Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Didadi

Need advice on Quotation

Hi need some advice of quotation from ID:

New 5 room premium HDB - 113 m2

- Silver aluminum Window grille whole unit + service yard sliding window with  3 way sliding track = $1750 

- kitchen countertop Lian Hin Quartz - $ 120/pfr 

- kitchen cabinet with soft closing doors - $ 150/pfr 

- wardrobe - $280/pfr

- full height shoes cabinet with one open shelf - $ 320/pfr

- Korean branded wall paper $450/ roll

- false ceiling for whole house except for  the 2 common rooms - $2500

What and how can I bargain with ID? :) 

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

What I know from my own renovation.  

- Silver aluminum Window grille whole unit + service yard sliding window with  3 way sliding track = $1750 ... you can get for $1300

- kitchen countertop Lian Hin Quartz - $ 120/pfr .... $100 pfr

- kitchen cabinet with soft closing doors - $ 150/pfr ..... $100 pfr

- wardrobe - $280/pfr   ..... $230 pfr

- full height shoes cabinet with one open shelf - $ 320/pfr .... $240 pfr

- false ceiling for whole house except for  the 2 common rooms - $2500... don't know about your flat, but it seems very high.

I think you should find a contractor to have alternative, unless you prefer to pay more for ID.  Or you are very design conscious, you can find direct contractor ID who can design like the one i engaged and does the same thing as ID but at contractor pricings.  He even does art in kitchen glass backing and toilet glass doors that ID cannot do.

If i'm not wrong, other than carpentry (e..g those built in stuff), most of the other things the cost price is already more or less the same. The only thing different is how much they want to charge you for labour. so might be harder to nego with ID. but carpentry wise the ID might be able to advise how you can reduce the price, since there is a wide variety of options to consider. Of course better if u can get them directly from sub cons at the cost price itself or like what Kakipo say, see if tao bao has them. but usually online purchase can be very ex since they count by volumetric weight. so bulkier items not worth it to buy from tao bao

I dont know any sub cons. but i have a ID that told me before actually even for themselves, they try not to get the cheap offers from sub cons. cos the cheaper it is means it is usually too good to be true. and sub cons still need earn money so somehow if they give u cheaper raw material, they will find ways to charge you more in labour or other fees. More likely to cost more in the end. 

Hi, looking at your quotation it seems to fall on the slightly above average price range for ID. im comparing to the one i used (Kelvin from Singapore Carpentry) after comparing prices in the market for awhile. their pricing is quite transparent so you can use www.carpentry.sg as a price point to compare. As mentioned above some items the ID will need to earn, but items like grills and wallpaper its very easy to purchase yourself aftermarket. same for aircon. 

If carpentry is the bulk of your works, you can discuss with him finer details. for eg, the mechanism brands and warranty, interior pvc white or coloured. or push for slightly more innovative design. False ceiling i found out its charged based on per square feet as well as additional cost for features like cove light holder. so hard to judge based on a quantitative quote. 

If you need more information about my renovation can PM me. we compared extensively between a few IDs and contractors before settling on ours.