Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Sreejithb

Help with water heater switch

Hey Guys,

This might sound petty, but I am planning to replace the Legrand water heater switch in my house to a Xiaomi Aqara wall switch so I can set timers for when the water should boil. Xiaomi has few types of Aqara switch and most of them are meant for lights. Luckily I found one ( link) which can handle 10A and requires neutral wire (In that link, look for QBKG11LM). 

My heater is Ariston 30Litres. The spec sheet says the power consumption is 1.5kw. So my question is:

1) Is 10A switch safe to use? If I do my calculations correctly (with 230V), the current should be around 6-7A?

2) Does the new HDB water heater switches come with Neutral wire? I can't call the electrician to pull a cable and all that hassle.

3) Does anyone have any experience with these switches?

Thank you in advance for any feedback

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Not sure leh. Xiaomi makes good switches but idk about your calculations. if P = IV means w=AxV. 7Ax230V= 1610w = 1.61kw. sooooooooo the 10 should be really safe to use?

1. 1500W will draw about 6.5A so 10A should be safe

2. all electrical wiring must come with a neutral wire. else can't power up with just a live and earth wire as current flows from live to neutral wire.

2 hours ago, alantanqc said:

I was told there are no neutral wire behind light switch. Can that be true?

depends on what type of light switch is being used it can be true.