Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
doraeoink

Power Socket

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

it must be more than 1m away from any water point, like taps. It must also be protected from splashes like w splash cover.

Hi Yoongf,

Thanks for the info. Can I find such info on the HDB website?

toilet cannot have ANY 13amp power socket. except for those 12v types(shaver..etc)

just call up any electrical contractor and ask, they will tell you that.

other than toilets, power sockets must be "dunno 1m or so" away from any water tape.

Edited by MaCe

toilet cannot have ANY 13amp power socket. except for those 12v types(shaver..etc)

just call up any electrical contractor and ask, they will tell you that.

other than toilets, power sockets must be "dunno 1m or so" away from any water tape.

Yes.. I was wrong. U are right. The power socket in the toilet need to be of the isolation transformer kind.

If u ask me, better don't put ANY socket in the toilet. So dangerous, just a bit of water splashed accidentally when u are showering or cleaning/ washing the toilet...that's it man.....

Yes.. I was wrong. U are right. The power socket in the toilet need to be of the isolation transformer kind.

I thought it's ok last time, even told contractor I SAW many sockets in hotel bathroom leh...how come i cannot have....whahahahha

Hotel bathroom kind are the big box kind.. inside got a transformer, that will trip the circuit there and then if got any problem, is also limited to 5A, and also act as a 230-110V step down transformer. Is not uncommon to see ppl have hairdryer right next to the basin.

It depends on electrician / homeowner whether want to be conservative or not lor.

If u ask me, better don't put ANY socket in the toilet. So dangerous, just a bit of water splashed accidentally when u are showering or cleaning/ washing the toilet...that's it man.....

Hmm. will dio short meh.?

masterattachedbath04sl0.jpg

Is it illegal for all buildings, or illegal HDB flats only?

i only ask about my hdb toilet....other types of bldgs i donno.

i only ask about my hdb toilet....other types of bldgs i donno.

Did u ask them if you have a 13A/15A socket for instant heater, and if you accidentally splash on the inter-connect then how.?

IMO, so long your wall socket is not within the shower area, it is still alright. and just make sure the wall socket is at least 1' above floor. And most importantly lightning arrester must be fuctioning and properly grounded.

Did u ask them if you have a 13A/15A socket for instant heater, and if you accidentally splash on the inter-connect then how.?

IMO, so long your wall socket is not within the shower area, it is still alright. and just make sure the wall socket is at least 1' above floor. And most importantly lightning arrester must be fuctioning and properly grounded.

yalor...i initially wanted to have 13a socket in toilet for my exhaust fan.

then they told me NO sockets except those for shavers. heater or exhaust fan can only be installed by means of LIGHTING point, with the **** switch outside toilet.