Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Hello everyone, I need your help in choosing gutters for my home. We have had issue with clogged gutter the last 2 years so this time we have decided to install a gutter protection system. We need it installed before autumn. 
We have a metal roof so we need a gutter protection suitable for that. First I thought to install plastic screens, I could do it myself and it is economical. But my cousin spoke to me against it. He has installed it in his home but the plastic got damaged in the extreme weather. Also small debris like seeds, flower pollens etc can still go into these gutters and it is very difficult to clean them.
So now I am thinking of installing a galvanized steel gutter. My first plan was to do a DIY installation but I was advised by my friends against it.  So I need to speak to a gutter installation company about this, but before that I need to finalize the type. Is galvanized copper the best option? Do you have any other suggestions.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Just asked the same question on a different forum. Thanks for the recommendation. I need to install new gutters and do some fascia works and I hope to get this done by October

Doing the repairs yourself really isn't the best idea. You also said that you have problems with the gutter. So it is better to get professional advice. Otherwise, you will probably end up with the same thing as before, if not worse. Why do you need to put yourself to extra work? The installers will definitely cost you less than your nerves. The only exception is if you are a trustworthy handyman and this kind of work gives you a lot of pleasure. My answer is that I have already had the unfortunate experience of trying to figure it all out myself. I don't want to step on the same rake again, and I don't want you to.