Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Sharing some of my wonderful experience in renovation.

Received my keys during in the 1Q of this year, and didnt really want to burst my budget thus went for the contractor route, didnt need a super good looking house but a hole in our pockets.

The day we got our housekeys, we went looking at our new house and also  at our neighbours renovation progress. We found our contractor there, he is very young but very responsible. 

His cost was very cheap( later i will share how much we paid total for our whole renovation...:), of cause we didnt want to pay peanuts and get monkey! The thing is that we trusted him is that he also renovated a few flats in our new house area, and the comments and reviews by neighbours were by far very good too.

What we wanted were very simple, 

Our job scope we wanted:

-Vinyl flooring , kitchen cabinets, 3 wardrobe for 3 bedrooms, painting, and hacking of walls to make it open concept.

Here is what we paid for under his package price:

1) Supply and install cement screeding with vinyl flooring to living room, walkway and 3 bedrooms

2) Supply and install 20 Ft kitchen cabinet

3) Supply and install 10FT Iquartz Top

4) Supply and install 2 6FT wardrobe in 2 bedrooms

5) Supply and paint whole house with nippon/ICI paint

Package price: $18,800

Add ons: for additional 8 FT wardrobe with setee:$1800.

Hacking of walls:FOC

Fix living room, bedroom,toilets and kitchen lights (10 no): $120

Fix 2 ceilnig fans :$90

Total we spent for our renovation is only $21,000! Like can you believe it $21,000 for a 5 room BTO? I couldnt believe it too but that was what we paid for. My colleague also recently renovated their house and their quote was closed to $50k. But I guess we cannot compare like this as our house was only done by contractor, dont have the designer feel! But nonetheless, we are happy as we only want to have a house which is actually feasible to live in and the amount we saved is so much substantial. I guess our house looks quite good too ! 

Oh yes, and not to mention that haulage fees and chemical washing was also free, as their workers are all in house workers. 

To all new homeowners who will be receiving their keys soon, all the best in renovating your new house!. 

vinyl floor 1.jpg

vinyl floor.jpg

5-room-HDB-resale-Kitchen.jpg

Built-in-wardrobe-for-bedroom-1.jpg

wardrobe 2.jpg

wardrobe.jpg