Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
imzz

Recommendation for lift

Hi folks,

In the process of designing a new house and we have decided to put in a lift. My architect designed a lift with a glass shaft and so far the quotation for the lift alone came back at about 60k. Some helpful bros in this forum has recommended me their lift vendors but the quotation is fairly high as well. Does anyone installed lift with glass shaft before or has any lift vendors to recommend? Please share with me your experience? I am hoping to bring the cost of lift down to 50k ish. Thanks!

Imzz

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Can share the contacts of your lift suppliers you got quotes from? I’m also looking for lift for my new house and hope to get a few more quotes.

I guess the higher cost could be due to the glass lift shaft which I presume the lift supplier of providing. If you change to non-glass might be cheaper. 

10 hours ago, snoozee said:

Can share the contacts of your lift suppliers you got quotes from? I’m also looking for lift for my new house and hope to get a few more quotes.

I guess the higher cost could be due to the glass lift shaft which I presume the lift supplier of providing. If you change to non-glass might be cheaper. 

Hi, PMed

Still at design stage, so no pic yet. Yes I do think that non-glass is cheaper because glass lift is heavier and require a bigger motor. But I have some design constraints, so a glass lift actually makes the place look bigger.

Still considering..

54 minutes ago, imzz said:

Still at design stage, so no pic yet. Yes I do think that non-glass is cheaper because glass lift is heavier and require a bigger motor. But I have some design constraints, so a glass lift actually makes the place look bigger.

Still considering..

actually the lift is still make of metal. just that the shaft will be made of glass panels which is more expensive than using bricks/concrete blocks to build the lift core/shaft. with glass lift shaft, you can basically see all the lift mechanisms compared to everything hidden for normal brick/concrete walls for the lift shaft.

edit: just saw some pics of lifts with glass panels so additional cost could be for tempered glass for the lift panels as well

Edited by snoozee

On 4/14/2018 at 8:21 PM, imzz said:

Hi folks,

In the process of designing a new house and we have decided to put in a lift. My architect designed a lift with a glass shaft and so far the quotation for the lift alone came back at about 60k. Some helpful bros in this forum has recommended me their lift vendors but the quotation is fairly high as well. Does anyone installed lift with glass shaft before or has any lift vendors to recommend? Please share with me your experience? I am hoping to bring the cost of lift down to 50k ish. Thanks!

Imzz

you may like to try my builder who did renovation for me, heard he also did new buildings for private. 83137177 Mr AK

If you search for a reliable and innovative solution for your garage door and gate opener needs? Look no further than LiftMaster – a prominent player in the industry. In this post, we'll take a closer look at liftmaster reviews to provide insights into what makes this brand a preferred choice for many homeowners. Many users express satisfaction with the smooth and reliable operation of LiftMaster products.