Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Hi guys, 

I am getting my bto flat next year. Wish to extend my hdb bto toilet. 

Wish to ask if anyone has wrote in to hdb and done this successfully before? I dont mind voiding the warranty and do waterproofing on the extended areas. 

Also appreciate if anyone has a letter template to write in to HDB on this too. 

Thanks much! 

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
On ‎12‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 11:32 AM, BudgetLP said:

Hi guys, 

I am getting my bto flat next year. Wish to extend my hdb bto toilet. 

Wish to ask if anyone has wrote in to hdb and done this successfully before? I dont mind voiding the warranty and do waterproofing on the extended areas. 

Also appreciate if anyone has a letter template to write in to HDB on this too. 

Thanks much! 

I guess you could request to some contractor and ask ba, they would actually know how to settle for you 

Not easy. Resale can negotiate with the help of permit submission but BTO definitely nono due to the warranty even if you volunteer to void the waterproofing. They have a specification of 200mm from the floor level to be kept untouched. Even if they let you hack a particular wall, you are to adhere to keeping 200mm of the hacked wall intact (so it's kind of pointless) . Even if they approve the extension for resale HDBs, the extended area can only be used for 'dry activities', like vanity or walkway rather than for the shower itself.