Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kenmura

Home Sweet Home

Hi guys,

learnt of this online community yesterday and have beenhooked ever since.

My fiancee and I recently booked a flat on the 10th of Feb 07 over at Blk 276B Jurong West Ave 3. Ever since then, we check the HDB website RELIGIOUSLY every single day to see if we can finally sign the official letter of lease or even collect keys. Chuckle. The itchy backside syndrome even led to us going furniture hunting and ID hunting almost every evening.

A little more background info about us - we're both 25 this year and we met in JC where we were classmates, although we didn't get together until AFTER JC. What to do? I was with another girl during my entire JC period, so she had to wait. ROFL. She works in a HR firm after having worked with SIA and several banks while I am in my final few months over at NUS. So in the meantime, my poor fiancee has become my sugar mummy, not to mention the fact that she also has to take on the loans herself until I can graduate and help out.

Any help from you guys along the way will be greatly appreciated!

:sport-smiley-003:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Oh by the way, this is the floor plan of the unit that we booked - a standard 5 room.

Homefloorplan.jpg

Any fengshui experts in here or any ideas will also be greatly welcome. :D

Hello Welcome, b4 Ordie come. :sport-smiley-003::unsure:

LOL

Thank you, thank you.

Guess you beat Ordie to it. ;)

Is this considered a t-blog already? Cause I seem to be having a bit of problem trying to create a blog in here

Oh by the way, this is the floor plan of the unit that we booked - a standard 5 room.

Homefloorplan.jpg

Any fengshui experts in here or any ideas will also be greatly welcome. :D

LOL

Thank you, thank you.

Guess you beat Ordie to it. ;)

Is this considered a t-blog already? Cause I seem to be having a bit of problem trying to create a blog in here

Great at least ur HHS door face the kitchen. Can save $$$.

We also same, when we got floorplan almost everyday we r excited. :sport-smiley-003:

Happy Reno. :unsure:

Welcome to Jurong West :D ...did HDB tell you when you can collect keys ?

Lol

Thanks for the nice welcome to Jurong West. Actually to be honest, we weren't that keen on Jurong West at first cause I was a Dover boy all my life. Stayed there since I was born, so I was reluctant to leave the area. Tried to go for the Feb WIS for established towns, but all the units were snapped up super fast. So after much consideration, decided to settle for Jurong West. At least I'm still in the West side right? :P

Havn't yet lei... We booked the flat on 10 Feb 07, then it's already the 1st of March today. The HLE is supposed to be "within 7 days" right? My fiancee called the customer service manager already and her reply was that, "Oh, you only booked on the 10th of Feb what... Very recent." :unsure: People excited mah.... Everyday we log into HDB to see if there's any change, but it always says "HDB will invite you to sign the Agreement for Lease of the new flat in due course."

Great at least ur HHS door face the kitchen. Can save $$$.

We also same, when we got floorplan almost everyday we r excited. :sport-smiley-003:

Happy Reno. ;)

LOL

i know exactly what you mean. My fiancee and I go furniture hunting, ID hunting and forum browsing every single night until 1 am before we go to bed. We rented a flat at Clementi so that we could ascertain whether or not we could tahan each other's living habits. So far so good.

Reno... sigh. My fiancee got her first application rejected from RHB bank yesterday, no reason given. Jan got frustrated so she went to buy her own credit bureau report. She used to work in a bank you see, so she got even more pek chek when she saw that her credit report was extremely good. Today we're meeting up with our ID to get more quotations from him so that she can apply for more banks. Hope everything turns out well.

Hello Welcome, b4 Odie come. :sport-smiley-003::unsure:

hey hey so fast.. u all put on refresh speed button is it? :D

##############333

anyway welcome ;)

oooo wish u all the best for reno~

hey hey so fast.. u all put on refresh speed button is it? :sport-smiley-003:

##############333

anyway welcome :unsure:

oooo wish u all the best for reno~

Thanks for the warm welcome once again.

Hopefully everything goes well too....

well if u are looking for fengshui,

u must let ur ID know, as there is some restrictions for the reno due to fengshui reasons..

what kind of idea or themes u both have in mind?

this is t-blog chat.. blog is another link :sport-smiley-003:

Lol

Thanks for the nice welcome to Jurong West. Actually to be honest, we weren't that keen on Jurong West at first cause I was a Dover boy all my life. Stayed there since I was born, so I was reluctant to leave the area. Tried to go for the Feb WIS for established towns, but all the units were snapped up super fast. So after much consideration, decided to settle for Jurong West. At least I'm still in the West side right? :unsure:

Havn't yet lei... We booked the flat on 10 Feb 07, then it's already the 1st of March today. The HLE is supposed to be "within 7 days" right? My fiancee called the customer service manager already and her reply was that, "Oh, you only booked on the 10th of Feb what... Very recent." :sport-smiley-003: People excited mah.... Everyday we log into HDB to see if there's any change, but it always says "HDB will invite you to sign the Agreement for Lease of the new flat in due course."

LOL

i know exactly what you mean. My fiancee and I go furniture hunting, ID hunting and forum browsing every single night until 1 am before we go to bed. We rented a flat at Clementi so that we could ascertain whether or not we could tahan each other's living habits. So far so good.

Reno... sigh. My fiancee got her first application rejected from RHB bank yesterday, no reason given. Jan got frustrated so she went to buy her own credit bureau report. She used to work in a bank you see, so she got even more pek chek when she saw that her credit report was extremely good. Today we're meeting up with our ID to get more quotations from him so that she can apply for more banks. Hope everything turns out well.

i got the letter 1 mth after we booked some even waited for more than 2 mths...

... dun worry lah u noe lah govt agency work abit slow one.. esp now they still need to access the applicant's credit status...

Lol

Thanks for the nice welcome to Jurong West. Actually to be honest, we weren't that keen on Jurong West at first cause I was a Dover boy all my life. Stayed there since I was born, so I was reluctant to leave the area. Tried to go for the Feb WIS for established towns, but all the units were snapped up super fast. So after much consideration, decided to settle for Jurong West. At least I'm still in the West side right? :D

Havn't yet lei... We booked the flat on 10 Feb 07, then it's already the 1st of March today. The HLE is supposed to be "within 7 days" right? My fiancee called the customer service manager already and her reply was that, "Oh, you only booked on the 10th of Feb what... Very recent." :sport-smiley-003: People excited mah.... Everyday we log into HDB to see if there's any change, but it always says "HDB will invite you to sign the Agreement for Lease of the new flat in due course."

LOL

The best loan is from PARENT :unsure: although I got my loan from RHB.

Try to meet more IDs and compare in detail for all their quotation b4 u signed any contract.

Note: Do not rush into anything b4 u get ur key. ;)

well if u are looking for fengshui,

u must let ur ID know, as there is some restrictions for the reno due to fengshui reasons..

what kind of idea or themes u both have in mind?

this is t-blog chat.. blog is another link ;)

Is it? oops.... How do I set up the blog? Actually, it doesn't really matter right? I mean, the aim is to chronicle the entire process, chat with people, share experiences and to share photos right? grin. I tried to set up a blog on this server earlier, but had some problems coz the link kept saying that URL not found. So gave up and set it up in the chat zone instead. heh.

We're going for minimalist zen - zen cause it's nice and minimalist cause we're **** broke.

ROFL

We're both Catholics, so we're not THAT into fengshui yet. But better to be safe than sorry right? :unsure:

i got the letter 1 mth after we booked some even waited for more than 2 mths...

... dun worry lah u noe lah govt agency work abit slow one.. esp now they still need to access the applicant's credit status...

wow.... that means we still have some time to go.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but they're supposed to hand over the unit within 3 months by right, correct?

That means if I wait 1-2 months before getting that nice, wonderful letter, and then go down for 2 more appointments to finish up the paper work (which I assume will be evenly spread out with 2 weeks gap in between, so that will take another month), then go down to check for defects before reverting to HDB so that they can come and fix, and factoring another month for reno works to be done..... :sport-smiley-003:

I'LL BE STUCK PAYING RENT FOR MY RENTAL CLEMENTI FLAT FOR SUPER LONG! :D

Lol

Thanks for the nice welcome to Jurong West. Actually to be honest, we weren't that keen on Jurong West at first cause I was a Dover boy all my life. Stayed there since I was born, so I was reluctant to leave the area. Tried to go for the Feb WIS for established towns, but all the units were snapped up super fast. So after much consideration, decided to settle for Jurong West. At least I'm still in the West side right? :D

yeah...same here...i'm a south kid all the while. I stay Telok Blangah.

Same same...my HHS also in kitchen...;)

but your kitchen very long hor...good...mine is super small... :unsure:

The best loan is from PARENT :sport-smiley-003: although I got my loan from RHB.

Try to meet more IDs and compare in detail for all their quotation b4 u signed any contract.

Note: Do not rush into anything b4 u get ur key. :D

True, but our father-mother loan is a bit tapped out cause after paying for our uni educations (and we each have a younger brother some more, so their uni educations are coming right up), they aren't that keen on the idea of loaning more.

We went to several IDs already. grin. Told you we were itchy backsides. :unsure: Pity we didn't discover this forum earlier. We might have gone to a different ID. But for now, this ID is pretty ok. Friendly and very accomodating. So no problems as yet

Thanks for the advice! It's much appreciated!

yeah I agree better to plan properly then go look for ID...

u have to decide on what u'll wan first... else when the ID talk to u'll, everything sounds good and it's burst ur pockets... bank loan only $30k limit right? the things the quote can easily exceed this amt... not good to be debt-ridden so soon after graduation right?

IMHO i think it's better to take a look inside the unit first (or go peep at neighbour's flat while they are undergoing renos) then decide on wat u'll wan to do...at least u'll can have a clearer picture...

no need to rush... remember also that requirements are prone to changes during the course of renos... likely to add more and more things to the reno items...

renos also not cheap...