Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Runjiarun

Damage after replacing wiring

Hi guys,

Just replaced the entire wiring for my resale flat. The electrician left plenty of holes in the wall, many of which are partial covered by the new wire casings and power sockets. There is even two holes in the aircon pipe casing.

He claimed that the painter (separate contractor) will patch them up. Is this true?

IMG_20161213_183058[1].jpg

IMG_20161213_183046[1].jpg

IMG_20161213_190223[1].jpg

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Normally yes if you have engage a main contractor (and electrician & painter are hired by him).

Otherwise, if you have DIY and engage electrician & painter yourself, then you may be in a spot.

IMO, the electrician workmanship very lousy or he simply don't care. Your third picture is not acceptable to me. Hopefully your painter is for forgiving.

Thanks w7_lee for the advice. Yes my painter and electrician are separate parties.

Just sharing for the sake of other forumers doing electrical works - I made a big fuss and made my electrician come back to patch up the big holes. The painter made it clear to me that they will only patch the holes left behind by screws, nails and some minor cracks due to age, but not leftover damage from dismantling fixtures/wires/casings.

So do take note before paying your electrician.