Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
beargoh

Light Switches: Where To Buy.

Frankly I did not check out the other brand cos personally prefers Legrand. But I do remember Hager seems to be the most expensive.

From what I do know briefly this should be the ranking which is better, as advise by a lighting shop.

Rank 1: Hager

Rank 2: MK and Legrand (there are pretty similar)

Rank 3: Clipsal

hehe. so my electrician is pretty honest to tell me hager is more ex even though i choosed mk. he ask me sure dun wan more ex one ah? lol :dancingqueen:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Frankly I did not check out the other brand cos personally prefers Legrand. But I do remember Hager seems to be the most expensive.

From what I do know briefly this should be the ranking which is better, as advise by a lighting shop.

Rank 1: Hager

Rank 2: MK and Legrand (there are pretty similar)

Rank 3: Clipsal

har? clipsal rank 3 ar :jawdrop: r u sure? but mk and legrand is cheaper than clipsal ler

Hello, does anyone have a good recommendation to where I can buy Clipsal switches @ good price without being 'chop'. I have seen a few shops and the price seems to vary widely. Thanks in advance.

Hello, does anyone have a good recommendation to where I can buy Clipsal switches @ good price without being 'chop'. I have seen a few shops and the price seems to vary widely. Thanks in advance.

i bought all my clipsal switch and socket at chanhuat :)

i bought all my clipsal switch and socket at chanhuat :)

Thanks! Maybe i can try to get a package deal from CH since I m also looking for lightings now! I originally wanted to keep the switches given by hdb, but saw those clipsal switches in a fren's place! Sigh, now hv to waste more $! :bangwall:

Guest our-home

Bought our Clipsal switches from Chan Huat (Balestier) too. Can get 10/15% discount if lady staff serves you (can't remember her name and her off-day).

Hubby DIYed the light switches, etc except for heater switches - electrician did that for $15 each.

Bought our Clipsal switches from Chan Huat (Balestier) too. Can get 10/15% discount if lady staff serves you (can't remember her name and her off-day).

Hubby DIYed the light switches, etc except for heater switches - electrician did that for $15 each.

her off day is every tuesday :notti:

i went last nite bt the guy was on duty

incidentally is this chan huat the biggest and main one?

the guy only gave 5% discount man.

so i din buy and just bot some lights upstairs.

tink i just go choo chiang

clipsal in fact is not cheap

Guest our-home
i went last nite bt the guy was on duty

incidentally is this chan huat the biggest and main one?

the guy only gave 5% discount man.

so i din buy and just bot some lights upstairs.

tink i just go choo chiang

clipsal in fact is not cheap

We were directed to that particular Chan Huat shop for DIY stuff (eg. switches/stickers/etc) by the other branches, the rest sold lightings. Saw many Chan Huat shops all along Balestier Road itself.

Initially, hubby went to Choo Chiang (AMK) on a Saturday morning and didn't get much help/service, that's why he went to Chan Huat instead - got to ask many, many questions cos first time he was DIYing the light switches/sockets.

Yep, Clipsal not cheap, but the previous switches were Clipsal too - so just bought same brand to make sure they fit (all concealed).

her off day is every tuesday :notti:

Oh ya! Thanks, CPE!

try choo chiang is cheap. managed to get the following

legrand 1G switch = $1.5

legrand 2G switch = $3

legrand 3G switch = $4.5

legrand water heater switch = $7.5

The above price is for the Model large rocker switches. If want the latest Mallia series, think hv to add another $0.50. Dun see much diff bet the Model & Mallia series except that the Mallia series is only abit more flat that's all

oops forgot, if u know the model u want (can go to Legrand website and download) can call them and place order, they will deliver foc with no min charge

Hi, anyone got an update of the current price? Also, how much does 1 sockets and 2 sockets cost? TV/FM?

boxes?

Also, can the SCV points be changed?

I am thinking of the rocker swtiches for our new resale flats, think legrand looks nice...

Any coments?

Here's what we got as of last week from Choo Chiang. Price nett, inclusive of GST. Hope it helps...

LEGRAND - Mallia

1 gang $2.03 White $2.41 Silver

2 gang $3.75 White $4.55 Silver

3 gang $5.62 White $6.69 Silver

4 gang $8.72 White $10.43 Silver

Dimmer $20.06 White $24.08 Silver

Power Socket

Single $3.42 White $4.01 Silver

Double $6.42 White $7.76 Silver

Here's what we got as of last week from Choo Chiang. Price nett, inclusive of GST. Hope it helps...

LEGRAND - Mallia

1 gang $2.03 White $2.41 Silver

2 gang $3.75 White $4.55 Silver

3 gang $5.62 White $6.69 Silver

4 gang $8.72 White $10.43 Silver

Dimmer $20.06 White $24.08 Silver

Power Socket

Single $3.42 White $4.01 Silver

Double $6.42 White $7.76 Silver

hihi, Thanks alot! ") :good:

Helped us quite abit in budgetting. :D

Which branch did u got this frm? Bendemeer?

Any idea about the boxes as well? Do they match the white switches?

Did u buy heater switch and/or doorbell? :P

We bought from the branch at Toh Guan (opposite IMM) as it was nearest from our place...I think :P

Not sure what you meant by boxes wor....Due to budget, we bought all white ones except for the MBR main switches and dimmer. Yes, we bought the heater switch but cannot recall how much as the invoice is in my car now. Pai Say Pai Say. Doorbell, we did not change as ours is looking pretty decent for now. You must first have your electrician to estimate your points for you before you buy hor bro...

Edited by ilmare612

Not sure what you meant by boxes wor.......

box is the white box, tht HDB say muz have, cuz cannot conceal wiring... i think :P

Thanks Bro, u have been a great help already.

box is the white box, tht HDB say muz have, cuz cannot conceal wiring... i think :P

Thanks Bro, u have been a great help already.

No worries :) I think cos mine is a conceal wiring unit. Thus, no clue what the white box is. Eh...I sis lah. wahahaha