Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
panjangowner

Engaging A Contractor With No Hdb Licence

Recently came across a pretty new renovation firm (Jialux Interior) via Facebook advertisements and quote came back pretty attractive even with hacking works.

Went to do some research that HDB owners should engage a contractor with HDB licence else we face fines and other punishments. I did a check via HDB website and realised they are not a contractor registered with HDB.

Brought this issue up to the contact person in Jialux and he said no such need for the licence as the permit will be applied by their main firm (Milan Design - which I cannot find any reviews) and hacking works will be done by them.

Just wondering anyone encounter such issues before as I do know some IDs out there don't have HDB licence too and they sub-contract the works to other people as well.

Seems pretty risky although their pricing is attractive yeah?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

panjangowner, just how attractive is the pricing for this risk? If the difference is less than $5k I would rather pay for a registered contractor, some paperwork and fees shouldn't be difficult for the contractor if he takes pride in his projects and customers trust.

One of the criteria for P/L hdb contractor is a minimum of $30,000 paid up capital and I would be worried if his concern in getting registered is due to this clause.