Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kenmura

Home Sweet Home

yeah...same here...i'm a south kid all the while. I stay Telok Blangah.

Same same...my HHS also in kitchen...:D

but your kitchen very long hor...good...mine is super small... :unsure:

hahaha

telok blangah? That's super near my old place. well, our new places are quite near too. grin

yeah, the kitchen is quite long (but that's good cause my fiancee LOVES to cook. AND she cooks well somemore. jialat. Ever since I dated her, my weight has ballooned so fast it's no joke boy.), but long kitchen = pay more money for extension to kitchen cabinet right? :sport-smiley-003:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Is it? oops.... How do I set up the blog? Actually, it doesn't really matter right? I mean, the aim is to chronicle the entire process, chat with people, share experiences and to share photos right? grin. I tried to set up a blog on this server earlier, but had some problems coz the link kept saying that URL not found. So gave up and set it up in the chat zone instead. heh.

We're going for minimalist zen - zen cause it's nice and minimalist cause we're **** broke.

ROFL

We're both Catholics, so we're not THAT into fengshui yet. But better to be safe than sorry right? ;)

wow.... that means we still have some time to go.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but they're supposed to hand over the unit within 3 months by right, correct?

That means if I wait 1-2 months before getting that nice, wonderful letter, and then go down for 2 more appointments to finish up the paper work (which I assume will be evenly spread out with 2 weeks gap in between, so that will take another month), then go down to check for defects before reverting to HDB so that they can come and fix, and factoring another month for reno works to be done..... :sport-smiley-003:

I'LL BE STUCK PAYING RENT FOR MY RENTAL CLEMENTI FLAT FOR SUPER LONG! :)

hmmm zen theme ? wood furnitures and black/brown dark theme? peaceful n water features... hahaha :P

anyway, get ideas from mag or books and look around... u say u have ur ID? or still looking? :unsure:

it will take some time for HDB to get the keys for u.. its exciting process but dont worry, the time will come soon :)

the blog is here.. is about the same but there is easier to see the process of ur blog..

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?automodule=blog

u staying which part of clementi? :D

yeah I agree better to plan properly then go look for ID...

u have to decide on what u'll wan first... else when the ID talk to u'll, everything sounds good and it's burst ur pockets... bank loan only $30k limit right? the things the quote can easily exceed this amt... not good to be debt-ridden so soon after graduation right?

IMHO i think it's better to take a look inside the unit first (or go peep at neighbour's flat while they are undergoing renos) then decide on wat u'll wan to do...at least u'll can have a clearer picture...

no need to rush... remember also that requirements are prone to changes during the course of renos... likely to add more and more things to the reno items...

renos also not cheap...

True, true. Great advice.

Wah bro, I noticed that your reno costs so far are only 14.3K!! Power!

He quoted us 19K after a lot of bargaining and give and take. We talked to him for over 4 hours during the first talk. lol. Think he was glad to say bye to us eventually.

hmmm zen theme ? wood furnitures and black/brown dark theme? peaceful n water features... hahaha :P

anyway, get ideas from mag or books and look around... u say u have ur ID? or still looking? :P

it will take some time for HDB to get the keys for u.. its exciting process but dont worry, the time will come soon :)

the blog is here.. is about the same but there is easier to see the process of ur blog..

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?automodule=blog

u staying which part of clementi? :notti:

hmmmm

I tried to start a blog there but couldn't leh... weird. As in I managed to do all the settings and everything but when I click on "Add new entry", the error page which says "Not Found. The requested URL was not found on this server." pops up. Same goes for when I click on the navigation button "My Blog" on top.

Yeah, we go to forums every night and we also buy home and decor mags to get more ideas so that we can have a better idea of what we want. If not, like some other nice people pointed out in here, everything that the ID suggests, we like. Then our wallets cry. :D

Minimalist Zen as in lots black and white with the occassional splash of timbre brown, water features, pebbles, rock formations.... lol. IMHO, the cheapest look to procure and maintain.

Now we rent a flat at Clementi West St 2. Why leh? Going to treat us to drinks?? :P:)

jimmy from FutureHome? is it that guy quite old or young fellow?

i pm u about it... :P

Quite old guy. He's very proud of his experience, keeps talking about how only experienced people like him know all the pros and cons about doing certain things in the flat....

wah... got horror story??? Pls share.... before it's too late... :(

Is it? oops.... How do I set up the blog? Actually, it doesn't really matter right? I mean, the aim is to chronicle the entire process, chat with people, share experiences and to share photos right? grin. I tried to set up a blog on this server earlier, but had some problems coz the link kept saying that URL not found. So gave up and set it up in the chat zone instead. heh.

We're going for minimalist zen - zen cause it's nice and minimalist cause we're **** broke.

ROFL

We're both Catholics, so we're not THAT into fengshui yet. But better to be safe than sorry right? :P

wow.... that means we still have some time to go.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but they're supposed to hand over the unit within 3 months by right, correct?

That means if I wait 1-2 months before getting that nice, wonderful letter, and then go down for 2 more appointments to finish up the paper work (which I assume will be evenly spread out with 2 weeks gap in between, so that will take another month), then go down to check for defects before reverting to HDB so that they can come and fix, and factoring another month for reno works to be done..... :P

I'LL BE STUCK PAYING RENT FOR MY RENTAL CLEMENTI FLAT FOR SUPER LONG! :)

there is no hard and fast rule that they must hand over the unit within 3 mths... like wat u said they are "supposed" to only... some fellas waited even longer... but generally i think 1-2 mths is the average lah... when u get the letter, there is a date on the letter for u to go down and sign the documents... they give u 3 mths for that, to go down and sign the papers... but of cos u can extend this as well..

after u sign the documents ( tons of them) they will pass u the keys and the unit is urs... no need for 2nd appt...

the defects rectification will take some time though... cos HDB assigned contractors usu take their own sweet time to do things... (for my case, mine is like that gotta constantly bug them)

there is no hard and fast rule that they must hand over the unit within 3 mths... like wat u said they are "supposed" to only... some fellas waited even longer... but generally i think 1-2 mths is the average lah... when u get the letter, there is a date on the letter for u to go down and sign the documents... they give u 3 mths for that, to go down and sign the papers... but of cos u can extend this as well..

after u sign the documents ( tons of them) they will pass u the keys and the unit is urs... no need for 2nd appt...

the defects rectification will take some time though... cos HDB assigned contractors usu take their own sweet time to do things... (for my case, mine is like that gotta constantly bug them)

Ah.....

thanks for clarifying. This is the first time we're buying property, so we're super antsy. heh heh

But for defects, we only need to look for those defects in things that we're planning to keep right? I.e defects in say common bathroom tiles. Cause for things that we're gonna reno like the rusty steel gate (I saw another forummer talk about this), even if it's defected, I can heck care it right?

So many things to stress about.... *sigh*

True, true. Great advice.

Wah bro, I noticed that your reno costs so far are only 14.3K!! Power!

He quoted us 19K after a lot of bargaining and give and take. We talked to him for over 4 hours during the first talk. lol. Think he was glad to say bye to us eventually.

my reno haben include furnitures, electrical applicances and other stuffs leh... even painting i DIY.... I did only minmal stuffs... tat's why the price.. another reason is our unit is a repurchased unit... the flooring is done already so we saved on that...

that main cost of our renos is due to the kitchen ($4k), feature wall in living room( to conceal the HHS, $2k) and the Built-in wardrobe in MBR ($1.8k)...

add in aircon and stuffs, total amt is above $20k already...

I took loan frm Maybank... perhaps u'll could try there as well...

anyway just a word of caution, cheap quotes might not be good... cos they may use inferior materials... make sure u press ur ID to tell u wat they will be using and do some research here so that u wun get conned by them... some ID **** good at talking but cannot deliver... haha

anyway $19k for doing up the whole hse is quite ok...

u can ask korea for her contact, she renovated her EA house for $19k also... quite a bargain and she did quite alot of stuffs...

Ah.....

thanks for clarifying. This is the first time we're buying property, so we're super antsy. heh heh

But for defects, we only need to look for those defects in things that we're planning to keep right? I.e defects in say common bathroom tiles. Cause for things that we're gonna reno like the rusty steel gate (I saw another forummer talk about this), even if it's defected, I can heck care it right?

That y i said dont rush into things too fast, even for ur furniture too.

Happy Shopping, if u need any shops list. Here got alot of expert. :P

my reno haben include furnitures, electrical applicances and other stuffs leh... even painting i DIY.... I did only minmal stuffs... tat's why the price.. another reason is our unit is a repurchased unit... the flooring is done already so we saved on that...

that main cost of our renos is due to the kitchen ($4k), feature wall in living room( to conceal the HHS, $2k) and the Built-in wardrobe in MBR ($1.8k)...

add in aircon and stuffs, total amt is above $20k already...

I took loan frm Maybank... perhaps u'll could try there as well...

anyway just a word of caution, cheap quotes might not be good... cos they may use inferior materials... make sure u press ur ID to tell u wat they will be using and do some research here so that u wun get conned by them... some ID **** good at talking but cannot deliver... haha

anyway $19k for doing up the whole hse is quite ok...

u can ask korea for her contact, she renovated her EA house for $19k also... quite a bargain and she did quite alot of stuffs...

We certainly will try with Maybank

Thanks so much for the constructive advice! Keep em coming, bro!

Yeah, korea is super power. I read what she did for $19 K and I was like.... :P

bro, you did the constructed wardrobe in your MBR? Got pics? What does it look like? Coz my fiancee and I were wondering if the 1.8 K for that wardrobe is worth it. I mean, there are many rather nice ones that we saw for much cheaper out there...

That y i said dont rush into things too fast, even for ur furniture too.

Happy Shopping, if u need any shops list. Here got alot of expert. :P

heh

you too.

buying a lappie?

Ah.....

haha i can understand i was in ur situation a few mths back... even now also ... haha still under going renos...

for defects, just write everything u are unhappy about... like yellowish switches also can.. just write... they are FOC anyway... many ppl reported hollow tiles... oh ya do check for water seepage from the windows also... need to go to unit during rain time and observe this is a defect as well.

erh.. check ur pm... hope not the same one... :P

info 8 months ago so ..... maybe that guy not there liao.. :)

checked, read and replied.

heh

thanks sis!

at least this way, I get more info on him. it's still not too late to change. :P

haha i can understand i was in ur situation a few mths back... even now also ... haha still under going renos...

for defects, just write everything u are unhappy about... like yellowish switches also can.. just write... they are FOC anyway... many ppl reported hollow tiles... oh ya do check for water seepage from the windows also... need to go to unit during rain time and observe this is a defect as well.

yeah.... well..... you can finally see the light at the end of your tunnel.

mine is still at the entrance..... sian

erh.. check ur pm... hope not the same one... :P

info 8 months ago so ..... maybe that guy not there liao.. :D

Odie sound so serious can pm me the story too :P:)

heh

you too.

buying a lappie?

Yar lor, me computer idiot, don know much abt pc.

Nw must spend another $$$ on laptop. Hai... :notti:

We certainly will try with Maybank

Thanks so much for the constructive advice! Keep em coming, bro!

Yeah, korea is super power. I read what she did for $19 K and I was like.... :P

bro, you did the constructed wardrobe in your MBR? Got pics? What does it look like? Coz my fiancee and I were wondering if the 1.8 K for that wardrobe is worth it. I mean, there are many rather nice ones that we saw for much cheaper out there...

heh

you too.

buying a lappie?

ya, if u buy from shops it will be much cheaper... i wanted to buy those entire bedroom set at first but wifey wans to hav WIW but our MBR design dosen't really allow it so we gotta settle for a Built in one instead... according to her mum.. a full height wardrobe got no 'gaps' (behind and on top) so wun trap dust, easier to clean... and then u wun have to worry abt dust collecting on the top of the wardrobes also...

my wardrobe is abit on the ex side but it's done by Ho Bee.. one of the pricey ones but they are recommended by many forumers here..so far they have been good...the quality of their work is also good..

Honestly speaking a built in one looks nicer...

we've been around many furniture shops and ikea... one wardrobe of our length and ht is roughly also 1.5k+.. ours is around 7ft...

i think i took some pics.. it's at my blog... u can click the link on my signature...

capentry work usually cost quite a bit...so if u wan to reduce the quote, u have to reduce the amt of capentry u need lor...

alot of things are good-to-have not must-have...

for me and wifey, we just wan a simple and cosy place...