and solve the Fan or Air problem for my living room..and with 2 Air-con..confirm will be cooling.. :jawdrop::jawdrop:

So i solve one issue..but i will try to resolve more and update my T-Blog.. :(:jawdrop:

Hi Guyz and Girlz...Just to update something i discuss with my ID..While we were looking around my house to finalise the design for his drawing..he notice my system 2 aircon is still working fine..so he suddenly suggest me to put the 2 air-con for my living room instead of throwing it away..wao..in that way i only need to buy system 3 for my rooms and solve the Fan or Air problem for my living room..and with 2 Air-con..confirm will be cooling.. :D:D

So i solve one issue..but i will try to resolve more and update my T-Blog.. :jawdrop::unsure:

Hi Hiro... can you put two compressors in the unit? I thought for some old unit have restriction due to power? U may want to check..All the best...

Hi Hiro... can you put two compressors in the unit? I thought for some old unit have restriction due to power? U may want to check..All the best...

Orh..mine is sembawang..ID say no problem..but will still check..hee hee..thanks for the advice.. :sport-smiley-004: !!

Orh..mine is sembawang..ID say no problem..but will still check..hee hee..thanks for the advice.. !! !!

As long as your unit's power capacity can support (can check at HDB website, newer flats are provided with more electrical power), just pay money to lay additional 15Amp socket for the 2nd compressor. I also have two compressors. :sport-smiley-004:

Hi all...

Its been sometime i have not update..Went to audio house yesterday to purchase our Fridge and washing Machine..Fridge is Mitsubishi MR- F51S($899) and washing machine is LG WFT65A31EC($329)..but anyway i have no idea which is good..Mitsubishi is a more well know brand so got it and LG was recommend by the guy so have to test it out.. :):)

Then in the afternoon i was shopping at Kakit bukit and paya lebar area for furniture and Kakit Bukit has some really nice furniture..spotted a cool coffee table and a wine display cabinat..but abit over the budget..think will drop by again once i buy the main furniture..Then Finally set my eyes on a goose feather sofa..actually saw it before but decide to bring my wife to view it again..Comfirm we are getting it...and they are giving a great price..$788.. and it looks great for our house..But i hate the store next door...i was looking at their coffee table and TV console...and i must admit they are giving a great price too...for both they are selling me 750...so i was telling them abit over budget and if $700 was ok...they say they cant give i say ok..then let me think about it..then she went to look for his bf or boss...and came back telling me the price is very low already..i admit..it is very low so i say let me think about it again..Then suddenly the boss commit saying 700..i still say i think about..and they flare up...saying that i quote 700 and they are ok i should not walk away..but hey..i need time to think right..i admit i was in the wrong to ask them for 700 and i say i think about it..but they shouldnt have lecture me right..My mind was thinking i m getting out of this store..but after i got off i was pissed off..i should have F them on the spot..HEY I M THE CUSTOMER AND I TOLD YOU I M THINKING ABOUT IT>:good:!:P! If they didnt do that i would have gone back to them...but no way ..i m not going back...anyway is along Paya lebar Road after NOVA...they have great price but service Sux...

I M so pissed off...sorry for the nagging.. ;);)

And today was a nice day...went Tiles selecting with Mr. K and suddenly has this veri excited feeling coming out..cant wait for the reno to start and it is starting this Wednesday...Whoooooo.......

:good::good::good::P

Edited by HiroX

Hi All...Reno has started on Wednesday and my wife and me drop by to take some pictures of the destruction and i was surprise that so much work was done...I m Impress..

My Front Door...

526670_3cfafdaf1176360846_m.jpg

The Floor Protection for my dinner area to my kitchen

526655_423973191176360747_m.jpg

Our gone Floor tiles for the kitchen

526688_e999a7721176361082_m.jpg

My Balcony

526698_838792b81176361187_m.jpg

My worker things..

526701_050fe70d1176361263_m.jpg

:):bleah:

Edited by HiroX