Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
RyanYTH

Looking for feedback on the 3D design of my HDB BTO 2 room 35sqm (Type 1) flat

u may need another major overhaul after you have view the actual unit... :P

I think your kitchen is quite ambitious, on both sides and not sure if your room can take in the cabinets with the queen size bed. you leave very little walking space in the whole unit.

and note that your main wooden door is opening inwards.

I got this bamboo moving cart from TB. It is very light hence probably cant put too heavy stuff. for your reference: https://ezbuy.sg/Product/Detail?url=https%3a%2f%2fitem.taobao.com%2fitem.htm%3fid%3d41967405663&src=

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
14 minutes ago, mmoh said:

u may need another major overhaul after you have view the actual unit... :P

I think your kitchen is quite ambitious, on both sides and not sure if your room can take in the cabinets with the queen size bed. you leave very little walking space in the whole unit.

and note that your main wooden door is opening inwards.

I got this bamboo moving cart from TB. It is very light hence probably cant put too heavy stuff. for your reference: https://ezbuy.sg/Product/Detail?url=https%3a%2f%2fitem.taobao.com%2fitem.htm%3fid%3d41967405663&src=

Ya I guess so lol. But at least now I have something to visualize,
better then "pointing in the air" when meeting with ID in the future XD

Can't be helped. The makan area is something I really like and I would like to implement it as best as I can.
If the L shape in the bedroom is not workable, then have to compromise by having a ledge storage at the far wall.
Who tell me luck so suay tio only a 35sqm little coffin hole? Meh, if life gives you lemons, design the heck out of it! :D

Yea that's where an ID can come in and give his practical ideas on whether it is feasible or not based on his experience.
I'm not sure if I want to actually go meet ID yet because I haven't even gotten my keys and
I suppose IDs won't bother with people who dun have keys yet I guess?

Main door isn't an issue, its a bug in the prog I think. It opens correctly in the Android app, but opens differently in the PC lol

Bamboo cart looks really nice, and at only $15.56 is really a steal! lol Nice recommendation indeed.

Edited by ryanyth

sorry if i hv been splashing too much of cold water ya :P

I didnt use complicated software, just use ppt to illustrate what i want.

some ID prefer to view actual unit to take measurements as they dun need to waste time n effort but some dun mind to meet up and understand your plan 1st. I met up with my ID and gave him my floor plan and told him what I want. He came out with the quote before viewing actual unit. I change my plan / design and he revise his quotes along the way.

If you are in no hurry to reno and move in asap then u can take ur time. But if u want to reno immediately and move in then u can start talking to ID now.

Cheers!

34 minutes ago, mmoh said:

sorry if i hv been splashing too much of cold water ya :P

I didnt use complicated software, just use ppt to illustrate what i want.

some ID prefer to view actual unit to take measurements as they dun need to waste time n effort but some dun mind to meet up and understand your plan 1st. I met up with my ID and gave him my floor plan and told him what I want. He came out with the quote before viewing actual unit. I change my plan / design and he revise his quotes along the way.

If you are in no hurry to reno and move in asap then u can take ur time. But if u want to reno immediately and move in then u can start talking to ID now.

Cheers!

Hey don't worry about that! :)
Please splash more cold water. I've never done renovation before, but you have, so you know exactly what are the
ups and downs that can happen during renovation. I need someone who have the practical knowledge and experience
to be brutally honest with me and help critique my design and only from here I can learn what is doable and what is not lor.

And honestly the software is really not complicated. If you know how to play videogames, you can use Planner 5D. (with a bit of practice)

I feel like maybe 1 to 2 months before I get key i'll then visit ID to chit chat.

btw, I've made a new 3D design. Literally just take 5 mins click click click remove everything lol.
This one is COMPLETELY STRIPPED OUT of all the extra furnitures, decorations.
This is literally the look when my renovation is completed and everything is bare.
In this design, I have listed out the things that I feel I will need ID's help with in implementing (eg: Curtains lah, cabinets lah, lightings lah etc.)
I included TV and speakers because I will need ID's help to position my sound system and wiring in the false wall lol.
Other things like sofa lah, desk lah I can source on my own no need ID. And this is my actual budget for $18K.

In addition, I have highlighted all the sockets and switches that I think i'll need. Red are Plug Sockets, Blue are Switches to show ID exactly where I may want them.
Waddaya'll think? Its actually quite plain right? The complicated kitchen suddenly don't look that complicated anymore lol~

Link to the Bare Basics:
https://planner5d.com/editor/?key=f45e4afdeb3711a6fb1b2b01d70f0fd3

Edited by ryanyth

curtain u can get supplier separately.

i think 18k is very doable but i didnt do false ceiling cove lights etc so not sure their cost.

sockets and switches u need to see actual unit then decide whether u want to shift or add.

with these fixed items, i still feel your width between dining table and kitchen sink is too narrow. esp if u gonna put a bicycle there.

3 minutes ago, mmoh said:

curtain u can get supplier separately.

i think 18k is very doable but i didnt do false ceiling cove lights etc so not sure their cost.

sockets and switches u need to see actual unit then decide whether u want to shift or add.

with these fixed items, i still feel your width between dining table and kitchen sink is too narrow. esp if u gonna put a bicycle there.

for curtain I think i'll ask ID help look lol. I dun have such lobang, and dunno where got nice curtain lol

Ya agree the width between dining table and sink is very narrow due to the bicycle, but have to see how it goes.
This one really is must check with ID on human dimensions and how it may feel.

The reason why dining table is long because the other person on the kitchen side is too near to the fridge door thus
maybe very tin teh to makan,so I lengthen the table for the person to move over.

I tried swapping position put stove where the fridge is, and fridge all the way
to the window side and I can significantly reduce the dining table length
but looks weird leh, put fridge next to window loL~

Or I could shift table all the way to the main door side, but it in turns make the main door entryway too narrow?

lol, sibeh challenging sia XD
Whoever ID I engage is gonna headache at such a troublesome customer loL!!!

Hi Ryanyth

1. Yes, I agree that the furniture in Star Living & Ki-mono have a nice balance of style & budget. You should take a look at Star Living's branch just a few feet away from Labrador MRT, where there are 3 floors of showrooms. I do agree with mmoh about Vhive, there are some unflattering comments about them on Renotalk.

2. If you are looking for a 2 seater L-shaped sofa, you can consider a modular sofa system from either Comfort Design or Castlery. Both shops also offer some solid wood furniture at decent prices.

3. I assumed that part of your 4.05m wall in your living / dining room is a recessed wall as the darken portion is protruding out.

4. If you are thinking of a floor to ceiling pole system for your HS to maximise space, I think those from Ikea and the defunct Howard's involve drilling into the walls which is a big HDB no-no. The Living Star pole system uses tension rods instead. Some Home-Fix stores have such a system set up in their stores.

18 minutes ago, 2Roomer said:

Hi Ryanyth

1. Yes, I agree that the furniture in Star Living & Ki-mono have a nice balance of style & budget. You should take a look at Star Living's branch just a few feet away from Labrador MRT, where there are 3 floors of showrooms. I do agree with mmoh about Vhive, there are some unflattering comments about them on Renotalk.

2. If you are looking for a 2 seater L-shaped sofa, you can consider a modular sofa system from either Comfort Design or Castlery. Both shops also offer some solid wood furniture at decent prices.

3. I assumed that part of your 4.05m wall in your living / dining room is a recessed wall as the darken portion is protruding out.

4. If you are thinking of a floor to ceiling pole system for your HS to maximise space, I think those from Ikea and the defunct Howard's involve drilling into the walls which is a big HDB no-no. The Living Star pole system uses tension rods instead. Some Home-Fix stores have such a system set up in their stores.

Before I reply. Wait ar, Star Living and Living Star are 2 separate entities right?
I thought you misspelt them lol. Paiseh I heard of Star Living, but never heard of Living Star. :D Where are they based at? 

1) omg yes I visited Star Living Labrador MRT branch by accident actually, didn't even know there was such a big branch there,
and I was like a kid in a candy store!!! HAHAHA!!!! :D Star Living reps if you are still around by the time I get my keys, I will shop your place until I drop!! :D
I haven't buy from Vhive before, but I do like their designs, very angular, very my kind of style. Buy a few furnitures from them gamble abit. If really terok then drop them lor. Anyway the items i'm buying are just chairs and bookshelves, nothing too expensive or fancy.

2) Heard of Comfort Design and Castlery, but wow aren't they very atas? Upwards of at least 2.5K++ for a sofa right? Pls correct me if i'm wrong.
Personally I've given up hope on L-shape 2 seater, and instead going for a 2 seater + ottoman leg-rest+storage. Modular somemore.

3) Yea that recessed wall is there for that stupid HDB DB box lor. Dunno which cockanaden thought its so genius to put a DB Box there lol.
Apparently they wised up and shifted the DB Box elsewhere in later 2 room designs. Sigh...curse my luck suay kena this kind of stupid HDB designer. :(
Luck so suay already kena a pathetic 35sqm, now still gotta find solutions how to arrange furniture to cater to this db box lol. I doubt IDs can do anything, since this is a non-movable DB box after all flanked with concrete somemore. Grrrr so kek sim. :(

4) My friend got from Howard and it didn't need any drilling at all. Literally just set it up and prop it in place.
Will need to shop around more for the ones you mentioned thanks! That said, some Home-Fix items like super expensive (Eg: $300+ for a shaving mirror??)
and some are affordable. Hopefully their pole system are affordable (tho I doubt it lol)

Edited by ryanyth

26 minutes ago, ryanyth said:

for curtain I think i'll ask ID help look lol. I dun have such lobang, and dunno where got nice curtain lol

i can give u my curtain supplier if u want. the colour is suggested by him. I wouldnt have chosen this colour though but the designer friends aka @MsBunny and @Wild Ginger felt it is a good choice so... :D mine is thick night curtain. living room and bed room at $500. add roller blind at the bathroom window at $100 so total $600.

1 minute ago, mmoh said:

i can give u my curtain supplier if u want. the colour is suggested by him. I wouldnt have chosen this colour though but the designer friends aka @MsBunny and @Wild Ginger felt it is a good choice so... :D mine is thick night curtain. living room and bed room at $500. add roller blind at the bathroom window at $100 so total $600.

Steady lah mmoh! :D

Once again paiseh have to trouble you PM me your curtain supplier contact hahaha.
Curtains i'm looking for will hopefully also do some acoustic effect maybe? because I planning to set up a home theatre speaker system.
Can also discuss on what sort of curtain best to trap aircon hehehe :D
Thanks again!!!

Btw: What is "Night Curtain"?? Black colour is it?
$600 sounds like a reasonable price for the whole house.

night curtain as in 100% blocking out light. mostly dark colours. u know in hotel they normally have 2 layers, 1 thick one and the other thin (mostly white). thick is the night curtain while thin one is the day curtain. 

Cozy Corner.jpg

• Like 1

Hi Ryanyth

Didn't realise about Living Star & Star Living until you pointed it out. You can search for the Living Star flexible wardrobe system in Lazada SG. It is a bit expensive just for a few poles.

For Comfort Design & Castlery, just go to their website and look at their products and prices, you will be pleasantly surprised. 

14 minutes ago, mmoh said:

night curtain as in 100% blocking out light. mostly dark colours. u know in hotel they normally have 2 layers, 1 thick one and the other thin (mostly white). thick is the night curtain while thin one is the day curtain. 

Cozy Corner.jpg

Ah ok, noted on the night curtain info.
For me, i'm going for dark blue, or dark velvet like cinema look for my curtains lol.

Your colour coordination very nice, woody theme feel.
Gives a warm fuzzy feeling when looking at the picture :D
btw whats that recessed area to the left? Is that a hidden TV?

Edited by ryanyth

7 minutes ago, 2Roomer said:

Hi Ryanyth

Didn't realise about Living Star & Star Living until you pointed it out. You can search for the Living Star flexible wardrobe system in Lazada SG. It is a bit expensive just for a few poles.

For Comfort Design & Castlery, just go to their website and look at their products and prices, you will be pleasantly surprised. 

Noted. Thanks for the heads up! :)

Just now, ryanyth said:

btw whats that recessed area to the left? Is that a hidden TV?

that place was planned for monitor / tv.