Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

18 hours ago, trcd said:

Are you having any partition between the kitchen and the living area (can see that there is a short wall on the left)?

Hope it goes well!

Yeah.... The hubs wanna have like a countertop =)

The left side part is to cover the fridge.

The wall can also act as a separation to place our dining table which I was telling you about. It will be infront of the wall =)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Went over to our place last night to check on the placing of aircon and also to open door for some ezbuy delivery.

There really is nothing much to show for now. Tiling works been progressing really slowly.

The progress of now is:

✔️Rewiring

✔️Kitchen & toilet screeding

✔️aircon installation

It was really dark since the lights are not up yet & preg brain me forgot to take photos of the aircon and taobao stuff for the hubs to see.

The only thing that im glad seeing tonight are the tiles which we have selected for our mbr toilet laid out on the ground.

We really love how it looks and can visualise how its gonna look on our wall already.

image.jpeg

On 17 June 2016 at 6:25 PM, Honeylee said:

Yeah.... The hubs wanna have like a countertop =)

The left side part is to cover the fridge.

The wall can also act as a separation to place our dining table which I was telling you about. It will be infront of the wall =)

I see. Will there be a sliding door on the right?

Have you gotten your lightings yet? :) 

6 hours ago, trcd said:

I see. Will there be a sliding door on the right?

Have you gotten your lightings yet? :) 

We were working on a full sliding door initially without the wall. However due to budget we decided to go for "open" concept instead.

Yeah been waiting for the lightings in batches and they just arrived like finally.

U are more interested in the dining ones right?

Waiting is a tiring game.

Hope that the tiling works are completed this Wednesday as E mentioned it takes a week. We are kinda behind schedule already:(.

Sharing some of our taobao purchases.

We are using ezbuy to purchase taobao stuff & would say it is definitely not worth it if you are not a prime member. You don't actually save much cus the shipping(by weight) can turn out scary(in our case).

Furthermore you have to pray that the items are intact and functional.

So far for these items we have shipped, one is missing(white cotton bud holder). Contacted ezbuy weeks ago but yet to get a response from them :/

These are my personal views on the items based on their price & quality & whether they are worth buying even.

image.jpeg

1)Floor mat for bathrooms (mai hiam buay pai)

Quality 3/5

2)Cafe style floor mat for kitchen (mai hiam buay pai)

Quality 3/5

3)wooden bread tray (bo hua)

Quality 2.5/5

4)cotton bud holder (mia)

5)tissue holder (wu hua)

Quality 4.5/5

image.jpeg

These items are yet to be unboxed and will be reviewed later.

1)Door knob

2)Led ceiling lights

3)track for track lights

4)track lights

5)filament bulb

Went to our place and was happy to see that tiling works are almost completed. phew!

There are some small hiccups but other than that everything else seems pretty good so far.

We are back on track again :)

image.jpeg

Edited by Honeylee

40 minutes ago, Honeylee said:

Went to our place and was happy to see that tiling works are almost completed. phew!

There are some small hiccups but other than that everything else seems pretty good so far.

We are back on track again :)

image.jpeg

Guess we are using different Tiler afterall :D Glad that it is back on track for you again.. Mine got delay again due to crack HDB tiles in bathroom.. haix...

6 hours ago, Reiken said:

Guess we are using different Tiler afterall :D Glad that it is back on track for you again.. Mine got delay again due to crack HDB tiles in bathroom.. haix...

Haha they got so many projects cannot be using same de ba... Thanks :)

what do they have to do sith the crack tiles? Cant remove and top up cement then overlay?

1 hour ago, Honeylee said:

Haha they got so many projects cannot be using same de ba... Thanks :)

what do they have to do sith the crack tiles? Cant remove and top up cement then overlay?

Lol true... Need go tru the whole process of BSC/HDB again... cos its common toilet tiles... if J&E do, will void warranty... stupid rule... then my estate need to have joint inspection even if they just come up see less than a min... next slot is friday.. very very stupid rule

43 minutes ago, Reiken said:

Lol true... Need go tru the whole process of BSC/HDB again... cos its common toilet tiles... if J&E do, will void warranty... stupid rule... then my estate need to have joint inspection even if they just come up see less than a min... next slot is friday.. very very stupid rule

Wow that seriously will cause a delay man....

you can work out with jne to do other stuff firsf so that wont be too much delay? Like electrical or carpentry etc.? Which part of reno are u at now? For mine after tiling works done the rest are pretty fast cus we dun have major works other than tiling & carpentry.

On 20 June 2016 at 6:02 AM, Honeylee said:

We were working on a full sliding door initially without the wall. However due to budget we decided to go for "open" concept instead.

Yeah been waiting for the lightings in batches and they just arrived like finally.

U are more interested in the dining ones right?

Are you only unboxing your lightings on the day of installation?

Found a pendant lamp for the dining area, but have not gotten anything for the living room yet.

(I actually did - but changed my mind about it so going to get rid of it 8| )

7 hours ago, trcd said:

Are you only unboxing your lightings on the day of installation?

Found a pendant lamp for the dining area, but have not gotten anything for the living room yet.

(I actually did - but changed my mind about it so going to get rid of it 8| )

Actually my lightings came in batches so some are delivered to the current place im staying and some to my new place.I did not unbox those at my new place due to the reno and dust. Those at my current place I have unboxed to repack it into smaller packages.

You mean you gotten for living room but getting rid? How come?

If you are interested I can share photos of my lightings taken from the web since I didn't take any pictures.

For now im rather pleased with some of the lightings I've purchased from taobao(worth it if ship by prime).

Otherwise I think you can hack some ikea lightings too.

Also gotten some 4x 0.5m white track lights but after discussion with electrician it can't be of use cause they are too short for my living (I want to go for a brighter look so electrician helping us to get 2 new 2m tracks instead. Also can save on installation cost as they will charge 4x if I install 4x0.5m ones) I also wanna sell off the track lights after house done. Hehe.

12 hours ago, Honeylee said:

Wow that seriously will cause a delay man....

you can work out with jne to do other stuff firsf so that wont be too much delay? Like electrical or carpentry etc.? Which part of reno are u at now? For mine after tiling works done the rest are pretty fast cus we dun have major works other than tiling & carpentry.

Done abit of electrical and now painting 1st coat I guess.

Tiling works completed, subway tiles for kitchen backsplash up.

Gas & water pipes done.

Looking forward to next week for installation of vinyl flooring & carpentry!

image.jpeg

Unboxing some lightings from taobao.

These came without bulbs so we gotta get our own.

Got 2 of these each and would probably put them up in the 2 toilets/kitchen/store.

Especially love the chrome one.

image.jpeg