Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
nunu

Bo N Go

Have been going through this forum since last Sep. Simply fascinated by some of the homes done up here. I can feel the excitement of collecting keys to my E.A on 31st March. Whoo hoo :notti: As recommended by fellow forummers, I have approached Benedict from Earnest for a quotation. We only met up to discuss our needs and wants a month ago. Will be meeting him for the initial quotation this weekend. Geez.. Just can't wait. Hope it falls within our budget. I've wanted to get some advice from you guys. Cos Ben told me that we should do away with L-Box and false ceiling as it's too common. Thought the whole house might look empty and wierd. What do you think?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

depends on ur budget.. if using normal lights is quite ok for u then go for it.. dont forget those "normal" lights can cost abit too.. depending on design and country...

8| ask ben to propose what is not so uncommon... :notti:

anyway welcome aboard :(

welcome nunu!

where is your EA located? we met up with benedict when we were scouting for quotes too. he seems like a nice person. any idea what you wan for your place yet? as in themes etc...

:idea:

Hi Joyz, my place is at Sembawang. Actually me and hubby wanted a modern contemporary look for your home but because we wanted matt homogeneous flooring for the whole house, Benedict said that it's more to the resort feel. We're not exactly sure yet. But we do love black tempered glass for our feature wall and dining table. Love the orh orh look :( . To be frank, we didn't look for many IDs as most of them didn't get back to us. If Benedict is able to give us a quote within our range, we'll just go ahead. How about you?

Hi Joyz, my place is at Sembawang. Actually me and hubby wanted a modern contemporary look for your home but because we wanted matt homogeneous flooring for the whole house, Benedict said that it's more to the resort feel. We're not exactly sure yet. But we do love black tempered glass for our feature wall and dining table. Love the orh orh look :sport-smiley-004: . To be frank, we didn't look for many IDs as most of them didn't get back to us. If Benedict is able to give us a quote within our range, we'll just go ahead. How about you?

Hi nunu, congratulations on your new flat!

I think it's better for you to get a few other quotes before u sign up with ID. You will be surprised as u approached and talked to several IDs, u will have new ideas, new knowledge... and different ID, different way of quoting/designing/style/attitude. Pls dun settle with just 1 quote. :sport-smiley-004:

I have approached 10+ IDs and only gotten 7 quotes in the end. Now im in the midst of 'selecting' between 2 very positive attitude IDs. Tough decision sia...

Hi nunu, congratulations on your new flat!

I think it's better for you to get a few other quotes before u sign up with ID. You will be surprised as u approached and talked to several IDs, u will have new ideas, new knowledge... and different ID, different way of quoting/designing/style/attitude. Pls dun settle with just 1 quote. :yamseng:

I have approached 10+ IDs and only gotten 7 quotes in the end. Now im in the midst of 'selecting' between 2 very positive attitude IDs. Tough decision sia...

Hi Allo, I do agree with what you have advised. We have sent out requests for quotations to several companies but few replied. We have approached the "popular" IDs recommended by the forums. Gplan was out cos we were "rejected". Interior Design didn't get back and we thought the quote might exceed our budget anyway. Only left with Baroque and Earnest. We felt very comfortable with Ben so thought we might just leave our reno to him.

Hi Allo, I do agree with what you have advised. We have sent out requests for quotations to several companies but few replied. We have approached the "popular" IDs recommended by the forums. Gplan was out cos we were "rejected". Interior Design didn't get back and we thought the quote might exceed our budget anyway. Only left with Baroque and Earnest. We felt very comfortable with Ben so thought we might just leave our reno to him.

I see. Perhaps you need to walk in and look for them instead of just sending email or call? Me too, some ID just MIA after u talked to them once about your requirements... frustrated right?? I think im one of the lucky one which din bump onto too many 'walls' in my ID search. In fact i've to make a decision today/tomorror of which ID to choose... Im glad i still have 2 very nice IDs to choose from in the end...

Whats your budget to work on?

Hi Joyz, my place is at Sembawang. Actually me and hubby wanted a modern contemporary look for your home but because we wanted matt homogeneous flooring for the whole house, Benedict said that it's more to the resort feel. We're not exactly sure yet. But we do love black tempered glass for our feature wall and dining table. Love the orh orh look :notti: . To be frank, we didn't look for many IDs as most of them didn't get back to us. If Benedict is able to give us a quote within our range, we'll just go ahead. How about you?

Wao...Hi Good luck in finding the best ID for your reno..I also got a house in Sembawang too...a resale 5rm flat..still waiting for my Loan to be approve..so where are you staying at?Is it a new one or resale?

Anyway good luck.... !! :yamseng:

We only have a budget not exceeding 30k for the reno (excluding furnishings). Yup. We'll see if we can get more quotations before signing on one. Hi Hirox, my place is @ Wellington Circle and it's a new flat from last year's WIS.

We only have a budget not exceeding 30k for the reno (excluding furnishings). Yup. We'll see if we can get more quotations before signing on one. Hi Hirox, my place is @ Wellington Circle and it's a new flat from last year's WIS.

Hey nunu, take your time to look for the ID of your choice. Then I tell you a secret...pls don't tell your prospective IDs that your budget is $30k. Give them a figure like $20k...cos when u get ur quote eventually, it'll hit 30k. But if you say ur budget is $30k, then you knw lah.. :)

Oh that area very good...near the market..and the view also not bad..good buy leh...mine is near the police station there..3 min walk from sunplaza..Ya totally agree with ivory..do not tell them your actual buget..tell them 20K then you got more space to work on.. :):dancingqueen:

$30k is a good budget for EA... how come u gotten back only 1 quote?

When im scouting for quotes for my EA flat... i only declare my budget is $25K. Think my luck not bad... still got 7IDs willing to quote me, haha.... if u need contacts, then PM me bah. :)

Yah.. u should get more qoutes from more ID so u can compare not only the price but also their designs, ideas and workmanship.

Weelington circle is near my mum's place. Tot of getting a flat there during the WIS last year but hubby was fussy. Don't want near rubbish chute or lift, and needs sunlight to come in the drying clothes area. At last, we did not choose any..haha :)

Hubby and I met Benedict for the quotation yest. Can say we are pretty satisfied. Final quote was 28K. We were thinking we will go for him if he could include a false ceiling for the living area for 29K. Haiz.. just couldn't accept if there isn't cos our living/dining is very empty. We are having a tv/entertainment room in our study room as our "living" so the initial living area will only have a dining table. Hope he can adjust the cost to our request.