Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Han Wei Aw

Built-in carpentry installation before vinyl flooring

Hi everyone,

Does the laying of vinyl flooring comes before or after carpentry installation?

My ID mentioned they will install the built-in carpentry first, after which they will lay the vinyl tiles to prevent any damages to the vinyl tiles. Which means there will be no vinyl flooring underneath the built-in carpentry. My ID will return back the remaining unused vinyl as spare.

Is this a normal practice?

Please advise.

Thank you.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

check if they do count in the sqft for the entire room or they minus out the sqft for those area that has carpentry. my usual practice is install the entire plae and carpentry will sit on it for nicer overall touch. 

to minimise risk of scratching, install vinyl the day before carpentry or concurrently install if there are not many carpentry or just lay floor protection again to protect

11 hours ago, superk888 said:

check if they do count in the sqft for the entire room or they minus out the sqft for those area that has carpentry. my usual practice is install the entire plae and carpentry will sit on it for nicer overall touch. 

to minimise risk of scratching, install vinyl the day before carpentry or concurrently install if there are not many carpentry or just lay floor protection again to protect

Thanks. Think I will just ask them to lay before any carpentry work.

The problem with laying vinyl under the carpentry is that in future, if you want to replace your vinyl flooring (it's not as durable as tiles), it's problematic. If cut round the base of the carpentry it will affect the look and then the remaining plastic will still stay trapped under the built-in furniture.