Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kikapo

Fisher & Paykel

Hi,

Anyone using Fisher & Paykel Fridge? Care to share feedback?

I was thinking to get one but one of the salesman told me that the compressor/motor is very noisy and takes very long to defreeze the food.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi,

Anyone using Fisher & Paykel Fridge? Care to share feedback?

I was thinking to get one but one of the salesman told me that the compressor/motor is very noisy and takes very long to defreeze the food.

went to my regular hdb estate electrical app shop, they told me to get ANY japanese instead of F&P.

they said quality no good :sport-smiley-018:

I am using it for many years... so far so good... the only problem that face is the alarm sound when the door didn't close tightly... must make sure the door close tight..

nah. im using F&P fridge and washer. so far no problem at all.

ya...wife's frens also using F&P and no problem....so donno who to listen to. :sport-smiley-018:

I'm using my F&P fridge for 4 months, function-wise no issue but I don't see much difference function-wise from the other brands (at parents and in-laws' place) despite the huge price difference. I think I bought it for the brand rather than through data-research on its pros and cons... not worth the extra money :lol:

I am using it for many years... so far so good... the only problem that face is the alarm sound when the door didn't close tightly... must make sure the door close tight..

Isn't that a "good problem"? It shows the alarm works and telling u to check the doors, saving you electricity.

I also like F&P fridge for its design both external and internal. Find that the jap and korean fridge designs not so nice. But my FW say it is ex and should look at the korean fridge technology. But I am quite clueless about all these tech terms like nano tech, plasmocluster etc... Anybody can enlighten?

Btw, dun think we will cook often, dun think will stock up a lot of perishables, so are these technology still impt? Most impt is energy saving.

I'm using my F&P fridge for 4 months, function-wise no issue but I don't see much difference function-wise from the other brands (at parents and in-laws' place) despite the huge price difference. I think I bought it for the brand rather than through data-research on its pros and cons... not worth the extra money :(

price will be a big gap will be due to a few factors.

where is the origin manufacture from?

what is the consumption power?

fully stainless or only coated stainless steel?

easily to get the parts?

warrenty wise?

been using F&P fridge for the past 3 years... no problems thus far,

occasionally, some "crackling noise" from the fridge - not too sure if the salesperson is refering to this? according to F&P cust svc, this noise are normal..no worries..

anyway.. i've no regrets in buying it.. ezyclean surface is a breeze to clean.. :sport-smiley-004:

Edited by prata

my parents are using the F&P fridge and no issues so far. and for me, i tink that the alarm is a good feature cos reminds the user to close the door properly

anyway.. i've no regrets in buying it.. ezyclean surface is a breeze to clean.. :sport-smiley-004:

How do you clean the plastic handles? I have the stainless steel one, which is easy to clean but there're always spots on the plastic handles.. :jawdrop:

been using F&P fridge for the past 3 years... no problems thus far,

occasionally, some "crackling noise" from the fridge - not too sure if the salesperson is refering to this? according to F&P cust svc, this noise are normal..no worries..

anyway.. i've no regrets in buying it.. ezyclean surface is a breeze to clean.. :notti:

geez.... :jawdrop::o:) dunno to listen who liao...

Wow, seems like F&P is not as bad as wat the salesman says.

Sigh, headache , donno which one to buy one. Cos the Mitsusubishi Baby Folio recommended, the functionalities better, but more expensive.

:jawdrop:

kikapo,

From what I know, F&P fridge is a very well made one. The part that is notoriously associated with F&P is not the core design, it's the cooling fan. Apparently, the cooling fan is made by a local company, and it's this part that always gives the problem.

I bought my mother 2 huge F&P fridges, and specially ordered one in with left opening, so that she can use a pair of them like a pigeon pair. The one with the left opening, direct from Australia is problem free. The other one with the right opening, however had a mechanical fault where the fridge stopped being cold. The service men came and fixed the problem. FOC.