Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
shaynetan87

Need help to select these IDs.

I used Lemon Concepts (their site is www.lemonconcepts.com). Very lucky with them, they are not famous but they do **** good work. Referred some of my friends there too and right now so far so good on the progress. 

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Whoever u choose , just dun choose Living Art Gallery. They show u packages wic they will find absurd reason to add costs.

Is nt really an issue of ids, they all operate to fleece as much as possible.

They are some fundamentals one need to know.

Most IDs get their fly-by-night illegal untrained workers from msia.These These illegal workers only take instruction from the IDs else they cant make a living.

And if u have a dispute with id, u will be in big trouble as ids will instruct the workers to sabotage the project eg. creating a loose wired connection (your lights will blow out in no time), choking drain or pipes with debris ,overloading current connection ( so tat u will get a short-circuit),demanding payment for debris clearance even though

there are not much debris to clear (pls take note as hdb/town council do not collect such fee anymore.

DO NOT SIGN any agreement drafted by them, u shld draft yr own n ask them to sign n dun forget to ask to see rheir id cert. & permit of the workers.

1. Ensure they abide by the completion date n state the penalties like deducting from the agreed price.

2. Any dispute arrising from mediocre works shld give the final word.

I am here to expose esp Msian ids . There has been countess of complaints agst them n radac is not doing anything so u have to protect yrself agst these rogues.

To add:

1. U dun have to provide them yr particulars as tis is just a private agreement n not a legal contarct instaed u shld ask them for

particulars/msia address/ ic of their workers in case anything goes.wrong.

Remember, these are just a bunch of msian crooks ekeing out a living here by shortchanging gullible sporeans.

Edited by Luck Ko Betsy

Hi ShayneTan87, have you decided on the IDs to select? Ive met up with Samuel from Design 4 Space and now they seem to have CaseTrust and RCMA. First impression looks good and pricing seems competitive as well. Now awaiting his official quotation before comparing with other quotes. Ive met Inspire, Ciseern and Trinity Idee so far.

Good Luck! 

On 4/29/2016 at 3:24 PM, VtrustReno said:

Sometimes the company big or small is not really a issue, the main thing is the designer talk to you is experience enough or not? He can understand what you want and propose to you the right thing you need? 

Interior designer and renovation contractors are different.  The designer will give the concept and some drawings to the owner.  And nowadays they team up with renovation contractors to deliver the project.  Some designers can draw very well but when it comes to constructing, it is a different matter altogether.  For example, existing pipes and floor traps are not taken into account in the design and often, the floor traps are hidden in the cabinetry and difficult to access.  When the owner moves in, it is nice and beautiful but over a period of time, if there are any chokage or leakages, then the cabinet becomes an obstruction.  So it is important that owners think about what they need and have the design work around the needs instead.  

2 hours ago, shaynetan87 said:

Hi Icequeen00,  i can understand how you feel. i almost signed up with them too after viewing their showroom and stuff. However, they are super pushy and beg me to sign with them. i dont quite like this type of pushy style and they told me that they are handling 100 unit a month and i am like "you sure you had that manpower to support? ". In the end i went for a contractor. But did they follow up to rectify the issue? one of my friend just signed up with them. so he asked me to help to ask around. 

They did rectify the issue finally, but it was only after my repeated chasing for 3 weeks+, really frustrating.

Hi all,

Just to update these few months of experience searching for IDs/Contractors.

After looking at so many IDs, still not able to meet my 35K budget, so i search for contractors instead since i do not actually needs an ID as i already had ideas of the design for my house and i dont wish to pay so much more for the 3D design.

For your info, the lowest IDs quote i have is about 42K and highest is 58K, guess that ID is just trying to rip me off.

But when i just approached 3(Aristo woodcraft, Ming Sing Construction and Ehrlich Builders) contractors, they all quoted me between 32K to 35K only for the same requirement as per IDs. In the end, i had chosen Ming Sing construction as my contractors for the following reason : Price is really reasonable, some stuff like floor protection, installation of normal hob and hoob, sink etc is FOC, and it is established in 1982, 34 years in contractor line. so should have some kind of standard. And they are like the traditional kind of doing business. down to earth. Best of all, no GST.

But please do not expect everything to be very competitive, some items(like window grills) are abit on the high side which i will engage other contractor to do it.

But the con is that what they will not provide you any design ideas, you will come up with your own design ideas and he will just help you to execute it.

On 4/29/2016 at 3:24 PM, VtrustReno said:

Sometimes the company big or small is not really a issue, the main thing is the designer talk to you is experience enough or not? He can understand what you want and propose to you the right thing you need? 

Thanks VtrustReno, So far out of so many IDs, only the ID from Design 4 Space is really good. Constant follow up, very attentive, and his quote is reasonable and he already done lots of mark up for me, like furniture layout, flooring and false ceiling etc. And the best thing, he is not a pushy type. Ask me slowly compare..haha.. and feeling from him is pretty good. Propose to me a lot of useful ideas and trying his best to meet my budget with everything in.

Hi all,

i am pretty new to this forum and i sign up due to getting my BTO flat in AMK coming in a few months time.

So, i had went to these IDs and provided some feedbacks but not sure the IDs are good or not.

My budget is around 30-35k for those stuff that i would like to do.

See if any one have ever come across any of the IDs firm, hope you can help to feedback.

1. Sky Creation

- First impression: Seems like a big ID firm, Many customer when we meet up our ID, under case trust and RCMA

- Our ID: Seems pretty young and new to the line but he won design award before(based on what he say). We had already meet up 2 times and what we discuss he always draw/write on our floor plan. but recently just receive his quote and is either many items missing or additional items is unwanted. Furthermore, the 2 times when we meet up he keep pushing me to sign up the package when i never even receive an official quotation!!! Abit piss off with this approach. For me, at least i need to see the price that i am going to pay for before i make decision. And he seems abit forgetful too. Going to meet the ID again for the 3rd time this Sunday.

- Quoted : around 38K (GST included)

2. Design 4 Space

- First impression : A small ID firm, not much people when we went there, no case trust, only RCMA.

- Our ID: Email him at first to get a quote base on my mark up floor plan and  not long he call to follow up to clarify my requirement. First initial quotation come very fast. This ID seems ok when meet up first time but i am pretty surprise that he done quite alot of work when we meet up - different plans for my flooring, layout, false ceiling and L-box etc. And he gave me a number of good suggestions for space planning. And he will listen attentively to you when you tell him what you want. So far,my impression towards him is good. Even after first meet up, he call to follow up with me on the changes that we made.but the cons is that they totally do not have any free upgrades unlike more of the IDs.  Now we are waiting for his second quotation and meeting up for the 2nd time on coming Sunday as well.

- Quoted : est around 33k (based on first initiate quote + Adder, GST Included)

3. Starry Homestead

- First impression : We are walk in customer and seems like nobody willing to serve us. Found a staff and ask if anyone available and randomly assign us to 1 guy.

- Our ID : First impression he look fierce. But as we go along, we are quite impress as he is the only ID who did a rough impression sketch for us and he got lots of wild and bold ideas which is pretty nice. Out of all the ID we seen, he is one that worthy of being interior designer. lol.. we even go to the extend of talking about fengshui and ba zi.... keep telling us when we add something or select a particular material must have a purpose so at least this is how you spend your money wisely on reno. having said that, quotation never come.. haha... expected as i seen some of their online reviews. maybe this id just (Xiao Kian)entertain for fun. Dont think we will continue with starry.

- Quoted: No quote.

4. Imagine Creative Design

- First impression : Wa, the showroom design look pose!! Case trusted...

- Our ID : Seems abit beng to me... feel we dont really can click. and when we discuss on our requirement and all these, he ask me to get it from outside as it is much cheaper. maybe out of 10 items, 5 i will need to get it from outside. i am just thinking what for i need to get an ID if i am to buy by myself. haix.. as it goes on, he keep emphasizing "don't worry, i will give you a good price and ensure good quality. at the end of the day i also depend on word of mouth to market my service ma." The more he say the more i worry on the price. Haha, as per what we predicted, he give us very good price. !!! highest of all the 5 IDs who provided quotation. And somemore quotation totally no dimension mentioned. E.g Design and fabricate Full ht casement wardrobe in master bedroom $3,150... Haix... quite disappointed.  First time meet up and first quotation like that, decided to drop this ID too.

- Quoted : Around 41k (GST included)

5. Diamon Tif

- First Impression: Not yet visited, coming Sunday will be the first meet up.

- Our ID: So far based on email, seems pretty fast respond and well follow up. received the first initial quotation base on similar design submitted to all the IDs and the quotation price seems quite decent. And there are alot of free upgrade in the premium package that i wanted in our house. Will update again after first meet up.

- Quoted : Around 33~34K (GST included)

6. Ken Home Design

- First Impression: Not yet visted, no intention

- Reason : Cannot find good reviews about them, many negative reviews.

- Quoted : Around 39K (GST included, many unwanted items)

And below are the other few IDs which we are thinking to try and need recommendations:

- Orangecube

- Darwin Interior

The above quotes are based on the same items (apple to apple) .

Hope you guys can share some of your experience if you come across any of the above IDs or Good IDs that you have come across.

Edited by shaynetan87