Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tingshen

2 Compressors Sharing A 20a Aircon Power Point In Hdb, Possible?

I am getting a 24KBtu/h Panasonic Envio single split for living/dining area and a system3 20.5KBtu/h for my 3 bedrooms. Mine is a HDB and the given outdoor aircon power point is only 20A.

According to the specifications given by Panasonic website, the 24KBtu/h model is taking 9.7A wheares the 20.5KBtu/h model would suck up 8.3A max (when 3 indoor units are turned on at the same time).

Since the total maximum current used by these 2 compressors is 18A, would the 20A aircon power point be enough to drive both compressors? Or I have to use the indoor aircon power point for 1 of the compressors? Is the specifications given by Panasonic reliable? According to my aircon man, this is the very first time he heard people staying in HDB wanna install a 24KBtu/h single split unit.....but based on his calculation, my living/dining areas do need such a big capacity (22KBtu) to cool down the place especially when it's crowded.

Thanks a lot for your feedback :)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

It will be safe to have one switch for each compressor. Main unit one switch and system 3 will be the other switch.

I bet that ur air-con contrator is shock to hear that 24000BTU in lving room and dining room. :dunno:

Do check what ur contractor gives you for ur installation. Like the trunkings, wire core etc etc... :)

revive this thread.. anyone doing 2 compressors also? seems like a good idea to me for those with existing system 3 and just wanna add air-con in livng room...

Hope guys can advise any problem with hdb approval.

Thanks.

Seems like no one is talking about this or no one is using this idea? I am currently looking at this issue also.... some contractor says can, some says cannot, some says will void agent warranty...... but according to calculation, system 3 plus a system 1 x 18btu definitely not exceeding 20A given nowadays inverter aircon uses less power.

Can some give some useful input? HDB website doesn't mentioned anything about this but it does says as long as the total power does not exceed the 20A isolator rating.

Even if u on both, it will not exceed the 20amp.

Sys 3 inverter uses ard 8amp.

24k sys 1 uses 9amp.

Total < 20 amp.

But its advisable to have 2 for safety reasons as not to overload the 2.5mm cables from the MCB.