Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
stdout

Hollow Walls

Mine is a new flat at punggol, the block is 3 years old, my unit is the last one left unsold

went to check last week

discovered 3 walls hollow, very obvious. can hear loud hollow echo when compared to adjacent solid walls

:)

question now is

1) is this normal? some ppl tell me its normal...really?

2) what will HDB do? will they chut pattern n deny?

3) if they do rectify? will they wack n re-erect??

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi,

I have also brought a new flat but is 5 yr old and find some of my kitchen n bathroom wall tiles is hollow. So we just fill in the defect list n pass it to hdb and they send their contractor down to our hse to change the hallow tiles. So dun worry jus let hdb know n they will fix it for u :yamseng:

Some walls are meant to be hollow... unless they are those structural beams (the dark lines in the floor plan), otherwise thoes bedroom walls, are contructed using hollow blocks...

Oh sorry i know what u mean :dunno:

agree, some walls are meant to be hollow. u can see from the floorplan mah. black colours are structural beams, so are very solid. the rest will be hollow. :dunno: am i right?

Erm, what exactly is your concerns with the hollow walls? Are you worried that they will fall off, or...?

Do raise your concerns accordingly to HDB, and let them address those concerns directly. If you tell HDB people that you are complaining because of the 'hollow-ness' in the walls, likelihood is they will just reply its nothing wrong.

Edited by zirhk3355

thanks for the replies :)

just to note, hollow blocks != hollow walls. For those wackable struturals (non black lines) in floor plan, those are not equivalent to hollow walls also. those walls are jus pure non key structural units that can be wacked w/o affected the structural integrity of the building. Its still proper brick/sand and cement.

i have alot of issues with HDB with regard to hollow walls. I feel that i m jus exercising my right as a consumer, and i m not behaving like a typical fussy singapore consumer. housing in SG is not cheap....how will u feel if when u knock on ur bedroom wall, which is suppose to be concrete, it sounds and feels like that of a office partition, or those makeshifts cupboard type that u see at convention halls? u literally can feel echo coming out of the wall. I welcome visitors to my flat for a trial if you guys are interested :)

The best thing is, 1 portion sounds concrete, immedietaly inches away it sounds hollow...now..tell me..is that normal? some may live by it...i cannot, coz its too obvious a problem to me... :thumbs up:

anyway..i have friends whom complained of similar stuff....HDB wack n re-erect the walls for them. :D

Sorry if I sounded like downplaying your concerns, but having dealt with such stat boards often, I know how they can taiji all the way if you do not have a good reason for your demands. :D

Just offering my 2 cents' worth as to how you can get them to give you what you want... !!

anyway..i have friends whom complained of similar stuff....HDB wack n re-erect the walls for them. :P

If this is the case, then perhaps you might like to investigate further into details as to how your friends had gotten the HDB to re-erect the walls for them, and use the same reason/s that your friends might as given to HDB. Give them a preceding case and they cannot run or give any excuse as to why they dowan to do it for you this time. :D

Good luck! :bangwall:

The best thing is, 1 portion sounds concrete, immedietaly inches away it sounds hollow...now..tell me..is that normal? some may live by it...i cannot, coz its too obvious a problem to me... :bangwall:

this is ridiculous.... !!

better do as what zirhk3355 has suggested...preceding case or something to prove.

Sorry if I sounded like downplaying your concerns, but having dealt with such stat boards often, I know how they can taiji all the way if you do not have a good reason for your demands. :P

Just offering my 2 cents' worth as to how you can get them to give you what you want... :D

If this is the case, then perhaps you might like to investigate further into details as to how your friends had gotten the HDB to re-erect the walls for them, and use the same reason/s that your friends might as given to HDB. Give them a preceding case and they cannot run or give any excuse as to why they dowan to do it for you this time. :)

Good luck! :bangwall:

no worries... :D ya..dealing wif stats boards not ez...i also have my fair share of experiences with these red tapes infested ppl..ha ha !!

anyway..HDB is sending someone up to my place tomolo to access...i wan to c what "excuses" they give me.....will keep u guys updated :P

not sure if stdout is referring to me...:)

I had a portion of hollow area in the structural wall (not the whole wall though)...where you knock on that particular area, it is very obvious it is hollow....I din explain much to the HD* people as the knocking sound explains everything....they were straightforward enuff (*surprisingly*) for this case and offered to hack the affected area and make right the wall. (take note not the whole wall as it is a structural wall, they should not hack off the whole thing)...

Good luck stdout... ;)

not sure if stdout is referring to me...:)

I had a portion of hollow area in the structural wall (not the whole wall though)...where you knock on that particular area, it is very obvious it is hollow....I din explain much to the HD* people as the knocking sound explains everything....they were straightforward enuff (*surprisingly*) for this case and offered to hack the affected area and make right the wall. (take note not the whole wall as it is a structural wall, they should not hack off the whole thing)...

Good luck stdout... :)

not only u....my gf friend also...amk new flat somemore.....the husband go n bang table and HDB wack and erect the wall for em.....i got 2 cases to prove my point..... ;)