Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
xinyi_reiko

It Show

went to the IT show today...the LCD offer is not attractive at all...almost buy Samsung 32" LCD TV LA32R71B - :deal: surge sorry to mentioned..today $ 1599 only with all the free gift , the laptop bag and luggage brand is Guy Laurich..dun know how to spell :good: (same price with courts offer last week)..but stupid hubby forget to bring the credit card so end up din buy. We plan to head down to HL or others..heard that they are giving the same price as well...

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

It has been an expensive few days. I took leave on Thu and Fri to buy the parts for my new rig. Since it was the IT Show, I also ended up visiting the show not once but twice. In the end, I bought quite a lot of things, though not all from the IT Show. Here's what I bought

Asus Striker Extreme Motherboard

Intel Extreme QX6700 Quad core processor

2 Gb of Corsair Dominator C3FD memory (over $900!)

MSI Nvidia 8800GTX video card

1 x 150 Gb WD Raptor drive (SATA)

2 x 750 Gb Seagate 7200.10 ES (SATA)

Creative X-Fi Fata1ly sound card

Enermax 1000w power supply

Zalman CF9700 CPU cooler

Lian Li 007 Black Aluminium Casing

APC 1500 Uninterruptible Power Supply

Windows XP Professional (OEM)

Office 2003 Professional (OEM)

Liteon 20x Multi format DVD writer

Plus the PS3, games and accessories.

Took the whole weekend to fix up the PC. Shop didn't have the QX6700 processor until Saturday, so only started the assembly on Saturday. Managed to finish the assembly on Sunday, and when I turned it on, it didn't work! Turned out that I had some connectors wrongly inserted (thank goodness for the Asus Q connector as it allowed me to connect the Power SW, Speaker, LED, HD Activity etc. cables in the right orientation). Turned on and it booted. Tried to install WinXP, but go the blue screen of death. Turned out that I need to have the right drivers. Unfortunately, I don't have a floppy, so cannot proceed with the installation.

Will have to get the floppy today if I want to instal WinXP.

went to the IT show today...the LCD offer is not attractive at all...almost buy Samsung 32" LCD TV LA32R71B - :D surge sorry to mentioned..today $ 1599 only with all the free gift , the laptop bag and luggage brand is Guy Laurich..dun know how to spell ;) (same price with courts offer last week)..but stupid hubby forget to bring the credit card so end up din buy. We plan to head down to HL or others..heard that they are giving the same price as well...

As a consolation to me..I called up HL today and they quoted me $1550 for exactly the same package but without the extended warranty... so i luigi abt $100+ !!

So in fact the price $1599 with all the freebies and extended waranty is actually quite ok...

learnt my lesson though... will check out all these shops b4 i buy anything.. :P

Anyone have the list of "neighbourhood" shops mentioned in the other thread? If so can PM me?

Thank you !! :jawdrop:

unker u're rich!:furious:! :dancingqueen::dancingqueen:

It has been an expensive few days. I took leave on Thu and Fri to buy the parts for my new rig. Since it was the IT Show, I also ended up visiting the show not once but twice. In the end, I bought quite a lot of things, though not all from the IT Show. Here's what I bought

Asus Striker Extreme Motherboard

Intel Extreme QX6700 Quad core processor

2 Gb of Corsair Dominator C3FD memory (over $900!)

MSI Nvidia 8800GTX video card

1 x 150 Gb WD Raptor drive (SATA)

2 x 750 Gb Seagate 7200.10 ES (SATA)

Creative X-Fi Fata1ly sound card

Enermax 1000w power supply

Zalman CF9700 CPU cooler

Lian Li 007 Black Aluminium Casing

APC 1500 Uninterruptible Power Supply

Windows XP Professional (OEM)

Office 2003 Professional (OEM)

Liteon 20x Multi format DVD writer

Plus the PS3, games and accessories.

Took the whole weekend to fix up the PC. Shop didn't have the QX6700 processor until Saturday, so only started the assembly on Saturday. Managed to finish the assembly on Sunday, and when I turned it on, it didn't work! Turned out that I had some connectors wrongly inserted (thank goodness for the Asus Q connector as it allowed me to connect the Power SW, Speaker, LED, HD Activity etc. cables in the right orientation). Turned on and it booted. Tried to install WinXP, but go the blue screen of death. Turned out that I need to have the right drivers. Unfortunately, I don't have a floppy, so cannot proceed with the installation.

Will have to get the floppy today if I want to instal WinXP.

Edited by iandao