Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
hasibee

Any Recommendation For Movers ?

My parents place is gonna go thru some major reno, mainly in the living room and the 2 bedrooms. We have furnitures / Electricals that needs to be packed, moved, stored and redeliver/unpack back to the hse aft the reno is over. Storage will be for approximately 1 week. Anyone has any movers in mind to recommend and also any estimation on how much it will cost ?

There are so many movers in the market, i don't know who to start from. Some of them are quoting around 500 plus. Is that the market price now ? Don't u think it's a bit too expensive ? I really have no idea... i need help badly.... The items to move are listed below.

2 Queen size Bedsframes with mattresses

1 Dressing table

2 side tables

1 tv console

1 tv rack

1 computer table

2 Wardrobes

1 small cupboard (Atta)

1 long showcase display

6 dining chairs

Electrical things:

1 Philips radio

1 29" Sony TV

2 DVD players

1 VCD player

1 SCV cable setup box

1 linksys router

1 motorola voice cable modem

1 HP all in 1 printer

1 stand fan

Need around 15-20 boxes to pack cloths and other stuffs

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
My parents place is gonna go thru some major reno, mainly in the living room and the 2 bedrooms. We have furnitures / Electricals that needs to be packed, moved, stored and redeliver/unpack back to the hse aft the reno is over. Storage will be for approximately 1 week. Anyone has any movers in mind to recommend and also any estimation on how much it will cost ?

There are so many movers in the market, i don't know who to start from. Some of them are quoting around 500 plus. Is that the market price now ? Don't u think it's a bit too expensive ? I really have no idea... i need help badly.... The items to move are listed below.

2 Queen size Bedsframes with mattresses

1 Dressing table

2 side tables

1 tv console

1 tv rack

1 computer table

2 Wardrobes

1 small cupboard (Atta)

1 long showcase display

6 dining chairs

Electrical things:

1 Philips radio

1 29" Sony TV

2 DVD players

1 VCD player

1 SCV cable setup box

1 linksys router

1 motorola voice cable modem

1 HP all in 1 printer

1 stand fan

Need around 15-20 boxes to pack cloths and other stuffs

I used CitiMap to store my stuffs for 4mths, Kenny charges me $150/mth + transport.

I used CitiMap to store my stuffs for 4mths, Kenny charges me $150/mth + transport.
Wow great, can PM me Kenny's number ?

I got quote from A-One movers. They quoted me $600 for moving and return, plus $10 per day for storage. So expensive la.....

Wow great, can PM me Kenny's number ?

I got quote from A-One movers. They quoted me $600 for moving and return, plus $10 per day for storage. So expensive la.....

flip the classified ads, he runs is ad there.

Yeah, my friend's colleague and my sister used them and happy with their service :D

flip the classified ads, he runs is ad there.
I bought strait times yday but didn't see any ad by CitiMap in the classifieds. It will be good if u can PM me his number... I will buy newspaper tdy and see if have or not.

I bought strait times yday but didn't see any ad by CitiMap in the classifieds. It will be good if u can PM me his number... I will buy newspaper tdy and see if have or not.

I have been using him for past 3-4yrs of moving, so got 3 of his mobile, not sure which is the latest number he is using.

81001011 < I think is this

Wow great. Thanks alot. I checked Classified yday and couldn't find his number. I've spoken to him and he will be coming down to take a look at the items later this evening. Thanks so much for your help.

I have been using him for past 3-4yrs of moving, so got 3 of his mobile, not sure which is the latest number he is using.

81001011 < I think is this

Hi GMC,

Spoke to Kenny, he referred me to his colleague Joseph. They came down to look at our hse and quoted. Price is quite reasonable. So i've decided to engage them. Thanks alot for recommending. He kept asking who gave his number. I told him it's thru forum, not sure wat's ur real name :bow: Thanks very much. :paint:

Hi GMC,

Spoke to Kenny, he referred me to his colleague Joseph. They came down to look at our hse and quoted. Price is quite reasonable. So i've decided to engage them. Thanks alot for recommending. He kept asking who gave his number. I told him it's thru forum, not sure wat's ur real name :bow: Thanks very much. :paint:

That'ss good, BTW, how much he charges u.?

That'ss good, BTW, how much he charges u.?
He charging me $670 for both trips. Storage, $10 per day

He charging me $670 for both trips. Storage, $10 per day

moving furnitures normally more ex than moving cartons..

Hi, hope to ride on this thread for another question of mine:

I need to move a few furniture from my parents' place to my new replacement flat. The irritating thing is that its too far to walk but too short to drive, only about 2-min ride.

Will the movers charge me the same rate, or can it be cheaper? Its only a wardrobe, a simple study table, the queen-sized bed and other personal effects packed in cartons.

Hi, hope to ride on this thread for another question of mine:

I need to move a few furniture from my parents' place to my new replacement flat. The irritating thing is that its too far to walk but too short to drive, only about 2-min ride.

Will the movers charge me the same rate, or can it be cheaper? Its only a wardrobe, a simple study table, the queen-sized bed and other personal effects packed in cartons.

I don't think they will charge u full trip like others. Should be cheaper. For all u know, maybe they will carry it over instead of driving.