Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
zirhk3355

All Tanglin Halt Road Neighbours! Report In Here!

Just moved my old TV away by town council guys. Very efficient and nice people. Anyone who wish to move away bulky items can call Andy at 91008202...but must call him 1-2 days in advance and what items to be moved.

Didn't go to THUM last week also...went to orchard shopping instead...heehee... :P

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Just moved my old TV away by town council guys. Very efficient and nice people. Anyone who wish to move away bulky items can call Andy at 91008202...but must call him 1-2 days in advance and what items to be moved.

Didn't go to THUM last week also...went to orchard shopping instead...heehee... :P

he resembles MC King.... nice guy n very chatty ;)

Hope you don't call the wrong Andy! haha...

Anyway..can I ask for some information here? I am looking for system 3 air conditioning...where you guys got yours? Brand and how much spent? hehe...like to know abit more from general crowd....

Hope you don't call the wrong Andy! haha...

Anyway..can I ask for some information here? I am looking for system 3 air conditioning...where you guys got yours? Brand and how much spent? hehe...like to know abit more from general crowd....

I bought a Toshiba non-inverter system-3 aircon at $1880. if u r interested, I can PM u the contact.

I bought a Toshiba non-inverter system-3 aircon at $1880. if u r interested, I can PM u the contact.

Thanks for the information country lover! :) Who is your installer?

I just called Hong Tar for a quote. This is the company my Interior Designer recommends. I was told Mitsubishi non inverter system 3 with R410 (new gas type), upgrade to 1/2 inch piping at $2.2k

Anyone has any other experiences?

Anybody happened to be disturbed by these group of crazy yelling people from Blk 91 on Saturday night?

I don't understand why there's a need to scream or shout on the activity that you guys/gals were doing. In fact if you didn't realised your session actually lasted till about 2am. If you happen to read my post here. Please be considerate. Nobody is stopping you from doing what you like but your noise level was worst than mahjong titles. :furious:

Anybody happened to be disturbed by these group of crazy yelling people from Blk 91 on Saturday night?

I don't understand why there's a need to scream or shout on the activity that you guys/gals were doing. In fact if you didn't realised your session actually lasted till about 2am. If you happen to read my post here. Please be considerate. Nobody is stopping you from doing what you like but your noise level was worst than mahjong titles. :furious:

Huh, what activity?

I just heard from my neighbour that some poor neighbour from Blk 90 was robbed, not at knife-point but screwdriver-point, electrical appliances (including a 40" plasma/LCD!!) were stolen, sounds like the same case as TYM mentioned. I also heard the poor neighbour was injured by the robbers, somemore it happened in broad daylight about 11-12pm+.

On another different day, saw four police cars parked at Blk 91, with one guy inside (machiam handcuffed behind his back) and being questioned by the officers. Also broad daylight, about 7pm+ on weekday.

I think our estate is still rather quiet, being tall with alot of secluded corners. Somemore we still have workers walking around day-in-day-out, esp those haulage guys or ID working on a particular unit, they everyday come, sure can observe our daily routine, eg what time husband comes back, what time the wife/maid will be alone, etc.

I really suggest that for these few weeks or months, we take the effort to change our routine frequently, dun go out too late, leaving lights on when go out for dinner, etc. until the estate becomes more populated.

On a similiar note, I am trying to round up some volunteers for Citizens-On-Patrol (COP) sessions. If you are worried about commitment, fret not. The current members are also very busy people, some doing own business somemore. Plus its on voluntary basis, no need to sign contract or what; if suddenly you cannot do it, just drop out. Simple and no hard feelings.

Anyone game, pls pm me with your contacts. Really appreciate some support... ;)

Edited by zirhk3355

Huh, what activity?

Yes, I was very irritated by the group of yelling people last Sat nite too! Think it came from around the 20th storey. I believe they were watching a soccer match. Good thing I wasn't asleep, if not sure wake up and 8|

On a similiar note, I am trying to round up some volunteers for Citizens-On-Patrol (COP) sessions. If you are worried about commitment, fret not. The current members are also very busy people, some doing own business somemore. Plus its on voluntary basis, no need to sign contract or what; if suddenly you cannot do it, just drop out. Simple and no hard feelings.

Hi Khriz...

For nights that I am not studying, I am willing to help out a little. We all have wives at home. We all have families that are dear to us...they are the most vulnerable to such threat...we should be doing this....but I will only be moving in end september or early october...

Edited by sohzai

I just heard from my neighbour that some poor neighbour from Blk 90 was robbed, not at knife-point but screwdriver-point, electrical appliances (including a 40" plasma/LCD!!) were stolen, sounds like the same case as TYM mentioned. I also heard the poor neighbour was injured by the robbers, somemore it happened in broad daylight about 11-12pm+.

On another different day, saw four police cars parked at Blk 91, with one guy inside (machiam handcuffed behind his back) and being questioned by the officers. Also broad daylight, about 7pm+ on weekday.

I think our estate is still rather quiet, being tall with alot of secluded corners. Somemore we still have workers walking around day-in-day-out, esp those haulage guys or ID working on a particular unit, they everyday come, sure can observe our daily routine, eg what time husband comes back, what time the wife/maid will be alone, etc.

I really suggest that for these few weeks or months, we take the effort to change our routine frequently, dun go out too late, leaving lights on when go out for dinner, etc. until the estate becomes more populated.

So it's robbery, not burglary, scary man ... :unsure: .

Actually I think our estate occupancy rate quite full already (judging from the lights switch on at night), just that majority keep their door close. If something does happen, nobody know also. And day time is really quiet, when most of us are at work.

Yes, I was very irritated by the group of yelling people last Sat nite too! Think it came from around the 20th storey. I believe they were watching a soccer match. Good thing I wasn't asleep, if not sure wake up and 8|

They are on the 21st floor. Even ppl at block 90 & 89 can hear them. Their sound really travel loh. 8|

Great! We now have two volunteers; more pls!!

What: Citizens-On-Patrol (COP)

Where: Tanglin Halt vicinity

When: TBC

Who:

1. zirhk3355

2. TYM

3. sohzai

Again I emphasise, dun worry about commitment ok, just put down your name first if you want to chip in, later when details come and you can't make it, just pull out. No hard feelings...cheers!!

Hello Friends....maybe this might help a little. Sorry I am not from your area. Try to go outside of the house, look up at your unit, see whether your kitchen facing outside or not. If so, better to switch on the kitchen lights. You know, robbery tends to look upwards for any dark units. If they spot light at your kitchen, probably they will change target. That can be done on your living room or one of your bedroom. Just leave the lights on when you and your family go out, be it 1 hour, just on the light. It wont cost you much on the elecdtricity. Hope that helps!

HAPPY