Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
hasibee

Poll On Backsplash

just asking huh, for someone who doesnt cook frequently hor..any idea which is easier to maintain?

was thinking of glass leh

i know some of you may say "since never cook, dun need to do liao" hohoho :rofl:

but i think still need to as it will looked nicer right? :jawdrop:

i think the black looks nice too but my kitchen cabinet will be having walnut colour..do you all think is nice?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
if i remember correctly, for glass backsplash we can have whichever color which we want since its paint sprayed.. u should ask your id to choose brown for your backsplash.:seeya:

was thinking brown also but scare my whole kitchen looked very brownish and dark with those walnut cabinets leh..ID will propose colour combination hor?

I use black backsplash for my kitchen and I still love it till now..easy to clean and sometimes can see myself while cooking...hahahahaha...

hahah black is a very sophisicated colour lor, ya man can see my style when cooking maggie mee..kekek :bangwall:

hi Fifigal, any update on your renovation? 680 for the glass backsplash.. how thick is it?

hi, sorry missed your question as i had turned off the alert for this thread ( now kitchen renovation done, am moving on to the LCD TV, sofa forum :rofl:) Based on the sample piece i had, its about 5mm thick.

Btw, for those of you thinking of choosing white, do take note that it will not be pure snow or milk -white. It has a greenish tinge which comes from the glass itself. And its exactly what i wanted so i was happy :D

I'm glad i chose glass over SS backing because i found that my SS hob already has scratch marks from usage. so if i had chosen SS backing, i may hv obvious scratch marks too. The only trouble with cleaning a glass backing is same as glass window - if i do a sloppy job , i can end up with water marks lor.

babytan - perhaps you can browse some kitchen decor books from the library to get some colour ideas. I personally prefer light sunny feel kitchen so i would not choose black if I already hv dark cabinets, but its up to individual tastes. Have fun!

babytan - perhaps you can browse some kitchen decor books from the library to get some colour ideas. I personally prefer light sunny feel kitchen so i would not choose black if I already hv dark cabinets, but its up to individual tastes. Have fun!

thanks for your advice, think i will not choose SS either, quite difficult to maintain..

was thinking of creamy white now !!

Yes babytan, i think lighter colours would look better. Maybe you should look around your house to see the basic colour themes and see if u want to use it in your kitchen too for the glass backsplash. just a suggestion...

Yes babytan, i think lighter colours would look better. Maybe you should look around your house to see the basic colour themes and see if u want to use it in your kitchen too for the glass backsplash. just a suggestion...

thanks for your suggestion :rolleyes:

hmm wall colour will be cream white but wall tiles still thinking leh, light colour also difficult to maintain wor..

so i think creamy white will looked good :D

hi.. newbie on reno here.

I'm getting confused on tiles and backsplashes. Hope someone can help me.

Backsplash is placed on the length of the kitchen above the countertop right?

Do you still have to have tiles on the other areas, like walls and inside the cabinets? Or if I choose a glass backsplash, I don't need tiles anymore for the rest of the kitchen walls?