Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
oasis

Which Brand/model Of Aircon To Buy

Looking for:

- sys3 non inverter

- quiet compressor (cos it will be hanging outside the MBR)

- energy efficient

So many choices with pros and cons

Daikin

- Got a unit at home going strong after 10 years, heard stories of leaking but then again could be caused by installation?

Mitsu

- quiet compressor, strong branding. Newest easy clean model has filmsy plastic parts afraid will break.

Sanyo

- No experience with it

Toshiba

- Seen a lot of people in forum mentioning it

Any other brands/models to recommend? !!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi there!

My aircon system is a Mitsubishi Starmex but is inverter system 3.

Compressor unit is outside my MBR but almost no noise at all.

Cheers!

just my opinion, if you are going for value for money and quite, Toshiba is it! 22db noise level even for the non-inverter type. Only Starmex has it at 21db but if i'm not wrong, only for their inverter type. There is another solid feature about this Toshiba, Confort Sleep, which automatically adjust the environment temp upward as your body temp falls while you sleep..... :)

check it out... !!

mine is Mitsubishi Starmex non-inverter system 3.

very quiet the CU. FCU also quiet too. i recom it.

My Daikin compressor just died after 5 yrs... no warranty... :rolleyes: It was so badly corroded the birds were hiding inside this morning...

May I know how much is Mit Starmex? Seems very popular choice.

My Daikin compressor just died after 5 yrs... no warranty... :~ It was so badly corroded the birds were hiding inside this morning...

May I know how much is Mit Starmex? Seems very popular choice.

my colleague get one system 3 inverter, cheapest price $2100.

maybe u can try nature cool or gain city.

Edited by deremi

how abt panasonic?? any comment? hear it not bad

I just installed a Panasonic System 3 which bought from Gaxx Cixx at $1599.

The fan coils are so quiet as compare with my previous old Mitsubishi.

However, I was really upset with their installer team. One of the installer who fitting up my common room fan coil, forget to connect the unit drain pipe to the drainage PVC pipe.

Before they left, they on all the system for me, closed all my room and ask me to have it operate for an hour to test the temperature.

Aftetr 1 hour when I open the common room and so shock to see the room flooded with water. The water dripping from the vertical trunking. :good:

Immediate called the hotline and was told to wait for the installer team to return and fix the problem.

They kept me waited anxiously for nearly 4 hours at home and still can smile to me and said "aiya, I forget to connect and my team mate also never check!" :~

I just installed a Panasonic System 3 which bought from Gaxx Cixx at $1599.

The fan coils are so quiet as compare with my previous old Mitsubishi.

However, I was really upset with their installer team. One of the installer who fitting up my common room fan coil, forget to connect the unit drain pipe to the drainage PVC pipe.

Before they left, they on all the system for me, closed all my room and ask me to have it operate for an hour to test the temperature.

Aftetr 1 hour when I open the common room and so shock to see the room flooded with water. The water dripping from the vertical trunking. :jawdrop:

Immediate called the hotline and was told to wait for the installer team to return and fix the problem.

They kept me waited anxiously for nearly 4 hours at home and still can smile to me and said "aiya, I forget to connect and my team mate also never check!" :dancingqueen:

wat model is ur? how come so cheap?? i went to ga** ci** they quote mi $2050 inclusive of bracket... mayb it new model...

wat model is ur? how come so cheap?? i went to ga** ci** they quote mi $2050 inclusive of bracket... mayb it new model...

I think mine is an old model (CS-C9EKZWx3).

It is very quiet, especially in low fan mode, can't hear any noise unlike my old super noisy Mitsubishi System 5. :deal: