Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Air

Help! Hdb Permit To Carry Out Reno

Good for you! I'm also waiting for HDB's approval. Hopefully it will be fast, or else I will call and make noise too. My ID said that if HDB doesn't approve within a week, owner should call to chase them. Contractor chase not much use one.

Actually, by right, since the contractors are in charge of submitting our permit, shouldn't they be chasing HDB instead of us?? Anyway, calling HDB to make noise does help. They definitely sped things up for my case, otherwise i won't know how long I would have to wait. I filled in their feedback form on their website and wrote a very frustrated feedback. The next day, the officer called me to explain and 2 days later, he called me back to say approved liao.

You might want to try calling them to expedite. For me, 2 weeks wait is definitely too long liao.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Good for you! I'm also waiting for HDB's approval. Hopefully it will be fast, or else I will call and make noise too. My ID said that if HDB doesn't approve within a week, owner should call to chase them. Contractor chase not much use one.

HDB officer just called me to inform me that they have approved my permit le!!!! I SO HAPPY!!! RENO STARTING SOON!!!! :sport-smiley-004::sport-smiley-004::sport-smiley-004:

yeap... mine took i think a total of two weeks, best still halfway thro, my original TO in charge of my block met an accident and so had to transfer his work to his colleague.

And in the end I had two different approvals boy. Dont know what to do know. Original TO say can block up kitchen entrance cos got new fire escape route. New TO say cannot.

I call and kow peh every two days say I really am urgent cos I have to move really soon if not " are u gonna let me sleep over" clause.

Haiz...you are in the same predicament as me. I also wrote in to complain saying that any delay is a cost to us home owners. First, my key collection was dragged for more than 3months when it's supposed to be WIS, shd be very fast, then now this!:dancingqueen: So sick of waiting...the officer yest had told me that he already expedite the process and will approve yest or today. Till now, I still haven't heard from my ID that it's approved already!:notti: I duno when my reno can start!!

From the day of applying flat to collecting keys to reno date till now already 7 months and my reno now supposedly to start now cannot start!:notti: I am so upset and fed up. :bleah::help:

yeap... mine took i think a total of two weeks, best still halfway thro, my original TO in charge of my block met an accident and so had to transfer his work to his colleague.

And in the end I had two different approvals boy. Dont know what to do know. Original TO say can block up kitchen entrance cos got new fire escape route. New TO say cannot.

I call and kow peh every two days say I really am urgent cos I have to move really soon if not " are u gonna let me sleep over" clause.

I wrote to HDB to ask them to expedite the process and they called me back to clarify what is taking them so long. Apparently, they wanted my ID to amend the drawings cos not correct. My ID informed me this is the 3rd time they submitted the amendments to them already. HDB said they will expedite and will approve today or tomorrow.....haiz!:D Waited for so long for reno to start then now about time le, cannot start!! Very bek chek...... !! !! :jawdrop:

haiz....everyone goes thru this....just LOOK at the bright side....

better give the hdb branch a call personally. Try to look for the technical officer in charge of your block.

I wrote to HDB to ask them to expedite the process and they called me back to clarify what is taking them so long. Apparently, they wanted my ID to amend the drawings cos not correct. My ID informed me this is the 3rd time they submitted the amendments to them already. HDB said they will expedite and will approve today or tomorrow.....haiz!:D Waited for so long for reno to start then now about time le, cannot start!! Very bek chek...... !! !! :jawdrop:

better give the hdb branch a call personally. Try to look for the technical officer in charge of your block.

hmmm...not sure why issit taking so long...

for mine, it was approved within 3 working days. Somemore that period is during Xmas and New Year, it takes only 3 days.

Think depend on the TO who is taking care on your area...

My ID just informed me that the HDB permit hasn't been approved despite having him applied it 2 weeks ago. I am only doing one hacking work, which is half a kitchen wall to replace the top portion with glass and the other side of the wall hacked to inclucde a glass door. As far as I'm aware, these are not structural beams nor will it affect the building structure.

The HDB officer told my ID that they are pending the approval from engineer and architect. Now my reno schedule is being delayed again. It was supposed to start next week. Frankly speaking, I'm already v tired abt the whole reno thing. After waiting for so long to start the reno, HDB still hasn't approved the reno works and we can't go ahead.

Can I know how long they will usually take to approve? Will calling them to chase them help?!

Many thanks for advice!!