Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kensanctuary

Where To Choose Tile ?

Hee ! I went to SBH today and I love so many of the tiles.. so prettyyyy :unsure: ! anyway, the 2nd level still work in progress so didn't go there.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

My id gave me a $3/psf limit to the homo tile I can purchase for my living room. Me and Hub went to SBH to take a look at the wider range. We found out that almost all the tiles are above $3 after including GST. I called up id to check if we can have the near white polished homo ($3.15 w GST) but he mentioned no cos SBH will charge them ard $4 for the same tile (marked up). Is this true? Initially, he told us we cant have matt cos it also costs $4 but SBH only stated $2 plus for some designs.

Hee ! I went to SBH today and I love so many of the tiles.. so prettyyyy :bleah: ! anyway, the 2nd level still work in progress so didn't go there.

work in progress ?? is it the whole 2nd level or only part of it... because there are many different types of display there... they might be just changing some of them...have U check with the staff whether can go up ??

My id gave me a $3/psf limit to the homo tile I can purchase for my living room. Me and Hub went to SBH to take a look at the wider range. We found out that almost all the tiles are above $3 after including GST. I called up id to check if we can have the near white polished homo ($3.15 w GST) but he mentioned no cos SBH will charge them ard $4 for the same tile (marked up). Is this true? Initially, he told us we cant have matt cos it also costs $4 but SBH only stated $2 plus for some designs.

Mark up ?? my ID told me that SBH would not charge them GST... so ID is getting the tiles at a cheaper price... and if U want the tiles >$3... just top up the different right ??

Edited by HSH21

work in progress ?? is it the whole 2nd level or only part of it... because there are many different types of display there... they might be just changing some of them...have U check with the staff whether can go up ??

Mark up ?? my ID told me that SBH would not charge them GST... so ID is getting the tiles at a cheaper price... and if U want the tiles >$3... just top up the different right ??

That's the problem. Sounds very fishy when we heard the id said that. Thought they will get a cheaper rate than us buying the tiles ourselves. We thought it's only topping up the diff. We like this homo tile which costs $3.15 but id told us SBH will sell to him at $4. :rolleyes:

That's the problem. Sounds very fishy when we heard the id said that. Thought they will get a cheaper rate than us buying the tiles ourselves. We thought it's only topping up the diff. We like this homo tile which costs $3.15 but id told us SBH will sell to him at $4. :rolleyes:

then ask him how much more U need to pay for the tiles U like lor... or U ask SBH how much they sell the tiles to the ID and bring you ID there to comfirm the price...

initially went i went up, everything seems to be in a mess so i didn't venture further. went again yesterday and a salesman, Alex, accompanied us upstairs and showed us around. Wow ! Some of the concepts are really nice :thumbs up: ! In the end, all my tiles are from SBH :sport-smiley-018:

That's the problem. Sounds very fishy when we heard the id said that. Thought they will get a cheaper rate than us buying the tiles ourselves. We thought it's only topping up the diff. We like this homo tile which costs $3.15 but id told us SBH will sell to him at $4. :sport-smiley-018:

Brother.. one suggestion.. drop your ID. I have never heard of such nonsense.. even when i talked to salesperson in SBH they said they will charge ID slightly cheaper.. i never heard will charge higher.. maybe you should buy for your ID then? hee..

drop your ID la.. few dollars for tiles also want to cheat.. I dunno what will happen for your other stuff man!

Brother.. one suggestion.. drop your ID. I have never heard of such nonsense.. even when i talked to salesperson in SBH they said they will charge ID slightly cheaper.. i never heard will charge higher.. maybe you should buy for your ID then? hee..

drop your ID la.. few dollars for tiles also want to cheat.. I dunno what will happen for your other stuff man!

I don't think he's such a person. Will check with SBH and id before coming to conclusion.

I got all my tiles from SBH too :rolleyes:

got 3 branches

toh guan branches

Soon Bee Huat is just behind the imm that area..is the largest showroom attached with mock up and variety tiles of selection

NO.3.A TOH GUAN ROAD EAST

Those prices that you stated is as per display price or after you bargained with SBH?

Usually when ID say give you $3psf, they are referring to the display prices in the showroom. So once you had chosen, they will go get the tiles at lower price, and they earn the difference from there.

Thus, if the display price is $3.15 psf, you ID cannot be getting at $4psf lah! Think there might be some misunderstanding somewhere lor...

Edited by zirhk3355

go down to Eng Bee & Co PTE. LTD @ 54/56 sungei kadut loop.

call 62932266 ask for judy, a very nice and patient lady.

u will be surprise @ the prices when compared to those @ balestier :sport-smiley-003::dancingqueen::bangwall:

Hi All,

Which tile shop has more tiles and price within range of $3? And also which has nicer or better quality tiles?

1. Whitehorse

2. SBH

3. Hafary

4. Daugress

Thanks..

got my tiles from hup kiong

i prefer their tiles :P

do check out all the shops coz though most carry more or less the same design, there might be one design you love and only available in one shop :P

I think you ID con you to that. All tiles price at SBH is fixed whether selling to walk-in customer or ID. In fact ID should have some rebate which they are supporting them for long term. To me, I won't care if there is any rebate to my contractor as I believe this is what they should deserve as long as I get what I want. Even if I buy direct from SBH, I might not enjoy any rebate or discount, so might as well let my contractor earn some petrol money