Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
iamracoon

Vacuuming Robots

buying from irobot direct is the 2nd most expensive way to get with john ackerman as the most ex.

source ard the US online retailers and you will find better deals. got to have patience though

also Vpost is the worst agent if you want to ship in heavy stuff. whats commonly used is comgateway..

Hi Guys,

I have a contact who wants to sell me a Roomba 560 ( brand new) for $700.

saw at Irobot website : $349 USD X 1.38 = $481 SGD ( Assume credit card charges 1.38)

Vpost shipping = $150 ( based on my friend's own import cost the last time)

total cost : $631

do you think I should just let him earn the $70 for all the hassle?

I actually tried to order fr Irobot direct but they only accepted US credit cards, vpost conceirge & others charge abt 5% of purchase price.

any comments on this? I'm not an ebay fan & no paypal.

i gather you bought another roomba from ebay? :help:

let me know if you're willing to let go of the 550 at a more "decent" price ya. i had budgeted for a 535 but if not too much, i can upgrade my budget.

haha, you want or not, I sell you at $650 !! but you gotta self collect from me @ Shenton way/Redhill :jawdrop:

it is a Roomba 550, black color instead of silver faceplate, same specs except it comes with free batteries for the lighthouses and extra 3 filters 8| Brand new but opened, never used. Coz I can wait for another week, if you are keen I can let go mine for you first :notti:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Well, I dun have time to set up the roomba right now, so if club101 needs it and want to save some $$$ compared to what he/she can buy, I can let go mine :dunno: I have stated the price liao. You can counter offer via PM, "decent" is very subjective lor....

I dun need to sell though, just that it will be lying there for another 1-2 weeks only idling lol!

Edited by tingshen

Well, I dun have time to set up the roomba right now, so if club101 needs it and want to save some $$$ compared to what he/she can buy, I can let go mine :D I have stated the price liao. You can counter offer via PM, "decent" is very subjective lor....

I dun need to sell though, just that it will be lying there for another 1-2 weeks only idling lol!

HI tingshen > thx for the offer, think i'll pass. managed to get an offer off amazon.

Citibank charges 1.39 as exchange rate... tsk tsk... so high :(

now just waiting for vpost to revert on shipping. Didn't noe abt comgateway.. should have asked in this forum ... shucks.

thx anyway

juz wondering if anybody is keen on a roomba 560? i bought 1 from US but the wife is not approving of the $ spent so im thinking of selling it

How much are u selling it for?

im waiting for the freight company to revert with final quote for shipping + tax but im expecting it to be no more than 600

How much are u selling it for?

Just saw Amazon selling at US$314.99 for the iRobot Roomba 560. Free ship within US. Comgateway charges expected to be US$34 (based on Amazon who indicated the shipping weight at 13lb). Not sure about VPOST charges coz never check. If everything is calculated correctly, and base on 1.4 for US exchange rate, it means the cost can be as S$489, but since more than S$400 will expect to attract GST so total after GST is about S$523. Still a lot of money to pay. Will give it a serious thought and see if I need it or not.

theres 1 additional cost to factor in which is the CIF. tingshen will know alot abt this coz he kena this cost using comgateway recently

Just saw Amazon selling at US$314.99 for the iRobot Roomba 560. Free ship within US. Comgateway charges expected to be US$34 (based on Amazon who indicated the shipping weight at 13lb). Not sure about VPOST charges coz never check. If everything is calculated correctly, and base on 1.4 for US exchange rate, it means the cost can be as S$489, but since more than S$400 will expect to attract GST so total after GST is about S$523. Still a lot of money to pay. Will give it a serious thought and see if I need it or not.

my bad.. tot u were someone from hardwarezone forum. ;)

what hardwarezone? what makes you think that way? :dunno:

anyway, you can always put smart price and skip the GST. :D

what hardwarezone? what makes you think that way? :dunno:

anyway, you can always put smart price and skip the GST. :D

So does this mean that it will only cost you S$489 for the iRobot? :dunno:

theres 1 additional cost to factor in which is the CIF. tingshen will know alot abt this coz he kena this cost using comgateway recently

Hmm...simi CIF? Can explain a bit? Never got this problem with VPOST leh, but have not check VPOST charges yet. Shipped VPOST quite a few times before but never on comgateway.