Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
iamracoon

Vacuuming Robots

Seems that homefix is in on the bandwagon. They are carrying a Made in Taiwan version for under $300. Its the basic type. No Scheduling function. Asked abt that and salesguy said they might bring in later. On another note, Samsung came out with their own robot too. Pricing unknown.

I saw the homefix version just now. Red colour . Selling $298

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

HI All,

I have the Roomba 500 series Original Side Brush (six Arm- New mod) for Sale, bought extra, so now selling at S$10.00 each, I have only a few pieces.

HI All,

I have the Roomba 500 series Original Side Brush (six Arm- New mod) for Sale, bought extra, so now selling at S$10.00 each, I have only a few pieces.

I just don't know exactly..But.i recently came to know about Roomba vacuum robots...Varieties of Roomba include the scooba that is more effective with hardwood floors, linoleum and other surfaces that are not carpeted. In short, it washes as well as clean the surface.

Edited by Makey

The reviews and post thus far are dated back from 2007. It's 2010 now, I am just wondering if there are any owners of these robot vacuums around to share more reviews? What model they think is best and for what reason?

I am interested in getting it, but too many doubts.

Like if we order a us version. will there be any power defects? etc...

The reviews and post thus far are dated back from 2007. It's 2010 now, I am just wondering if there are any owners of these robot vacuums around to share more reviews? What model they think is best and for what reason?

I am interested in getting it, but too many doubts.

Like if we order a us version. will there be any power defects? etc...

Saw this Roomba lookalike at Mega, looks even more advanced that Roomba....got camera to record the ceiling layout of the room and avoid cleaning the same spot more than once, even hunts for the shortest path back when running low on battery.... selling for less than $800

http://www.samsung.com/sg/Navibot/

Edited by neubie

My transformer died too after 1 night of use. :bangwall:

I'm contemplating between the two options:

1) mod the iRobot charger ($10 to $15?)

2) get a universal power supply for laptops ($20 to $30?)

Apparently, option 2 works. I read elsewhere that they got a 70W one and it's running perfectly. Getting a 34W one does not charge the battery fully.

Will need to seek your advise.

I just collect the roomba 560 today and actually went to buy a voltage converter 220-110 and 60 watts power.

Started to charge it but the converter just turn off on its own after about 15 mins which i guess cause it is overheated.

However i accidently switch the converter from 110-220 and instantly there was smoke coming out from the converter.my guess is that i had fried the converter..

i went to buy another converter for 220-110 and 100 watts, but now what happen is that the led on the adapter that come with the roomba as well as the docking station is not lited at all.

I suspect that i had fried the adapter as well.

Can u advise whether do i need to buy another adapter or i can modified,like changing some components with your help?

Please call me @ 90678180 if u see this msg as i really need your help urgently.

Will gladly buy u a good lunch for your help and advise.

hi,

i looks at your used Roomba 560 or 570.

come with full accessories and box set.

anyone wanna sell your roomba, please PM me your best price.

i am thinking to get one for value 2nd hand Roomba.

thank you!

Will need to seek your advise.

I just collect the roomba 560 today and actually went to buy a voltage converter 220-110 and 60 watts power.

Started to charge it but the converter just turn off on its own after about 15 mins which i guess cause it is overheated.

However i accidently switch the converter from 110-220 and instantly there was smoke coming out from the converter.my guess is that i had fried the converter..

i went to buy another converter for 220-110 and 100 watts, but now what happen is that the led on the adapter that come with the roomba as well as the docking station is not lited at all.

I suspect that i had fried the adapter as well.

Can u advise whether do i need to buy another adapter or i can modified,like changing some components with your help?

Please call me @ 90678180 if u see this msg as i really need your help urgently.

Will gladly buy u a good lunch for your help and advise.

You can try http://robovac.weebly.com/index.html for advise. Hope this helps.