Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
zirhk3355

All Tanglin Halt Road Neighbours! Report In Here!

Hehe, got alot of enquiries on this before, but I am sure you are not parking at the carpark that's why you didn't know what was being done about this.

Earlier this week's Mon and Tues, leaflets were left by your nice 'fong-fei-fei' parking wardens on the windscreens of all season-holders, that they will be allowed to park at other carparks (including both MSCPs) and will not be summoned. The RC had fought very hard with HDB for this leh...

Also, little known to others that there is actually a boundary line drawn parallel to the MRT track; our side its under Tg Pagar GRC but the other side with the open field/running track belongs to Holland/Bukit Timah GRC. Each GRC holds their own parties within their own premises mah, cannot be we go party at someone else's ground right?

Anyway, there are big plans for the area at Blk 46-1/2 and the three round and old hawker centres, where major developments will upgrade the whole place with a permanent stage for whatever religion ceremonies, getais, etc. Once its done, the NDP dinner will be held there in future and not at the open carpark anymore. This also means cheaper costs and translate to either better food or cheaper tickets.

Not just for Queenstown, in fact for many GRCs in Singapore, there's always this space constraint problem while holding major events like NDP dinner. How many tables were there last nite? When I was still staying in Radin Mas area, we also held our NDP dinner every year (without fail!) at the public carpark at Blangah Rise, cos that's the only place that can accomodate 100+ tables.

Still considering if I shd switch my grassroots membership to Queenstown. If I do, then next year can join u guys here liao. ;)

Anyway, hoped u enjoyed the event last nite and the food was to your liking! :) Every year, always got residents complain abt the food, say didn't serve in time etc. Really pity those waitresses, so many tables to serve.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Not just for Queenstown, in fact for many GRCs in Singapore, there's always this space constraint problem while holding major events like NDP dinner. How many tables were there last nite? When I was still staying in Radin Mas area, we also held our NDP dinner every year (without fail!) at the public carpark at Blangah Rise, cos that's the only place that can accomodate 100+ tables.

Still considering if I shd switch my grassroots membership to Queenstown. If I do, then next year can join u guys here liao. ;)

Anyway, hoped u enjoyed the event last nite and the food was to your liking! :) Every year, always got residents complain abt the food, say didn't serve in time etc. Really pity those waitresses, so many tables to serve.

I think there were about 160+ tables, if I am not wrong (sorry me not in the committee this year).

Dun really care about the food lah, its the gathering that's important! Won't bother with complaints on food as well; at that price, you got to manage your own expectations. To me, as long as everything flows smoothly (performances, awards' presentations, etc), its a success liao.

If I were you I would change over to queenstown lah; why be an associate in another RC where you are not residing? We got a member (now associate) who moved to Buona Vista, and she finds lesser and lesser sense of belonging to this RC. She will be transferring to the other RC from next month.

So join us!! :notti:

I think there were about 160+ tables, if I am not wrong (sorry me not in the committee this year).

Dun really care about the food lah, its the gathering that's important! Won't bother with complaints on food as well; at that price, you got to manage your own expectations. To me, as long as everything flows smoothly (performances, awards' presentations, etc), its a success liao.

If I were you I would change over to queenstown lah; why be an associate in another RC where you are not residing? We got a member (now associate) who moved to Buona Vista, and she finds lesser and lesser sense of belonging to this RC. She will be transferring to the other RC from next month.

So join us!! :notti:

I'm not from RC, I'm from WEC. According to the regulations, we can only join RC of the constituency we reside in. However for sub-comms like WEC, YEC etc, they don't place a restriction. Need to check too if there's a WEC in Queenstown and how the committee is. As I've been with my comm for abt 7 years, worst is to switch to another one and realise that u can't work together with the people there. :( Actually, my chairman is quite worried I might leave, kept asking me to stay put, cos my comm has a problem trying to recruit new members over the past few yrs.

But I do understand where you are coming from. There's always a possibility that I might get less involved with my comm cos of the mentality that I need to travel. :P

I'm not from RC, I'm from WEC. According to the regulations, we can only join RC of the constituency we reside in. However for sub-comms like WEC, YEC etc, they don't place a restriction. Need to check too if there's a WEC in Queenstown and how the committee is. As I've been with my comm for abt 7 years, worst is to switch to another one and realise that u can't work together with the people there. :( Actually, my chairman is quite worried I might leave, kept asking me to stay put, cos my comm has a problem trying to recruit new members over the past few yrs.

But I do understand where you are coming from. There's always a possibility that I might get less involved with my comm cos of the mentality that I need to travel. :P

Yeah I know what you meant to; sometimes its about the fun and teamwork you had enjoyed with your current team members and its hard to leave them just like that.

Erm, for the WEC in queenstown, I did heard that its not very active...

Hey zirhk3355

Sounds like a good news but where did u hear the news from?

Anyway, there are big plans for the area at Blk 46-1/2 and the three round and old hawker centres, where major developments will upgrade the whole place with a permanent stage for whatever religion ceremonies, getais, etc. Once its done, the NDP dinner will be held there in future and not at the open carpark anymore. This also means cheaper costs and translate to either better food or cheaper tickets.

So anyone know what will happen to the area that is going to Blocks 74 to 80 Commonwealth Drive

Guess if it is just an upgrading, the stalls will be back to biz.

oh...i gonna miss my childhood block 74~~ memories...

and my favourite pork porridge at the 3 round and old hawker centre...

Quickly jio your friends to buy and stay with us in future!! :notti::notti:

Saw the brochures from my neighbour, quite nice. Developement is a mixture of different storey, up to 40 storey.

So anyone know what will happen to the area that is going to Blocks 74 to 80 Commonwealth Drive

Maybe they will enbloc somewhere else and build the new flats at Blk 74 and 80?? Or maybe covert the flats into rental flats also, like blk 71 to 73 those walk-up apartments...

Saw the brochures from my neighbour, quite nice. Developement is a mixture of different storey, up to 40 storey.

Wahh, huccome u got brochures already?? I also never see yet...

Anyway, there will be a SERS exhibition at Blk 79 Commonwealth Dr this Thursday onwards (for two weeks I think). As per previously, residents will be walking up and down the area, chit-chatting, etc. Some will want to sell, some will want to look-see.

This will be the best opportunity for potential buyers to chat up the residents and see if they want to sell. Remember property agents are also observing this and will swoop in quickly. They will be standing at the exhibition like vulchers, waiting to pounce on residents and buyers like you. So if do not want to pay agent's commission, quickly chat up with a resident and deal direct.

Those who need advice or help on SERS can pm me; not free of course, this world where got free things one. I will charge 'commission' of one kopi-c at Blk 46-1 during THUM! :notti:

Wahh, huccome u got brochures already?? I also never see yet...

My neighbour (old uncle) is the owner of one of the unit at Blk 74-80, he showed me the brochures.

Wah,. how come topic title changed liao? Mod privileges? :notti:

Edited by TYM

Wah,. how come topic title changed liao? Mod privileges? :notti:

Ya, cuz the previous title says Blk 89, 90 and 91 mah, then those who want to buy blk 74 to 80 c'wealth dr SERS flats will feel left out. Must be all inclusive since their replacement flats are so near to us! :notti: