Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
TYM

"must Have", "need To Have" And "nice To Have"

After reading thru so many postings on household appliances and the list of things that fellow forumners are buying for their new house, there seems to be endless things to buy.

To prepare myself, I have decided to classified the household appliances and electrical products into 3 broad categories namely:

1. Must have. Die die must buy, else will be very inconvenient or not practical.

2. Need to have. Can buy can don't buy, or buy later. Minimum or no inconvenience.

3. Nice to have. Bascially fanciful gadgets. If after buying items in (1) and (2), budget still allows, why not.

Must Have

Fridge

Washing Machine

Water heater

Stove/Hob

Microwave oven

Rice cooker

TV for living room

Thermos flask (to boil hot water)

Hair dryer (must buy else FW will face black black)

Fan (1 for each rm)

Need to Have

Air con

Hood

Oven

TV for MBR

Nice to Have

HTS

Biometric Finger Print lock

Wireless door viewer (as one have mentioned)

So far these are the things I can think of (electrical appliances only). After adding furnitures, lightings, curtains, crockery, utensils, daily necessities etc etc, the $$$ can be very substantial :bangwall:. Pls feel free to add or share what are the electrical applicances you have bought during your initial setting up of our new home.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

You have family?

If not, maybe no need for fan in each room. For my new place its only me and my wife, we bought two stand fan to be moved around when needed - did not install fan in every room. We also have a ceiling fan left behind by the previous owner in the living room.

If not cooking, no need for microwave oven and rice cooker. I am using an electric keetle to boil water.

I would classify TV for MBR as nice-to-have, but that's just me.

There's also the vacuum cleaner and the laundry dryer. For me, both are nice-to-have.

Here's my opinion when I move in in stages:

Must Have (in order to move)

Fridge

Washing Machine

Water heater

Stove/Hob

Rice cooker

TV for living room

Thermos flask (to boil hot water)

Fan (1 for living rm, 1 for MBR if no children)

Lightings (can cost easily above 1k, especially if you have downlights all over the place)

Phone/ Modem

Need to Have

DVD player (for entertainment, cable back into tv for audio)

Hair dryer

Microwave oven

Air con

Toaster (if you eat bread)

Vacumm cleaner

Nice to Have

TV for MBR

Hood

HTS

Biometric Finger Print lock

Wireless door viewer (as one have mentioned)

You have family?

If not, maybe no need for fan in each room. For my new place its only me and my wife, we bought two stand fan to be moved around when needed - did not install fan in every room. We also have a ceiling fan left behind by the previous owner in the living room.

If not cooking, no need for microwave oven and rice cooker. I am using an electric keetle to boil water.

I would classify TV for MBR as nice-to-have, but that's just me.

There's also the vacuum cleaner and the laundry dryer. For me, both are nice-to-have.

Ya, mayb not fan for each room, just MBR, study and dining, ceiling fan for living rm.

See microwave as a must have cos for warming food eg tingkat dinner, seriously considering this option.

Thanks for reminding about the vacuum cleaner. No to laundry dryer, waste electricity.

Preferred another TV in MBR, I watched EPL, wife watch those Taiwan horoscope (horrorscope) and beauty tips show, yawn :sport-smiley-004: .

Here's my opinion when I move in in stages:

Must Have (in order to move)

Lightings (can cost easily above 1k, especially if you have downlights all over the place)

Phone/ Modem

Need to Have

DVD player (for entertainment, cable back into tv for audio)

Ya, need internet connection, wireless.

No need for house phone, my HP FOC from co. Else will get the MIO package, free landline call.

No need DVD, no habit of watching dvd movies at home.