Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mike

Can We Engage More Than One Agent To Sell The Flat

I had seen some agnts "punishing" the owners and end up the owner find agnt D to do and I think sold at lower price.....Actually exclusive form is to protect agnts from owner later don let them sell. End up after so many advert, get nothing. But many agnts take for granted and abuse the exclusive until many sellers scared.

There can only be so many agents grouping together; I don't believe all the agents in the whole Singapore are friends with each other. Surely got some buay gum with certain agents, some desperate ones, etc - even if in the group, you must know how to manipulate them lor. Remember you are the customer, they are the service provider. You GOT the money, they WANT the money. Always remember your status and don't ever let them group together and abuse you.

And that's why I said from the beginning, exclusive agency only benefits the agents, not the seller/buyer. Its those marketing tactics from the top mgmt that teaches them how to tell the seller/buyer that it is good for them.

The agents do not just take for granted, but they abuse it lor. I known of alot of agents out there whose FIRST PRIORITY is to go all out to sign exclusive, especially when they do not have many properties. They will be super nice, act like super responsible etc but after you signed, wait long long, I no time to sell your house, I need to go sign somemore other exclusive lah!

The agents are using the exclusive agency like putting one leg into your transaction; whether if he sells it for you or some other agents come along with a buyer, or maybe if you wait too long and go find your own buyer, he is still involved lor. In brief, exclusive agency now do not just serve to protect the agents, but used to control you, although you are supposed to be the customer!

In chinese, this is really "gao zhao" lor... :)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
There can only be so many agents grouping together; I don't believe all the agents in the whole Singapore are friends with each other. Surely got some buay gum with certain agents, some desperate ones, etc - even if in the group, you must know how to manipulate them lor. Remember you are the customer, they are the service provider. You GOT the money, they WANT the money. Always remember your status and don't ever let them group together and abuse you.

And that's why I said from the beginning, exclusive agency only benefits the agents, not the seller/buyer. Its those marketing tactics from the top mgmt that teaches them how to tell the seller/buyer that it is good for them.

The agents do not just take for granted, but they abuse it lor. I known of alot of agents out there whose FIRST PRIORITY is to go all out to sign exclusive, especially when they do not have many properties. They will be super nice, act like super responsible etc but after you signed, wait long long, I no time to sell your house, I need to go sign somemore other exclusive lah!

The agents are using the exclusive agency like putting one leg into your transaction; whether if he sells it for you or some other agents come along with a buyer, or maybe if you wait too long and go find your own buyer, he is still involved lor. In brief, exclusive agency now do not just serve to protect the agents, but used to control you, although you are supposed to be the customer!

In chinese, this is really "gao zhao" lor... :)

With this competitive industry, one got to protect themselves from other ppl snatching their biz(units).

Look at this way then, if we the owners play dirty, you think the agents not going to think up some way to protect themselves.

If we are good owners, we encourage good agent ethics too.

Most important, state clearly your intentions if you are letting the agent exclusive, or getting many agents.

There was a talk about bad customer service and they says it's due to bad customer behavior........

Look at this way then, if we the owners play dirty, you think the agents not going to think up some way to protect themselves.

Most important, state clearly your intentions if you are letting the agent exclusive, or getting many agents.

There was a talk about bad customer service and they says it's due to bad customer behavior........

But some agents really CMI .. when i sold my flat, i had this agent who i thought (then) was super pushy and aggressive. But she manage to sell my flat at almost the price i wanted. SHe really made sure the sale went thru ...

My current place, this agent super lousy :P! so many viewers and cannot even close the deal ... even had 1 offer that was slightly below wat i wanted .. thought he wld have been able to nego or work out something but still the deal just fell thru

Yes- there are tonnes of agents out there ... getting a good one is almost like kena 4D

!!

You are right - however, its not exactly a chicken-and-egg situation.

Put it this way, which one has higher percentage: Owners who are out to play dirty even though the agents are fair, or agents who are out to play dirty even though the owners did not do anything?

IMO, owners only play dirty in order to counter the tricks from the agents, not the other way around. After all, owner's main objective is to sell the house mah, there are still alot of things to do other than selling leh. Where got time to think up of scheming plans to cheat agents?

Whereas agents are different; comm is their ricebowl and thus there is no guessing as to why they want to play dirty and try to earn more money.

But some agents really CMI .. when i sold my flat, i had this agent who i thought (then) was super pushy and aggressive. But she manage to sell my flat at almost the price i wanted. SHe really made sure the sale went thru ...

My current place, this agent super lousy :dunno:! so many viewers and cannot even close the deal ... even had 1 offer that was slightly below wat i wanted .. thought he wld have been able to nego or work out something but still the deal just fell thru

Yes- there are tonnes of agents out there ... getting a good one is almost like kena 4D

:jawdrop:

There are still good agents around... If u found a good agent, then next transaction u can call her again to help u.....

There are still good agents around... If u found a good agent, then next transaction u can call her again to help u.....

Actually that was what I felt too... But it was not ture for my case...One of the agent from *RA helped me to sold my unit at a very good price many years back... he was the top few agent in *RA... so when I wanted to sell my previous unit... I signed an excutive with him... he never even brought any buyer to view my unit... till the excutive end...

i don't think i am a bad customer to the agents. :notti:

During the time i looked for flat, called many agents to view house at the beginning, and then found only three of them (belong to different company) are good, so after that only view flats they offered.

I informed them that I was also looking at flats arranged by other agents. This three agents all don't mind that, just continue contacting me once they had new flats on hand. I think it is perfessional. Did appreciate that. I think if I am an agent, I will also do this way, as I can't only do the job when I know i am sure win.

Otherwise running the business is too easy.

For the selling of existing flat, i don't understand why three agents offer different price as one example given above. I thought the seller should give expected selling price to agent to market it. isn't it ?

most likely i won't go for exclusive agency. might just contact this three agents again and state it clearly.

who bring in the customer with best price will win, and give extra commision if they can sell it above my expected price. that sounds simple, right ? I hope it will work when I start selling. :jawdrop:

My experience with agents is that if you do an exclusive, you'll have to wait a very long time. They bring in a few viewers in the first few weeks...then they stop and complain that you're too fussy...as if to make you kan cheong and wear you and your price down so that they can do a quick and easy deal.

Sharing from my own experience, we agreed on which agents for the exclusive. But we did not sign the form yet, but we request that the agent bring his available customer for viewing. So we managed to close the deal after 1st viewing and then on the same day, we also signed the form. At least, the agent knows your expectation and will work harder for you.

Sharing from my own experience, we agreed on which agents for the exclusive. But we did not sign the form yet, but we request that the agent bring his available customer for viewing. So we managed to close the deal after 1st viewing and then on the same day, we also signed the form. At least, the agent knows your expectation and will work harder for you.

Huh if the deal is already closed then u still sign exclusive for what? :notti:

Or you mean you sign the form that says you agree to pay commission? ;)